Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Savage newbe with a few questions (Read 70 times)
XJLS650
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Savage newbe with a few questions
10/17/13 at 16:37:29

Hey All,
Name is Chris and I have an 01 Savage LS650 with 13000 on it.  I have owned the bike for about 6 weeks now and I love it. I have a few things i was curious about some I have successfully researched some not so much. So here is what I got, first my head gasket leaks and after much research I found this is a common savage problem.  I planned on replacing it over the winter while it is down for the season. Next point is my petcock, According to all my research I should have a vacuum actuated petcock but I do not, so my best assumption is that it has been replaced with a manual petcock of some kind by a previous owner. It has a tendency to run out of gas with almost no warning. Next point is my Neutral indicator light. It does not work. I have had the tank off to check the bulb is dead and it is not. I used a multimeter and got no signal from the neutral switch, when I disconnected the switch from the wiring harness and jumped it to the bike frame the light would go on. Is this a problem any one has had before? If so i have not been able to find any info on it at all. Sorry to spit out so many things at once. Im a curious guy looking for any answers I can get. Thanks guys! Smiley

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Savage newbe with a few questions
Reply #1 - 10/17/13 at 18:33:57

Leak is likely the head cover plug,.. not, the head gasket...See Tech section..
We would need to see your petcock to know what it is... or how to fix it....
... but, basically,.. you'd want to extend the main fuel tap, to gain more reserve... (also, use a cheap luggage lock to keep track of miles between fill-ups... See Tech for that too...
Neutral light... you'll have to open up a side case for that fix... (or just live without a light)...
(PS.. you'll be wanting to get in there soon anyway, to check your camchain adjuster)... See the Tech section again for that...

We got it all in the Tech section... Grin...
Table of Contents with links
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1181745927

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Savage newbe with a few questions
Reply #2 - 10/17/13 at 21:31:46

Welcome,, Thats a fine post,, Gave us the backstory & then asked the questions.
At 13,000 miles you are getting real close to time to check on the cam chain, No worries,, its easy, time consuming, but simple.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 04:20:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Savage newbe with a few questions

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.