Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
SUV Chased by Bikers... (Read 426 times)
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
SUV Chased by Bikers...
09/30/13 at 15:21:34

Just saw this story on MSN...makes me sick to my stomach to read about it and watch the video.  Sad

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09/30/20759574-caught-on-video-father-wi...

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
HondaLavis

It's nothing
personal; the other
one came first.

Plano, TX
Re: SUV Chased by Bikers...
Reply #1 - 09/30/13 at 15:43:04

Yeah, I saw it shared by another guy on Facebook earlier, then I watched it on LiveLeak.  I wonder how he ended up in the middle of their group: did they try to go around him and then slowed down, or did he try to drive through their group and that's why they tried to stop him.  If he was paying attention, he wouldn't have hit the first guy, but what the bikers did was a bit much to say the least.  Had the RangeRover tried to plow through the middle of the group and intentionally run them all over, maybe they would have been justified, but as it is...

"You ride a single cylinder motorcycle??"

"When you're good, one is all you need." Wink

I guess that means I'm no good anymore; I've got 4 more cylinders! '08 Yamaha FJR1300 and still '01 Savage
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 09/30/13 at 15:56:57

Nice of them to incriminate themselves by shooting video...

They should all be sentenced to 5 years on restricted mopeds...
... the car bashers should do time...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #3 - 09/30/13 at 16:03:08

Yea makes me sick too EJID.  As Serow pointed out I hope they shot themselves in the foot by posting the vid up, maybe the authorities can identify some of them via their tags.  It's a pet peeve of mine seeing groups of hooligans riding through traffic doing stunts and driving recklessly putting themselves and innocent people in danger for no other reason then for the thrill of it  Angry

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 09/30/13 at 18:57:06

More I think about it,.. the more I think that guy should have run them all over...
... bunch a' squid punks...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #5 - 09/30/13 at 19:25:19

Makes me wonder, how many were only going after
the suv due to say, "following the leader"
Shows me that again the stupidity of some make it
hard on the rest of us.
Their lucky the suv driver didn't seem to have a gun.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 09/30/13 at 21:02:58

Looked to me like the bikes overtook the SUV & the guy who9 got run over hollered something at the driver, then pulled in front real close & slowed down,, TOO BAD,, he got run over,, I feel nothing for that fool.,
The driver is blameless as far as Im concerned & coulda run them all down & I woulda felt nothing,,buncha jerks,,
Thats Mob Mentality in action, Run with crowds, wind u0p in it,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #7 - 10/01/13 at 09:13:33

Not enough video leading up to the event to know what happened.  The SUV driver may have done something as simple as driving 5 mph below the speed limit in a center lane......and that caused the first guy to confront him and get run over (The SUV driver may have been on cruise and not expecting someone to pull in front of him and slow down.....not sure....I have to go back and see if the bike slowed because the guy used his brakes....or just let off the throttle quickly).  At that point the Mob started their own enforcement......and the fellow reacted in fear for the safety of him and his family.  I am sure that I would want to be in the company of sane people and not a pack of angry testosterone filled youngsters......so trying to flee to safety seemed like a good choice at the time.

It will be interesting to see how this turns out, and who gets charged and prosecuted.  Not sure who is right.....but there certainly are no winners in this one.

NOTE:  I read on that website for the blinking brake light that operates based on deceleration (and not on the brake switch).....that motorcycles slow down far faster than cars when you let off the throttle, and people in cars may not know you are slowing down quickily if you only let of the throttle and don't touch your brakes.  A motorcycle rider can slow down far faster than a car when just coasting....and when you don't use brakes the car driver is not instanlty aware you are slowing down.    

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #8 - 10/01/13 at 09:39:09

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #9 - 10/01/13 at 10:13:46

Yea, I dint understand why he didnt slam it in reverse & mash some more of them,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #10 - 10/01/13 at 10:18:22

old_rider wrote on 10/01/13 at 09:39:09:

Good find old_rider I was wondering how it all ended up. I guess that first bump was what caused it. Either way, groups like this trying to take over the road in a mob type mentality give more bad rap to any bikers in general than receiving fans for their stunts. If they want to do stunts/perform they need to do that in the safety/confines of closed courses/private facilities - not on public roads.

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #11 - 10/01/13 at 10:41:24

Whenever Mobs take over.......I have little patience for the guilty.  Breaking shop windows, looting, burning cars......I just don't understand why we allow this to happen.  Sometimes it is just a sports game or holiday celebration that sets the mob into action.

If bikers want to take over Time Square so they can break the traffic rules and cause anarchy......"Book em Danno!"

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #12 - 10/01/13 at 11:31:07

1st mistake was running after the 1st hit.
after that, he was hit&run and deserves their anger.
He should have stayed in his car dialing 911, he should of been ok.
and if they started slamming his car he would of been justified in running after.  using his car as a deadly weapon in self defense.

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #13 - 10/01/13 at 12:23:31

verslagen1 wrote on 10/01/13 at 11:31:07:
1st mistake was running after the 1st hit.

I agree....but I am curious what caused the first biker to want to take on this SUV driver.  It may have some bearing on why the driver felt so threatened.  Something happened that caused this biker to single this fellow out.

IP Logged
terpfan1980

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Near DC
Reply #14 - 10/01/13 at 12:24:36

I was assuming that the SUV hit the first rider because the first rider was making reckless lane changes and other moves that put the rider in danger from the SUV.  Totally that rider's fault since the whole mob was out to hotdog it on their crotch rockets.

I've seen similar riders (and perhaps even some of the same ones that were in this pack) on the D.C. area beltway, zooming along past the other vehicles (cars, trucks, mini-vans, 18 wheelers and such) and dangerously and recklessly weaving in and out of the lanes and lane-splitting even though it isn't legal.  Every now and then one of them will pop a wheelie and showboat even more.  Those are the times I wish I regularly used a dash-cam because I'd take the footage into the nearest police barracks and let 'em have it as evidence to use against those clowns.

Like others have said here, I sort of wish the SUV driver had backed up over the bikers when they were trying to surround him, or that he'd just tried to plow right over a few more of them.  Given their behavior, I don't feel much compassion for them.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 15:26:45

General CategoryThe Cafe › SUV Chased by Bikers...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.