Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Re: WW II Honor Flights
Reply #15 - 10/08/13 at 09:10:20

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 10/08/13 at 07:58:38:
Once more, I get sick at all of this talk of every politician being crooked.  Nothing could be farther from the truth.  Sure, a few bozos have gone to jail, but so have members of every other occupation.

Maybe the days of the 2 party system are waning.  To me, it makes far more sense to have 3 parties - one far right wing like the Tea Party, one centrist party, probably made up of most current Republicans and some current Dems, and there a Liberal party, made up of the left wingers.

Then the people have a much clearer choice.  But for it to work, you'd need to amend some election laws to provide that the candidate who gets the most votes is the winner, even if less than 51%.  Then of course, you have an elected official who didn't get a majority of the voters behind him, but Europe has functioned this way for a longtime.

Sorry Jerry, didn't mean to pollute your thread with so much negativity. However, I didn't say that any of the politicians were crooked. Crooked would be easy to spot and weed out. No, they are not crooked, they are beholden.... to a party.  They are playing party politics to support the future election of themselves or other party members solely for the benefit of themselves or those party members. Unless you honestly think there is a good reason that benefits the PEOPLE of the US with a government shut-down?  Who is benefitting? political parties - anyone else?? Not that I can think of...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/26/24 at 08:07:44

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › WW II Honor Flights

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.