Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
SUV Chased by Bikers... (Read 426 times)
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Re: SUV Chased by Bikers...
Reply #15 - 10/01/13 at 12:30:55

verslagen1 wrote on 10/01/13 at 11:31:07:
1st mistake was running after the 1st hit.
after that, he was hit&run and deserves their anger.
He should have stayed in his car dialing 911, he should of been ok.
and if they started slamming his car he would of been justified in running after.  using his car as a deadly weapon in self defense.

News story says they were banging his suv already after the first hit, and folks had gotten off their bikes and were denting his suv.....sounds like self defense to me. If I were in a vehicle and a crowd of hollagans were making fools of themselves and endangering drivers I would call 911 also. It would be good to get hold of the 911 call the suv driver made and see what was up.

I sure as hell wouldn't stay around if 20 or so folks were already off their bikes and banging on my vehicle, i'd floor it like he did, says only the first rider was hurt, broke his leg, looks like he deserved it tho, speeding up and then slowing down drastically fast to make the suv bump him or stop, me, if I am in a unruly crowd, i'd signal over to the right lane and not stop for anything.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #16 - 10/01/13 at 13:24:44

So....I hope some of these guys have learned that using a 400 pound motorcycle to play bumper cars against a 5,000 pound SUV isn't a good idea!  The SUV's aren't as agile as a bike, and they don't tip over very easily, and they can shmuush several bikes in a heartbeat!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Stones

Married to a Texan

United Kingdom
Reply #17 - 10/01/13 at 13:37:31

That has to be one of the worst adverts for bikers ive ever seen  Sad

Glad most of us are decent people.

ALLIANCE MEMBER
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #18 - 10/01/13 at 18:28:44

Stones, think London's Paki gangs and you have your average North American street stunt bike rider.  Who has the intelligence of a goldfish, the attention span of a gnat, and less training than a chimp on a tricycle.

Most of the local (Memphis TN area) street stunters are ghetto rats. Bikes bought with drug money after being run through a chop shop. The black bike clubs around here do absolutely NOTHING to foster relations between the riding community and the general public. Doesn't matter if it is sport bikes, stunt bikes, Harley Davidson or metric cruisers.

Part of the great American underbelly. You're going to "love" living stateside... at least Texas lets you snuff them. They are a protected species in Shelby County TN, better known as the "soiled nappy of the South"... Seriously, words can not describe what a festering cesspool of greed, sloth, indifference and pestilence constitutes the general make up of the city of Memphis.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #19 - 10/01/13 at 22:22:55

NightLine news reported on the incident, the guy that slowed down too quickly ended up with a broken leg. Another rider who was trying to pull the broken leg guy out from under the suv got run over when the suv driver bolted and ended up with his spine broken in two places (folks started pounding on the suv and slashed the tires so he wouldn't move, the driver freaked thinking he was being attacked and feared for the lives of his family)

Its crappy all around, we as drivers would hope the first thing was an accident and misunderstanding between the biker and driver, the biker was probably trying to make the suv slow down so his buds could safely perform some stunts, but when he slowed down, it was too fast, and all hell broke loose from there on.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #20 - 10/01/13 at 23:38:22

I'm on west coast time... just in time to catch Nightline...
Thanks OR... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #21 - 10/02/13 at 05:59:14

old_rider wrote on 10/01/13 at 22:22:55:
the biker was probably trying to make the suv slow down so his buds could safely perform some stunts, but when he slowed down, it was too fast, and all hell broke loose from there on.

Well that could be a believable explanation of why the rider has focused on that SUV....it did appear to be the only 4 wheeled vehicle in that lump of bikes.  I still don't support the bikers attempt to dominate and rule the highway for stunting.........and this is a perfect examble of why the Law Enforcement agency has a right to require license plates to be in plain sight.  Most of the bikes have plates that can't be seen in the videos, and they can't be identified.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #22 - 10/02/13 at 07:02:58

I think WD's take on this is correct. These guys are hooligians plain and simple. The guy in the car is blameless IMO.

Heard on this morning's news that the family of the kid with the spine injury is already raising hell. I'm sure the lawyer sharks are circiling. Soon as they smell some blood in the water they swim up from the sewers.

Even though the guy in the car was completley justified in reacting the way he did, he's going to get screwed.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #23 - 10/02/13 at 07:11:18

oldNslow wrote on 10/02/13 at 07:02:58:
Even though the guy in the car was completley justified in reacting the way he did, he's going to get screwed.

