Kinda frustrating..... (Read 119 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Kinda frustrating.....
10/04/13 at 20:45:47

Keep trying to buy a used dyna on ebay, but I get out bid, arg. Seems one seller has quite a stake in them and is asking 40 bucks and up, gee.
Oh well, I guess fishing is called fishing cuz you don't always catch them, or it would be called catching  Embarrassed

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Re: Kinda frustrating.....
Reply #1 - 10/04/13 at 21:31:36

Keep trying! I got a pair of them for $30 and $10 shipping. Wife's is already installed and I'm trying to get me a savage to I can add one to the one I get!

If you have a Harley dealer nearby go ask if they have "used" pipes on the rack in the back.
Ask at the parts dept. desk, not at the sales desk. Tell them what you want and maybe they can come up with one, or maybe one of the mechanics has a spare at the house.
Either way, you will get to talk with someone who likes to turn wrenches on a bike and maybe just maybe you might find someone with an extra.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 10/04/13 at 21:33:48

Call the Hardley shop, ask about take offs,,call around to Hardley repair shops, customisers, etc..

Pretend the innerwebs hadnt been invented yet,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 10/04/13 at 22:56:24

The Hardley Boutique here is manned by snobby, fartheads... (I hope they don't recognize me here)...
They won't sell or give a take-off to nobody.... (they say it's a legal liability... Phffft!...)...

Find a Harley dude, parting out on craigslist... offer him $10...
He can't sell it to anybody else.... (just offer $10, leave him your number,  and say,..."If you don't find another buyer, give me a call)...
He'll call...  or he'll be stuck with his garage art...
Stock muffs are less than worthless to Harley guys... Grin...

My Sporty is twice as quiet as my Shorty equipped Savage,... and I love it...
I'm gonna' be the only Harley rider in Tucson with stock quiet mufflers...
...(I always like to be different)...  Grin Grin Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #4 - 10/05/13 at 02:44:56

If I ever get another bike it would be a Triumph or an 883. I think Sportsters are the best looking bikes Harley ever made. I have no problem with big motorcycles, Ive had several all the way up to a Gold Wing. But the big Harleys just don't do anything for me aesthetically. The Sporster just trips my trigger and at my age I don't care for all the racket. I know what they sound like loud and you cant really hear the loud racket riding it as well as your neighbors can when you come riding in at midnight. The little 883 has all the power I need at my age. Congrats on a great looking bike Bot and I think you're wise to leave it stock. If you ever need more power Supertrapps aren't that loud but if you adjust them right they'll give you more power and less weight, by that I mean really lightning your wallet. I put one on my Savage and I adjusted it with the disc, didn't have to rejet it except for the jet with the brass plate. It gave me a few more HP and didn't offend my neighbors. I'm looking at a travel trailer right now for the grandkids but if I'm ever able to ride again I'll be at the Harley dealership arguing over an 883. I always wanted a red one and get someone to paint the dollar pyramid on the gas tank like Bronsons was if you're old enough to remember that show.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 10/05/13 at 06:55:19

Here is one newly listed on Ebay "Harley Davidson FXD/FXS Dyna Softail 1450 Exhaust Muffler 65413-00 Like new" at a non-bid price of $20.  But it looks like it might have a cross over port.  A plug could be welded into that.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #6 - 10/05/13 at 10:43:26

raydawg wrote on 10/04/13 at 20:45:47:
... I get out bid, arg....
I make just one bid, up to what I am willing to pay, 2 seconds before close of bidding.

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 10/05/13 at 11:18:33

Paladin. wrote on 10/05/13 at 10:43:26:
I make just one bid, up to what I am willing to pay, 2 seconds before close of bidding.

If you're going to try what Paladin suggests,... a last second bid, give yourself about 10 seconds... because there is often a re-direct to another page that asks you to confirm your bid...
If you don't make it to the confirmation in time, you lose... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #8 - 10/05/13 at 13:49:09

Post an ad on Craigslist that you are looking for some DYNA take off mufflers.  I did that and I got a call from a fellow that had a pair with only 300 miles on them.  Another fellow had a stack of them for $ 15 each.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #9 - 10/06/13 at 05:05:24

If you want to place a bid in the last few seconds, something like hammersnipe.com works real well.  Up to 3 auctions a week are free.  Any more than that, you have to pay a subscription.  
It will automatically bid what you specify in the last 5 to 7 seconds of the auction.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 10/06/13 at 10:20:45

Id just call around town & if theres a town close by, there too,,avoid freight, see it before ya buy it,,30 minutes & youll either have it or know its an online hunt,.

If you call someone who cant help, ask if they have an idea who could..
I ran a warehouse & spent hours a day sourcing materials. I got good at it,

Motorcycle Repair near Longview TX
(Change Location)

1Kenny's Cycle
   (2) -
       Info
   local.yahoo.comOpenstomorrow at 10 AM
   (903) 295-2000 -
       2350 W Marshall Ave, Longview, TX
   2Rustys Scooter Shop
   (2) -
       Info
   local.yahoo.com
   (903) 295-9181 -
       2701 W Marshall Ave, Longview, TX
   3Lumpkin Motorsports...
   (1) -
       Info
   local.yahoo.com
   (903) 236-7756 -
       220 W Tyler St, Longview, TX
   4NE Texas Motorcycles -...
   -
       Info
   netexasmotorcycles.com
   (903) 932-0365 -
       701 Glencrest Ln, Longview, TX
   5Just Bikes - Service,...
   (1) -
       Info
   local.yahoo.com
   (903) 212-2453 -
       2609 W Marshall Ave, Longview, TX
***************************************************************************LOOKA
THAR!!  25 More,, ILl bet I could have one in under 20 minutes..Id call someone who would know where to call next..
25 More Local Results...

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 09:28:21

General CategoryThe Cafe › Kinda frustrating.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.