Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
right blinker indicator stays on, bike won't start (Read 50 times)
Nate Moore
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

right blinker indicator stays on, bike won't start
09/29/13 at 14:37:52

So I'm new here, picked up an 86 Savage and got it running a few months ago. Then I took the tins and gas tank off to paint them and pulled the carb to re-jet. It took a few weeks to get everything situated. I've just put everything back together and when I turn the key, the right blinker indicator light is on all the time. When I go to start it I get absolutely no turnover or sound from the engine, just that blinker light flickering and a slight electronic sounding noise.
Anybody have any idea what this could be? I had the bike running perfectly before and didn't change anything. Could I have yanked a wire somewhere? Help Please!

Nate the noob

IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Re: right blinker indicator stays on, bike won't s
Reply #1 - 09/29/13 at 15:32:24

Nate,

There are a couple plugs under the gas tank toward the front that connect with the wires to the switches.  If one of them got partially unplugged, I can see it causing problems.  I had the one to the right switch cluster get loose on me one time and it wouldn't start or run...everything else seemed fine. I had all lights, horn, signals.  It just did nothing when I hit the starter button.  I have since pulled that connector just loose enough to not work a couple times when removing the tank.

I don't know about on yours but mine, they didn't seem to be very well weather proofed.  If that turns out to be the problem, some of that electrical grease they sell at the auto parts place might be in order to help prevent corrosion in the connectors.

Hope you get it working soon.  Riding season is quickly going away.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 09/29/13 at 15:36:55

Id also look closely for a pinched wire

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #3 - 09/29/13 at 19:15:28

I'd wrap any loose, worn, or partially exposed wires under the seat with electrical tape.  All it takes is a rub up against another piece of metal.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 14:25:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › right blinker indicator stays on, bike won't start

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.