Tucson Az
Re: Midnight
Reply #15 - 10/18/13 at 09:00:29

Noop,... won't read it...
That Mark Steyn has a way with wooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooords...
...as in,.. too many to say nothing...
I got better things to do...

Like chew tinfoil or pass a kidney stone... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 10/18/13 at 09:07:26

Well then, you do make a perfect moderator for today's world...

We wouldn't want to upset anyone by saying something revolutionary or inflammatory now would we?....

Learn your lesson Midnight; stay within the predefined lines and you can have all the freedom you're allowed to have.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 10/18/13 at 09:15:15

When IM calling for justice for "them" I preface it with
we need investigations, indictments & trials,,that way no one can interpret it as inciting or promoting vigilante action. That decares a desire for legal, lawful actions & only the guilty can be bothered, but even then, they cant pretend Im making a terroristic threat.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #18 - 10/18/13 at 09:36:01

WebsterMark wrote on 10/18/13 at 09:07:26:
Well then, you do make a perfect moderator for today's world...

We wouldn't want to upset anyone by saying something revolutionary or inflammatory now would we?....

Learn your lesson Midnight; stay within the predefined lines and you can have all the freedom you're allowed to have.....

I'm your moderator,.. not Mark Steyn's...
Some things I have to read,.. some I don't...
Like I said,.. I got better things to do...

Now, y'all go on about yer' ranting,.. and I'm goin' fer' a ride...
Play nice... Grin...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 10/18/13 at 10:10:17

If you had bothered to read my post, you would already know what my answer is.

I'll "play" however the hell I feel like playing. And if you don't get that, shame on you.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 10/18/13 at 14:49:29

WebsterMark wrote on 10/18/13 at 10:10:17:

I'll "play" however the hell I feel like playing. And if you don't get that, shame on you.

yeah, the first amendment doesn't really apply here, this is a privately run forum, you can say anything you like, but that doesn't mean there won't be consequences, just like in real life. your choice to play here or not, to play along with the moderator/s or to bash them, it's their choice to let you, this isn't constitutionally protected free speech here

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #21 - 10/18/13 at 15:24:05

Even Constitutionally protected free speech has its consequences. But not supposed to be from government. Say things, express ideas that the people find disgusting & they will shun you, at least.
As long as what is said here is not a personal attack & is trying to express a concern or convince someone to change their mind, then I see no reason why anyone should be given a hassle by a mod,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #22 - 10/18/13 at 15:40:16

LostArtist wrote on 10/18/13 at 14:49:29:
WebsterMark wrote on 10/18/13 at 10:10:17:

yeah, the first amendment doesn't really apply here, this is a privately run forum, you can say anything you like, but that doesn't mean there won't be consequences, just like in real life. your choice to play here or not, to play along with the moderator/s or to bash them, it's their choice to let you, this isn't constitutionally protected free speech here

For review:

No TT means this stuff spills over into the Cafe
Not everyone is equiped to handle this level of discourse
The TT it acts as a "heat sink" to protect the other sub-forums
Squeeze the TT and you alienate a group of members
Fewer members means less expertise for your questions
Some members may go start a competing site, diluting the "brand"
It is better to give everyone an outlet to keep the member numbers up
Ad revenue for server costs stays up, which I am all for!!
Thus, you can play the private forum card but censorship would wreck the experience for everyone
Want proof? Watch how things change with Midnight gone, he was a political moderate and a prolific thread starter

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #23 - 10/18/13 at 17:39:40

Thanks Dane. I dont know what Web has against me, I've always been nice to him when other prople havent. I've sent him nice PM's. He asked for my email this morning and I PMed it to him. I havent threatened anyone or broken any Irst amendment rights, all I did was give an opinion. If a Congressman is allowed to talk about the possibility of a civil war during an official Congressional session I should be able to talk about it too legally. I guess its just a power thing to him, he cant take it because he's not in charge. I have nothing against Web or anyone on this forum. I post a lot of things just to hear the other side because I'm human and I'm not always right. No matter what anyone tells you the only way to make an informed decision is to hear both sides. I would really get bored quick if we all agreed. Bot was just doing what he thought was best for the forum, he might think different but as far as I'm concerned him and I are still friends. Webb made a statement about three pages back that JOG and I have never been discourteous to him, now he's attacking me like a two headed snake for saying something that is perfectly legal to talk about unless I threaten someone which I will never do. We all know I will call Politicians name's LOL, but thats legal. He has 2 very polite  PM's from me in his inbox. I remember one of them I told him I enjoyed sparring with him because I wanted to hear both sides. I admitted to Webb I was wrong on one ocasion and I'm not always right. I dont know how I could ever have been any nicer to him. I'm man enough to admit I dont always have the correct answer for everything, thats what I like about this forum. My doc told me I had the body now of a 70 year old man, I've lost most of my strenght but I hope I never lose the ability to learn and I thank all you guys for helping me with  that.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #24 - 10/18/13 at 18:02:53

