Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Starting my search for me a savage/s40 (Read 376 times)
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Re: Starting my search for me a savage/s40
Reply #30 - 11/16/13 at 09:12:25

Wheeee! got the little Honda rebel sold.....and while on face book a buddy of mine told me a friend wants to look at my road glide... only two more steps to getting the savage.. sell the Harley...buy a savage/s40.

Caught a really bad case of the crud this week, didn't even shake hands with the young guy that bought the Honda in fear i'd make him sick. Had the wife handle all the stuff to keep him from touching anything I handled.

Now i'll talk to my friend mike who's buddy has been having problems unloading his mom's savage....hope he still has it.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #31 - 11/16/13 at 14:58:31

2012 Suzuki BOULEVARD S40 Cruiser
Hall's Motorsports
Mobile, AL 36693

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2012-Suzuki-BOULEVARD-S40-110589256

New, Cruiser Motorcycle

$3,799

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #32 - 11/16/13 at 19:06:45

Not buying new.... heh..or almost new... gonna buy a 2007 or less more than likely. Most of those are below $1,500 and a few are around $1,200, cause i'm only going to dismantle it anyway.

My wife's savage familiarized me with this frame/engine setup working on it. And with the carb being so simple to work on I will be tearing into it quite deeply.
My goal is going to be to make it as light as "I" can make it, even if I replace some of the frame itself with an aluminum rear or something.
I will take it to the scales and weigh it with a full tank, then tear it down, mod it, build it back up and re-weigh.
If its not light enough to suit me, I will tear it down again, and make more mods, until I am satisfied.

Add:
I will also attempt to make it convertible enough to clamp, clip, or bolt on some travel accessories for long trips.
This ain't gonna be a show bike or an around town 1/2 miler... its going to be able to "go the distance". Wink

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #33 - 11/17/13 at 09:45:40

Get in touch with dsluggo, see if he has pics still of Max Morley's touring Savage. Max was a member of the old Savage forum as well as this one. He and Sluggo were basically neighbors, so I'm sure there are pics that were never uploaded to this board. Full fairing, top box made with my bike's original sissybar and fender rails, vintage HD FL hard bags... he called it the LT650.

2 years gone and counting, really wish he was still here, he was a stellar resource for the Savage community. R.I.P. Max...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 06:33:48

General CategoryThe Cafe › Starting my search for me a savage/s40

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.