Send Topic Print
EBT cards and Walmart (Read 114 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

EBT cards and Walmart
10/15/13 at 05:31:13

You've probably heard the story; EBT cards malfunctioned and all limits were removed. When the some card holders found out about it, social networking alerted hundreds if not thousands and they swarmed Walmart. The local Walmart workers were overwhelmed and called their corporate office for guidance. They know a large % of their customers buy products on EBT cards everyday which Wamart gets reimbursed from the Fed. Regardless if it was a mistake or not, they realized they could still collect from the government even after the limits were returned. So they told the local store to sell away, up to what people could carry. They stripped the shelves bare until the limits were fixed a few hours later.

Now class, what's the moral to this story? Who's the bad guy in this story?

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Re: EBT cards and Walmart
Reply #1 - 10/15/13 at 06:21:07

I saw the news report, pretty sad.

As to who the bad guy is... its the politicians... but then "we" elected them (or did we?).
This is an example of why such systems are always bad for the society as a whole. Sure poor people get fed, but it breaks down social values and creates the mess we see. This goes to what I have witnessed as an ever increasing trend.
" I am not guilty if I am not caught"  Basically it externalizes ones idea of right and wrong. What is "right" is anything for which I am not caught, or if I am caught, I "pay" for my inability to not be caught and stuff I stole, and all is even. Jail isn't learning what is right and wrong, but is learning the importance of not being caught. This is because the system overwhelming supports the externalized idea of right and wrong.

I saw a video last night that claimed that 56% of people asked responded "yes" to the following question:
" Would you take something from someone if you knew they would never miss it?"  

This plays right into the EBT mess, I am quite certain these people consider the EBT as thiers...if the government messes up and gives them too much, its not their fault for taking whats given. You can't steal whats given you... They would also say something like" name the person I stole from?"  

The system is so broken, I just have no idea how it could ever be fixed again.

« Last Edit: 12/26/13 at 13:04:16 by Pine »  
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 10/15/13 at 09:32:52

move to the head of the class Pine....

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 10/15/13 at 11:02:59

They behaved no less than what I would've expected.
Up to, and including, abandoning carts full of stuff next to the register after the problem had been corrected.

--Steve

IP Logged
SimeonC

Tha-Tha-Tha
Thumper!!

Alabama
Reply #4 - 12/18/13 at 17:29:10

Yeah I seen it on the news too... But the killer with me and EBT is the things u can actually purchase with EBT like cases of Soda, Candy, Beef jerky, and in some smaller places even beer!!!! its ridiculous....

ALL GAS EYELID-FLIPPER!!
GO-BABY-GO!!
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #5 - 12/18/13 at 18:18:03

Simply put the number of people in our society have graduated to new levels of dishonesty, fraud, and I dare say predatory behavior.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #6 - 12/26/13 at 12:49:30

SimeonC wrote on 12/18/13 at 17:29:10:
Yeah I seen it on the news too... But the killer with me and EBT is the things u can actually purchase with EBT like cases of Soda, Candy, Beef jerky, and in some smaller places even beer!!!! its ridiculous....

100% agreed!!!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
SSG
YaBB Newbies

Keep Calm and Chive
On!!!

Ft. Bragg
Reply #7 - 12/29/13 at 16:15:30

The worst part was after they fixed it and the next person in line thought it was owed to them. Some even left the store with their unpaid food because the system was fixed and they did get to take advantage of the mishap.

96 bobber, raptor petcock, cone filter, 14k miles,
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #8 - 12/30/13 at 11:00:37

SSG wrote on 12/29/13 at 16:15:30:
The worst part was after they fixed it and the next person in line thought it was owed to them. Some even left the store with their unpaid food because the system was fixed and they did get to take advantage of the mishap.

the word your looking for is ...... stolen

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #9 - 12/30/13 at 11:10:05

...when the people's manners have become corrupt...Thomas Jefferson talking about the end of a free Republic.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 14:20:36

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › EBT cards and Walmart

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.