LA as to my knowledge I've never broken the First Amendment here. If I interpret it right you have to threaten someone bodily harm which I have never done. If I am wrong please correct me.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #25 - 10/18/13 at 21:20:12

Serowbot wrote on 10/18/13 at 09:00:29:
Noop,... won't read it...
That Mark Steyn has a way with wooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooords...
...as in,.. too many to say nothing...
I got better things to do...

Like chew tinfoil or pass a kidney stone... Grin...
I agree with Bot! I have not comitted any crimes acording to the first amendment. I've always treated you with respect and everyone else on the forum even though I often disagreed. You wanted my Email this morning and I sent it to you immediately. I've congratulated you several times on being a sucessful business man,even today in a PM. If the truth be known I've been nicer to you than anyone on this forum. Now tell me what Canadian law or the Nobel Peace Prize has to to with this forum. As far as my limits go the Constitution and The Bill of Rights decided that, not you.You have no right to even try to control what I say. As far as I'm concerned this is America, Land Of The Free and as long as I dont threaten anyone I'll say what and when I want to. I may not have the business or money you have but my maturity is worth a whole lot more to me. Time after time you've pitched temper tantrums on this forum and called good people names like a 3 year old child. Hope you enjoyed that because I didnt call you names. threaten you and once again I proved you dont control my limits.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #26 - 10/18/13 at 22:10:51

Midnightrider wrote on 10/18/13 at 17:39:40:
Thanks Dane.

Sure thing, I have really enjoyed your posts and threads!! You have very much contributed positively to the TT.

Quote:
....that JOG and I have never been discourteous to him, now he's attacking me like a two headed snake for saying something that is perfectly legal to talk about unless I threaten someone which I will never do.....

I don't think you read his post right, I've been back over it several times and, unless I missed something, he is taking Sero to task...

Edit: I think I see, it was Lost Artist, not Webstermark that made that post...Web's on your side.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #27 - 10/18/13 at 23:18:33

Yes,.. Web was digging at me...
I just don't need to read a whole copy/paste book to hear that I'm a pompous bully... (I can just scan 2 or 3 words per paragraph and get the jist)...
... besides...
It's already in my resume'... Grin...

PS.. Lost was just pointing out that it's my job to be a pompous bully...
I just hope I'm not too pompous or bullying...
I do have my reputation as a slacker to protect...
Huh...

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #28 - 10/19/13 at 02:32:55

WebsterMark wrote on 10/17/13 at 08:33:55:
Okay, thank you Sew.
I disagree with you on almost everything, but i think in this regard, you most likely acted  reasonable.
Dane this is Web talking about Bot supposedly kicking me out which was never the case. I've bent over backwards being nice to him. Web has his own side and thats it period.Once again Web says"  If you had bothered to read my post, you would already know what my answer is."

"I'll play however the hell I feel like playing. And if you don't get that, shame on you." Just another couple quotes from Web.  Its just Web's way. no matter how nice you are to him. He's not lacking in self confidence LOL. Dane I'll try to keep some good threads rolling for ya! Thanks for the compliments.

« Last Edit: 10/19/13 at 10:23:41 by Midnightrider »  

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 10/19/13 at 06:46:56

What the hell are you talking about midnight?! I'm not against you on this. When I found out what you said that got you "censored", I didn't think it was called for. I incorrectly gave Sew (hereafter known as "the pompous one) the benefit of the doubt for being reasonable which I was clearly wrong to do.

And yes, I'm aware this is not a first amendment issue per se, but then again, it brings to light how easy it is for liberals to casually restrict speech.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/02/24 at 22:14:33

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Midnight

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.