Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Government auditing small business. (Read 53 times)
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Government auditing small business.
10/03/13 at 11:56:11

Another personal tale of how government costs itself so much money, and why complying with all of the ACA regulations will drive insurance premiums thru the roof.

Two years ago our law firm had a Workers' Compensation audit.  Ohio is a "state" fund system where the state acts as the insurer.  A very nice lady sent me a letter and questionnaire - took 1 hour of my time to complete it.  Then, she comes to our place, we set her up in a vacant work area, and she is here for the better part of 2 days, going over our payroll records.  She is cordial and polite, and stays out of our way.  Result - we got back about $200 in refund of over paid premium.  The State sure bit it on that one.  The lady earns about $45,000 per year (public salaries are public record) so in addition to the refund, the state ate her time.

Now, this week, 2 years later than the W.C. audit, we get another audit for Unemployment tax contributions.  Same drill - lengthy questionnaire that takes me an hour to fill out.  Another very nice and cordial lady shows up, goes thru the same payroll records, albeit for a different purpose, and sits in the same work area.  She is here for two days, and she earns about the same salary.  Guess what - we screwed up, and the audit found that we underpaid unemployment tax by a whopping $26.  I wrote her a check, thanked her for her professionalism, and bit her good day.

What a goat rope waste of the State's money.  Wait till insurance companies have to go thru this kind of crap with ACA, and they have to recoup that admin cost from you and from me thru increased premiums.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Government auditing small business.
Reply #1 - 10/03/13 at 12:36:11

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 10/03/13 at 11:56:11:
I wrote her a check, thanked her for her professionalism, and bit her good day.

was the bite a bonus?

WWW   IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #2 - 10/03/13 at 13:19:03

How about "bid her good day "?

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #3 - 10/03/13 at 13:32:20

Jerry you're just now experiencing the very tip of the iceberg.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 10/04/13 at 09:30:02

There's a guy on the Volusia forum who posted a break down of his new costs.
I'll see if I can't find it.

--Steve

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 10/04/13 at 09:31:14

[QUOTE=Skrapiron;2628145]It has taken me the better part of the morning to finally get through to register at Healthcare.gov and find out what my premiums for next year will be. And the results? Well, I have to ask a question of Okie first. How do you like your crow? Boiled? Baked? Fried? Or with a slice of Humble Pie?

I entered all of our information, including our MAGI (total household income, including wages, bonuses, interest and dividends) on the application. It then took me to the market place. The results are

Bronze: $5863.00/yr ($488.58 per month). Bronze level coverage includes 60/40 split with a $5000 deductible for all medical expenses, a $500 deductible for medication and an out of pocket maximum of $12700 for the family. ZERO subsidy for the purchase as the premium only represents 7.75% of the household income.
Silver: $6957.00/yr ($579.75 per month) Silver level coverage includes a 70/30 split with a $4000 deductible for all medical expenses, a $500 deductible for medication and an out of pocket maximum of $12700 for the family. Again, ZERO subsidy for the purchase as the premium represents 8.78% of the household income.
Gold: $9455/yr ($787.91 per month). Gold level coverage includes an 80/20 split with s $2000 deductible and a $250 deductible for medications. It still retains the $12700 out of pocket maximum of all the other plans. I still DO NOT qualify for a subsidy since the cost of the premiums is 11.91% of my household income (below the 12% threshold)
Platinum: $12,485 ($1040.41 per month) Platinum level coverage includes a 90/10 split with no deductibles but retains the $12700 out of pocket maximum. This is the ONE AND ONLY plan which I qualify for a subsidy, as the premium represents 15.7% of my income. The subsidy will reduce my monthly premium from $1040.41 to $833.75.

So when it is all said and done, the plans offered through Obamacare will cost between 90% and 400% more than what I am currently paying for coverage and will (except for the platinum plan) cover less than what I already have.

So, there are the facts as they are. The estimates provided by the Kaiser foundation were actually LOWER than what the actual costs are.

Obamacare is for real. It is a bigger scam than we first feared. Now, the people who can least afford it (the middle class) will be forced to bear the burden of this nightmare. Thanks President Obama. You've really made my day!!! [/quote]

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 10/04/13 at 09:48:10

It is a bigger scam than we first feared.

Well,, bad as I thot itd be,, youre right, its worse than even I thot,,

BUT,, the downside will just be "Unintended consequences"..coff, coff

NOO,, the consequences are the desired events. We are being BROKEN.
Its meant to finish off the economy.  Look at what Bryzinski said. The Globalists are in trouble. Poverty stricken people are  controllable. They dont have the time to be politically active.. Too busy trying to keep from starving,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #7 - 10/04/13 at 10:27:16

Amen!!!!!!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #8 - 10/04/13 at 10:30:54

Skrapiron used to be on this forum back 4 or 5 years ago, when he had a Savage.  I wish he were still participating with us.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #9 - 10/04/13 at 14:41:28

The end game?

"Let’s pretend it’s ten years from now and Obamacare is fully in place and there’s a legitimate fight over spending and taxing…and there’s a government shutdown… Do you know what a president like Obama would do? He’d start cutting off your health care to force you to capitulate to his demands. "– Mark Levin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 10/04/13 at 21:23:34

& Mark would be correct.. Not to single the criminal in chief of today out,,

Whats coming is 100% tyranny,, R or D,, wont matter. Both sides answer to the same bosses,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/05/24 at 05:46:21

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Government auditing small business.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.