Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Re: Repair.....
Reply #15 - 10/17/13 at 06:08:05

WebsterMark wrote on 10/15/13 at 09:41:24:
NRP -chose Romney and that was that

The NRP did not choose Paul because a libertarian can never be President of the United States. His "stick my head in the sand" approach to foreign affairs jeopardizes not only the US, but millions of others.

Now before all you Ron Paul people go ape$h!t on me, separate the issues first. You might have issues with the way foreign policy has been dispensed and I would agree with you in many cases. However, Ron Paul's ideas on foreign policy in general is to pretty much ignore things until trouble knocks on your (or some friend's) doorstep. Sorry, that works fine for Sweden, but not the US. Don't extrapolate mistakes made in Iran over the years as a justifiable reason to ignore Israel for example.

yes, we are the policemen of the world.

I would never take a position that the NRP choose only my candidate. They can choose whom-ever they like. BUT the state conventions that supposedly have voters then determine the finally candidate should be honest and meaningful. As it was they were a farce at least and a crime at most.
Lets make it clear, in the state of Mississippi, no voter had any impact at any level on who the republican candidate turned out to be ( even those FOR Romney).  At every level the "fix" was in, and the rules made sure that only NRP candidate could be nominated. Why even have a convention? Just throw another fund raiser and be done with it. Now if people of the state were told:"by the way, if you vote republican, then you have ZERO input who the party decides will be your nominee".  

It's only an illusion that the voters in MS had any say in who was nominated.  And that makes me mad .. and sad.  

As to Ron Pauls foreign policy. To be sure it is isolationist (in the extreme).  But it is his attempt to use the constitution as the primary litmus test for federal direction.
Question one is always:
Does the constitution explicitly grant me the power to (insert act here).
Other questions he asks are:
Is the sovernty and security of the nation at risk?
Is the act legal?

Of course, the primary sticking point seems to be Israel, for most people. I have no wish to see Israel, be hurt. But basically, the policy over time has been to just make them some kind of "sub territory", a military welfare state of the USA. There will never be peace in the middle east, as long as the USA funds for there not to be. Smarter brains have been working on this for longer than I have been alive, so I wont pretend to have the answers ( nor does RP). But then , continuing the current policy doesn't "fix" anything either.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 10/17/13 at 14:58:16

NO Pine, RP's foreign policy is NON Intervention, The media taught you "Isolationist"..HUGE difference

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #17 - 10/18/13 at 12:15:50

Whoever it was who proposed that the runner up in a presidential election should review history.  We did it that way early in our country's history.  I forget when we went to the concept of the presidential and VP candidates running together as a team.
The old way was chaotic, because the typical result was that the pres and the VP were of different parties, and the administration of the pres was handicapped with a VP of the opposite view.  No cooperation at all, and it often deadlocked the administration.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 10/18/13 at 12:47:31

No cooperation at all, and it often deadlocked the administration.

I can see the value in that.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #19 - 10/18/13 at 19:13:47

WebsterMark wrote on 10/17/13 at 04:36:50:
1) I know a great deal about him. I listened to him and based my decision on what he said. He's not qualified to be President because, like Obama, he fundamentally misunderstands the role the US plays in the world.

2) Ron Paul would have been embarrassed in a national election.

Ron Paul knows the role the US has plyed in the world better than any other candidate and he is well aware of what it has cost us.The role that the US has played in the world has bankrupted us, caused terrorism, the politicians have become more worried about foreign countries than US citizens, have caused millions and millions of innocent foreign citizens and US Troops to unnecessarily die, None of the wars during my lifetime were necesary The rest of the world hates us, over 60% of American citizens agree with me, , Ben Ghazi was nothing but a place to stockpile weapons and give them to rebels who hate us, I could go on and on. Romney lost and Paul would have to but at least Paul had an honest platform to stand on, he never beat around the bush, To my knowledge he never was caught in a lie while Romney was caught in several and if the Pubs dont adopt his way of thinking they're through. He was the only canditate that had a workable plan that would fix the budget. Anyone that cannot manage their own household has no business trying to run someone elses. There wasnt a vote, we decided we were the world police and we can also undecide. Your own party has already split up into two groups since the Tea Party came into existance and none of them have a clue. They dont care about the American people, all Rubuo wants is to leagalise illegals, Lying Ryan wants to starve Senior Citizens. We dont have the money to police or feed or take care of the rest of the world. Its gonna take drastic politics and someone who believes like Paul if we make it. Run a canditate who wants to close the borders, do away with Nafta, withdraw from the UN, shut down our embassy's, bring every soldier home, do away with Obamacare and create a workable cost effective insurance plan, rebuild the infrastucture, roads, bridges, concentrate on bigger and better education, keep lowering the crime rate, right now its the lowest its been in 42 years, wipe out the inner city gangs, send illegals back home, thats just a few and you'll get over 60% of the vote. Bush and Obama have proved beyond a shadow of a doubt they are the ones that dont have a clue or they are just plain crooks, probably a little bit of both.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #20 - 10/20/13 at 10:21:25

Jerry I'm not arguing with you but the states like NC you vote for lieutenant gov. and very often you end up with different parties.  I'm for a one party system anyway. The last few weeks should prove my point on that. I just read less than 23% were not happy with the gov. I believe thats the lowest I've seen it in my lifetime.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/02/24 at 22:03:34

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Repair.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.