Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Dyna Muffler Shopping List (Read 336 times)
deejaysham

Have fun, don't get
hurt

Re: Dyna Muffler Shopping List
Reply #15 - 10/11/13 at 18:49:04

Okay guys, well I'm finished my install and I can say that everything went great!  And only 3 trips to the hardware store too.  Smiley

The Dyna sounds beautiful.  I've got an appointment on Monday at a shop for my 3k service and re-jetting for my altitude change but it already runs not half bad now.

That Dyna looks beautiful and the swap was pretty darn straight forward. I used the Ryca exhaust adapter and it made the swap so easy.  I did order an extra clamp from Dime City Cycles and I'm glad I did because the clamp that comes off the stock muffler is too big for the Ryca adapter so you need basically two of the kind that ships with the adapter and they only give one.  That Dime City Cycles link is for the exact same clamp that Ryca sells and it's only 8 bucks.

I can't thank everyone on this forum enough for all their help and wisdom.  Dave, Serowbot, you guys especially.

2009 Red/White S40, Pirelli MT66 Tires, Corbin Seat, Dyna Exhaust, Routy Forward Controls
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #16 - 10/11/13 at 18:55:55

Lookie there,... we got lucky on one...   Huh...

It was bound to happen eventually...  Undecided...

Grin Grin Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
aegerprimo

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Tucker, GA
Reply #17 - 11/04/13 at 10:23:34

hey, I got the muffler in the mail and it is beautiful. Thank you so much it was so nice of you. By the way I have a question, when you converted your muffler to the dyna  did you have to trim of an inch off of the header (like the ryca video says to do) and then put the adapter on or did the adapter just slide right onto the header

IP Logged
deejaysham

Have fun, don't get
hurt

Reply #18 - 11/04/13 at 18:23:16

I didn't trim the header, no.  It "slid" on.  I use slide in quotes because it did require a bit of force.  Mostly, though, the force was required to get the adapter on the dyna.  I used a rubber mallet for that and a bit of patience as I banged away.

The header connection was just a big of wiggling to work it on.

I'm not sure why you'd cut an inch off the header... though I suppose it would allow the dyna to mount on both the frame mount holes by the back wheel.  Right now mine is just mounted on the rear mounting hole only but it's totally fine.

2009 Red/White S40, Pirelli MT66 Tires, Corbin Seat, Dyna Exhaust, Routy Forward Controls
  IP Logged
deejaysham

Have fun, don't get
hurt

Reply #19 - 11/04/13 at 18:23:45

Also glad to hear you got it!  Hope you enjoy it!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 07:27:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Dyna Muffler Shopping List

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.