Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Govt. shutdown and vet/ret pay, soc/disab pay (Read 148 times)
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Govt. shutdown and vet/ret pay, soc/disab pay
10/09/13 at 09:12:54

So guys and gals, its getting closer to home now.... I am a retired veteran 23ys. 10mos. and I part of it is disability pay. I am reading and hearing on news channels that some of the payments will not go to the bank at the end of Oct.
So my question is....who else is going to be affected and how.

I am also disabled and receiving soc. disability (soon to stop I hope, I'm getting healthier, but not yet ready for the work force) and hear that my payment on that will stop also... so whats a guy to do?

I hear that HUD is giving out "promisary notes" for disabled vets so they can pay their bills, I might have to go that route if it doesn't show up at the end of this month.

So I guess what i'm saying at the moment is...I'll be completely broke and will not be able to pay anyone if this continues, hope no one else is in this boat.
I will be able to survive for about 3 or 4 months, then the savings will be extinguished and I'll be selling all my stuff to survive.

I love this country and stood to defend it and would do so again, but why are our leaders do this to us?

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Govt. shutdown and vet/ret pay, soc/disab pay
Reply #1 - 10/09/13 at 09:35:11

Well Old Rider

I'm in the boat with ya !  Smiley

32 years federal civil service , medical retired .  

Goverment is stil giving aid world-wide ?    Angry

I understand the park service just bought locks for all the "Out-Houses" allong the Apalation trail , so there must be money out there somewhere !  Undecided

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #2 - 10/09/13 at 10:35:13

Sorry to hear that, man.  Seems I heard a blurb this morning that they are trying to rush through provisions for vets.  That's great for you guys and I hope for your sake it happens.  But they just need to get the sticks out of the arses and do what's right for everyone!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #3 - 10/09/13 at 10:48:57

I sure hate to hear that Old_fella. So far, my wife and I are state employees. My daughter does get federal school loans, that will start hurting in December/January, when the new term starts.

other than that, the Federal website that I use to report our data is down. I have other work I can do, but I guess to an extent, my employer might could say that I need to back off to part time!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 10/09/13 at 14:09:29

Secede, declare yourself a foreign country, apply for foreign aid,.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #5 - 10/09/13 at 18:31:29

I receive monthly reports from dfas which states I will receive my payments, but seen a news report on TV today that had a senator saying some vets will loose some benefits, they just didn't state which vets or which benefits.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #6 - 10/09/13 at 18:44:25

Kind of scary since I receive VA Disability Compensation and Social Security Disability. Closing parks and monuments that don't require to have staff is ridiculous, as is sending money to other countries.

As far as I'm concerned, ALL of the politicians are to blame. They need to pull their heads out of their fourth point of contact and do whats right for once.

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #7 - 10/09/13 at 19:14:02

12Bravo wrote on 10/09/13 at 18:44:25:
Closing parks and monuments that don't require to have staff is ridiculous, as is sending money to other countries.

And closing parks that run with private money and volunteers is vindictive.

WWW   IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #8 - 10/09/13 at 19:56:54

That is not good, my wife is on soc/disability and it is the only income we have at the moment.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #9 - 10/09/13 at 20:06:47

What really pi#&es me off is that while they play these games with retirement systems(and it is a game....of using the "emotional" factor)there are literally thousands of Congressional aides,"payback" jobs and who knows what other positions where the lazy parasites sit on their "well padded arses" and continue to draw their pay for doing NOT A darn THING. It's well past the time to trim off the fat.....Staring at the bone and working out!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #10 - 10/10/13 at 22:56:52

I think i'll call the florida state representatives office and ask how can we do we go about turning in all the Political Terrorists we have in office now?
After all, it is terrorizing all the vets and senior citizens is it not? Isn't that what terrorists do? Use damaging scare tacticts to get their points across?

I say now STOP POLITICAL TERRORISTS, call in the National Security Assoc. and put them all behind bars!

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #11 - 10/11/13 at 00:05:13

OR that will never happen with them running the show. We need one more bill added to the Bill OF Rights. We need the authority by state voting to kick them out during their term leaving with no retirement or benefits. We need to give the people more power since they no longer represent us. How to get it through, I don't know unless we threaten not to vote for them next election.  Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren might introduce the bill. If the president puts his hand on the Bible and boldface lies he needs to be eligible for unemployment also.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #12 - 10/13/13 at 17:19:43

12Bravo wrote on 10/09/13 at 18:44:25:
Kind of scary since I receive VA Disability Compensation and Social Security Disability. Closing parks and monuments that don't require to have staff is ridiculous, as is sending money to other countries.

As far as I'm concerned, ALL of the politicians are to blame. They need to pull their heads out of their fourth point of contact and do whats right for once.

I'm in the same boat as you. And the water is looking a little choppier each day.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #13 - 10/14/13 at 11:28:18

+1, had to go out on disability when I was 55. He's pissed the Vets off, now he's threatening the seniors and disabled. He's a real leader   Angry

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 10/15/13 at 09:13:27

I haven't noticed any difference since the government has been shut down.
Are my taxes pro-rated?

Like, how if there's a storm and I lose cable TV for a week... Comcast prorates my bill for the week I wasn't able to watch TV.

Edit: Why am I still paying sales tax? A portion of that goes to the feds, no? Isn't the office that collects it closed?

Edit again: Isn't the reason for the high cost of gasoline because of the steep federal tax on it? And cigs?

--Steve

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/05/24 at 05:00:37

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Govt. shutdown and vet/ret pay, soc/disab pay

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.