Repair..... (Read 186 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Repair.....
10/10/13 at 20:03:17

Having read and talked to many different people about the state of our political affairs, etc, I have noticed one constant, all most all have complaints, but no solutions.....
Of course it echoes our political leaders MO, sad  Undecided

What I hope to do with this thread is to engage your thoughts on ideas that might help in getting us back to a more civil climate, for all.

One of the distinct differences about this country is that it truly is a melting pot of diversity like no other country has ever experienced....ever.

With that knowledge, we must continue to adjust and grow into a new political system...

What use to work, won't, as evidenced by the present.

A couple of ideas I have.......  Kiss

We have the ability to elect people to office by a popular vote. No more catering to states, cities, to garner their votes, every vote cast would stand on its own accord.

Do away with "parties".

Example: Presidential election, the person who gets the most popular vote becomes the president, runner up, is the vice president. Ditto for US senators, etc.

I believe this would remove the present allegiance to party first before welfare of the nation, state, etc, with the hope of the "middle ground" being the result of working compromise so more people get a equal piece of the legislative process/results.

Ok....lets hear some ideas folks  Grin  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Repair.....
Reply #1 - 10/10/13 at 20:16:03

Revolution.

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 10/10/13 at 20:40:47

Until we get rind of the UNELECTED influence of the CFR & trilaterals, etc, we are going nowhere. While the fed reserve exists, we go nowhere. Iceland did it right,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #3 - 10/10/13 at 22:59:27

Dawg I've already brought everything you said up, in fact I stated we've got to stop the dem versus pub crap.Both Bush and Obama have failed miserably. That means neither party works. I said to do away with the electoral college months ago and go by popular vote, I agreed with almost everything you said but I also added we should have the power to vote them out during their term leaving them with no retirement or benefits. The people have got to have more power to jerk their a$$es around and straighten them up. The sad thing is since the unlimited donation bill was passed the rich will decide who runs now. China could give enough money to one candidate to win. I believe if we quit trying to be Mr Biggy Pants and withdraw from overseas, embassy's, UN and all we might have a chance on controlling our debt and the terrorist. I believe our borders should be temporarily shut down until we get our own house in order. We had 80,000 troops in Japan stting on their asses collecting a paycheck and 60,000 in Germany. Those are the only two countries I've kept up with, I know there's a lot more.. Bring em home, keep em on standby and let them work on our infrastructure. To the ones that can afford it buy American. If you would spend 5% of your paycheck on Ameican made goods you could help create a million more American jobs. How much more does a Hanes T Shirt cost than one made in China. Be sure and check the labels.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #4 - 10/10/13 at 23:10:06

Revolution. Steve I hope it doesn't come to that but if it does so be it. I had rather fight than give into Obama or Congress. Neither one represents me or the majority, there are a few brave ones still holding out but with Obama's threats I don't know how much longer they can put off the king. One of tha Congressmen said in the last 10 days we are closer to a civil war since the last one. Obama is threatening Veterans and threatening not to mail out SS checks to the elderly. That shows how much he cares about our people and this country. Sorry about my rant, not really LMAO

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #5 - 10/10/13 at 23:11:16

Right on Jog. They hunted the crooked SOB's and locked them up.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #6 - 10/11/13 at 06:31:50

Paraquat wrote on 10/10/13 at 20:16:03:
Revolution.

--Steve

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Thomas Jefferson

We have a way to go before we reach that point. Most folks are not unhappy enough with the status quo yet. But I belive it's coming. And I do believe it's likely the only answer. To fix what's wrong with this country now requires elected leaders who are statesman and men of good will, and an informed, intellegent citizenry, to elect such men. We have neither.

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #7 - 10/11/13 at 07:13:09

I guess I am a bit more pragmatic.. but if I could be dictator for a day:

Federal government could only fund project via the state. That is to say, they could not refuse to give road and bridge money to a state that didn't fund Medicare. The only thing the feds could would be to send the money to the state. The state could decide the fate of the money period.  This is actually pretty strong medicine, and would give the states just a tad back of the power they once had.

I would not "out law" parties, but I would level the playing field. I would get rid of any law that supported any party, or existing parties over new parties. I would outlaw "war chests". I would put term limits on senators.

I would redefine "war" as physical manifestation of either defending attacking a country. Not using "war on drugs" and "war on terror" to keep the country in a war-time condition forever.  I would reduce the size of our military to no more than twice the size of the next largest military (unless during time of war as redefined).  This would require shutting down many bases.

I would require any "agency" regulation to be review by congress, and approved. The regulation would be valid for 3 years only. It then must be approved again. No agency could have over 200 regulations. Agency regulations would have to be enforced by the agency and their budget. If they cannot afford to enforce the regulation, the regulation dies. No regulation would be above the constitution, or any national law. All regulations must cover the entire continent.

I would return the US to a commodity based economy. This is actually VERY harsh. The commodity may or may not be gold, but it sure wouldn't be oil (as it is now).

I would terminate NAFTA.
I would require all imports be (first) owned by an importer. Grey market goods, outright illegal items would be a crime by the importer. Offshore tax dodging importers would be shot.