I am afraid you are right.  Even if the Police don't find anything wrong, there is always the ability for people to sue privately.  The sad thing is that it will cost them nothing to sue as the attorney's will do it in hopes of sharing a big settlement.....while the defendant (or his insurance) will have to pay money to defend themselves.  Often the insurance companies settle just to avoid the big legal costs.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #24 - 10/02/13 at 08:48:22

From the NY Post:

Quote:
Cops have gotten photos of hundreds of license plates from bridge and tunnel cameras and are trying to identify more of the bikers, who first swarmed Lien, his wife and child on the West Side Highway in Harlem Sunday about 1:30 p.m.
But many of the plates are stolen or belong on different bikes, making it tougher to ID the motorcyclists

Looks like WD called this one too..,

Quote:
...street stunters are ghetto rats. Bikes bought with drug money after being run through a chop shop...

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #25 - 10/02/13 at 09:43:30

This is the point where I think of all the SWAT teams that go to the wrong addresses, harrasing people whose grass is too long or are just really delivering the mail. All these paramilitary government assault teams, the raid on a no-kill animal shelter because they had a baby deer, the raid by all those different agencies on a tiny gold mining operation in Alaska just to look around.

And here on a U.S. freeway are gangs of criminals terrorizing the public at will!!! A town of 7,000 just got a $680,000 MRAP decommissioned from Afganistan but people are being terrorized on the freeway in the middle of the day.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #26 - 10/02/13 at 09:51:55

Sopoo,, whats yer point Dane? YOu think resources are being misdirected? Maybe?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
dirty dog

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Portsmouth Ohio
Reply #27 - 10/02/13 at 17:17:53

I heard the suv cut them off. and then ran his mouth to them.the news people called them a biker gang they were not a gang or an motorcycle club I only saw one rag it makes all bikers look bad.
the suv should be glad it was not a M/C he would not have ran over
the bikers they would have held him there untill the popo showed up.
lol ha ha ha ha lol just say-n Wink

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #28 - 10/02/13 at 21:20:44

The video doesnt show him Cutting them off. He was in one lane, going slower than they were. They overtook him,,how could he have cut them off? Would anyone cut off a rider in a herd like that? I wouldnt,,

(NEWSER) – Police have arrested two of the bikers they believe took part in a chaotic road rage incident Sunday. Twenty-eight-year-old Christopher Cruz and 42-year-old Allen Edwards are thought to be just two of the more than 30 bikers who chased a Range Rover down a New York City highway and violently assaulted the driver after the SUV accidentally bumped into one of the motorcycle’s back wheels. Newsy reports:

Read more: http://www.woai.com/articles/national-news-104668/2-bikers-arrested-in-crazy-...

& Then

Posted Wednesday, October 2nd 2013 @ 3pm

There will be no charges against a second New York biker questioned over a weekend road rage battle.  Police say Allen Edwards was held overnight, but is being released.  Fellow biker Christopher Cruz is facing several counts.   Cruz is suspected of slowing down his motorcycle and causing SUV driver Alexian Lien to hit him.  Lien was beaten in front of his family by members of the motorcycle gang, after taking off and running over another biker.

Family members of 32-year-old Edwin Mieses, the motorcyclist who was run down, are demanding Lien be charged.  Mieses remains hospitalized in a coma with serious injuries.

Read more: http://www.woai.com/articles/national-news-104668/listen-family-of-victims-in...

Family members of 32-year-old Edwin Mieses, the motorcyclist who was run down, are demanding Lien be charged.

Either they havent seen the video or they somehow believe that pulling in front of someone so close the person they passed is,By definition,  tailgating, following too close  to react in a timely manner, then slowing down makes the collision the drivers fault. Its that kinda cheap people who have made America the mess it is. The guy on the bike caused the wreck,,

Mieses remains hospitalized in a coma with serious injuries.

PLay stupid games, win stupid prizes.. Sad, yes,, but dang,, he went Kamikaze on an suv,, what did he think was coming?

That said, I hope he wakes up &realizes what kinda shape he is in & admits HE screwed up

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #29 - 10/02/13 at 21:42:13

kind of confusing but I believe Mieses was the 2nd biker run down when they stopped him after the 1st collision and he sped away.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 15:26:31

General CategoryThe Cafe › SUV Chased by Bikers...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.