Send Topic Print
Dies at high speed. (Read 242 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Dies at high speed.
Reply #15 - 10/15/13 at 19:03:54

Its not time to be tearing things apart.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
marioivargas

Los Angeles
Reply #16 - 10/21/13 at 14:49:32

I didn't have the tools or space to take care of the bike myself as it also needed a new back tire and breaks so I took it to a bike shop for repairs.

They cleaned out the carburetor and put a new gas filter on.

They also recommended a new clutch as the old one was worn down.  The bike has 19,000 miles on it so I guess that might make sense.

At this point the bike runs really well and the clutch catches the torque extremely well but I it has a lot more back fire coming out of the Dyna muffler then before.  Could this be an idle or fuel mixture problem?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #17 - 10/21/13 at 17:23:30

Dont tell me you put brakes on the back,, please..

If it needed a clutch, someone didnt know how to use one,
Mite need to jet the carb if the Dyna is a new addition.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
marioivargas

Los Angeles
Reply #18 - 10/21/13 at 17:29:19

Well it is my first bike when I bought it a 4K.  It just catches a lot faster now.  

The Dyna has been on there for 6 season already.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #19 - 10/21/13 at 17:37:24

If it is backfiring more now than before you mite wanna ask them what they did to the carb..

IP Logged
marioivargas

Los Angeles
Reply #20 - 10/25/13 at 18:24:13

I did have the back breaks changed but that was my request since it was advised two years ago.  I had my suspicions on these guys when they had me pick up the bike.

First they told me to pick it up saturday but when I went monday the tech hadn't test drove it yet after doing the repairs.  I asked him to test drive it since that was his job.  If he survived I assumed I'd be fine.

When they turned the bike over they kept suggesting to change the engine gaskets and put a new muffler on it because it backfired a lot.  I told them I'd ride it for a while.

When I got home I cleaned the oil off and drove it around a while.  Everything runs fine except for the backfiring.  I remembered that since they changed the clutch they probably removed the Dyna muffler.

Low and behold I pit my hand near the joints and theres air blowing everywhere.

This shop is definitely not worthy of any respect or business.  They got the tire and breaks changed which was the main objective I couldn't do without a garage.  I'm going to fix the rest myself and just put a really crappy review on Yelp for them.  These guys were terrible.  And they wanted to screw me over for a new muffler and engine gaskets too.

They are called Al's Cycle Shop on Glendale Blvd. in Los Angeles.  These guys give honest mechanics a bad name.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #21 - 10/26/13 at 03:30:42

If you didnt get the old brakes handed to you, you didnt avtually see the shape theyre in, Its a rare thing to see them wear out,

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 10:14:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Dies at high speed.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.