I would not allow ANY "special" privilege's for immigrants. You want to come work here, fine.. great!. But, you do just like every other citizen does. No subsidized fishing boats, no tax breaks because you are bringing in a million dollars with you. I would end "anchor baby mommas". The kids stays, but the parents leave. The parents lose all rights to the child (as they are criminals), or they can take the child back with them, and child loses citizenship. They don't get it both ways.  

I would end any process where-by taxpayer money is sent to other countries to buy their co-operation/friendship.

Cool

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #8 - 10/11/13 at 09:49:58

1st I'd make them responsible for a balanced budget.
If they spend more than they got, it comes outta there paycheck.
Then I'd do away with the pension system, they gotta provide there own just like me.
And I'd do away with term limits, just as they learn to do the job they are forced out.  and the ones with connections go try their hand in another branch.

WWW   IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #9 - 10/13/13 at 16:13:34

Versy I agree but that will never happen. They have always taken it out of our paychecks and always will unless we have a revolution. We've dug ourselves into a hole we'll never get out of. If you have grandchildren like me they're already $200,000 in debt. The dollar is going to crash and I believe it will be soon.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #10 - 10/14/13 at 15:09:29

Pine you sound a lot like Ron Paul, how come hardly anyone voted for him and the Pubs and the media wouldn't give him a chance to speak?

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #11 - 10/15/13 at 06:41:46

Midnightrider wrote on 10/14/13 at 15:09:29:
Pine you sound a lot like Ron Paul, how come hardly anyone voted for him and the Pubs and the media wouldn't give him a chance to speak?

I was a Ron Paul supporter. As to why "hardly anyone" voted for him.  I know for a fact that in our state, the republican party, basically had to resort to illegal tactics to remove any chance of him or any other candidate to be nominated. I was there and I participated at the district, county, and state levels ( well I was not allowed to go in the state convention).   As far as I am concerned, Mitt "bought" the MS nomination. Given the speech that followed the nomination, I am pretty sure I know exactly what the plan was. Secure the nomination by any means needed, then make attempt to bring back the excluded and crushed  voters, by saying " we know we screwed you, but really its all about beating Obama". ( that really is nearly a quote from the county convention that I attended)
As we saw that plan failed utterly, and the high dollar crooks that stole the nomination, were completely taken aback. Many very rich folks in my state lost tons of money, as they planned on a Mitt win to get back on their investment.  In the mean time, the republican party have now made ENEMIES of those they screwed. Its beyond, turning them democrat.. its what can I do to destroy this party, type anger.

PS: Ron Paul, would have gotten a much higher percentage of the nomination, except for the very dirty, very rotten crap the republican party pulled.  NRP -chose Romney and that was that. All the conventions in every state was a show... not real. No other nominee had a chance, no matter public opinion, no matter how the voters voted.

What didn't you know... a party is a private concern. They make all their rules. And you thought voters decided anything!!!  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 10/15/13 at 09:41:24

NRP -chose Romney and that was that

The NRP did not choose Paul because a libertarian can never be President of the United States. His "stick my head in the sand" approach to foreign affairs jeopardizes not only the US, but millions of others.

Now before all you Ron Paul people go ape$h!t on me, separate the issues first. You might have issues with the way foreign policy has been dispensed and I would agree with you in many cases. However, Ron Paul's ideas on foreign policy in general is to pretty much ignore things until trouble knocks on your (or some friend's) doorstep. Sorry, that works fine for Sweden, but not the US. Don't extrapolate mistakes made in Iran over the years as a justifiable reason to ignore Israel for example.

yes, we are the policemen of the world.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #13 - 10/16/13 at 02:47:10

WebsterMark wrote on 10/15/13 at 09:41:24:
NRP -chose Romney and that was that

The NRP did not choose Paul because a libertarian can never be President of the United States. His "stick my head in the sand" approach to foreign affairs jeopardizes not only the US, but millions of others.

Now before all you Ron Paul people go ape$h!t on me, separate the issues first. You might have issues with the way foreign policy has been dispensed and I would agree with you in many cases. However, Ron Paul's ideas on foreign policy in general is to pretty much ignore things until trouble knocks on your (or some friend's) doorstep. Sorry, that works fine for Sweden, but not the US. Don't extrapolate mistakes made in Iran over the years as a justifiable reason to ignore Israel for example.

Our city has cops, the people pay them
the county has cops, the people pay them
WHO is paying US to police the world?
Youre also wrong about a "Head in the sand" approach. He would counter threats, but he wouldnt be the cop. YOU really dont know much about him except what the media, who were bent on destroying him, want you to know,
If the Bubs really wanted to beat Bammy, all they had to do was unite behind ron paul,No, the game is to hand the ball to bammy. The globalists run the whole darned game,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 10/17/13 at 04:36:50

1) I know a great deal about him. I listened to him and based my decision on what he said. He's not qualified to be President because, like Obama, he fundamentally misunderstands the role the US plays in the world.

2) Ron Paul would have been embarrassed in a national election.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/02/24 at 22:20:40

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Repair.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.