"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Wealth Gap
Reply #1 - 09/28/13 at 17:11:52

This cant continue. Normal ratios are for 20% to have 80 % of the wealth.
Nothing continues peacefully so imbalanced,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 09/28/13 at 19:23:08

I posted a link back a few that reported such, it was attached to my reply on a thread by another....

I forecast this divide will join the current factions in opposition (right vs. left, liberal vs. conservative, black vs. white, etc) that was promoted and utilized by the politicians (and media, as they are part and parcel to the problem) as the anger, frustrations, etc, have been fueled, now they will seek justice via revenge and revolution as the common enemy will be the rich...... and fires will burn to ruins. 

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 09/29/13 at 05:35:04

Before we grab pitch forks and head for the nearest "rich" zip codes, let's take a second an analyze those "poor" folks and how they got there.
What % of the unemployed or poor who are PHYSICALLY unable to work?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 09/29/13 at 07:38:59

WebsterMark wrote on 09/29/13 at 05:35:04:
Before we grab pitch forks and head for the nearest "rich" zip codes, let's take a second an analyze those "poor" folks and how they got there.
What % of the unemployed or poor who are PHYSICALLY unable to work?

I think you're missing the point. The political (media) arena has used division and character assassination to garner and advance their power....
This has set emotions as trump, in peoples "reasoning" and repair to the problem. Link that with personal sacrifices caused by the actions (real or perceived, makes no difference when emotions dictate) of others, you will get a reaction.....a cause and effect, if you will.
You are still looking to assign or blame, or rationalize?
Tyranny never ends well......or lets say, it gets real messy.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #5 - 09/29/13 at 09:21:22

Web let me say this first, you've been great lately to debate with and you've posted several articles we agree on, especially the Banana Republic. I don't expect you to agree or want you to agree with me all the time because I don't learn anything that way. You've been a true gentleman and I like communicating with you. Jog and I are the only 2 on this forum disabled that I know of. I know one or 2 people outside the forum that claimed they're disabled but they're not. I'm seriously thinking about turning then in, it makes us that are real look bad. The rest of the poor people is a combination like losing jobs overseas, more mechanization(robots), When I left RJR I was doing a job 4 people were doing 15 years ago, the Hispanics are doing our jobs in construction for half of what we can. That's easy when a lot of them live 20 in a single house, have 3 or 4 ID's and pay no taxes. I have a friend in construction and he cant buy groceries, insurance, he's driving a 80's model car, you get the idea and they wont to legalize 11 million more of them. I have no problem with the immigrants that worked their way into the system legally as the rules are written now like Sri did. During my last 2 years at RJR managements pay was doubled and my salary was froze and I was laid more responsibility on me. I don't have a problem with management getting a raise if they're steering the company in the right direction, but doubling their salary in 2 years and freezing mine and making me work harder is a bit over the top. I didn't mind working harder, I've worked 2 jobs most of my life but they took advantage of some well trained conscientious workers and put the savings in their back pocket. This seems to be a coming trend all over the country. Education is costing too much and even with an education its almost impossible to get a job. I have a friend who got a big degree in computer technology and I told him he would never get a job because everybody and their brother has that degree. He's over $50,000 in debt and no job in sight. Service jobs is where the money is at now, plumbing, heating and air, auto repair, landscaping etc but I'm afraid before long the Hispanics will take them over, especially if the 11 million are legalized. There's too many white people who wanna set behind a desk and theres only so many of those jobs to go around. Upper management is going to have to realize the better they treat their employees the harder they will work and they will produce more and higher quality products. The supervisors I worked for that treated me like a human I literally busted my a$$ for them. I always did what I was supposed to do but treat me like a person instead of a number and I'll throw in a little extra. Another major problem is CEO's are no longer in it for the long run. They know they can work 5 years, take care of the shareholders, screw the workers and retire with a golden parachute. That's a major problem and its perfectly legal but its not in the company's best interest. I had to work for my company 10 years before I could draw a penny of retirement. I believe we need to pull out of overseas, take some of the money we're saving and work on schools and the infrastructure. We've bit off more than we can chew and our own people are suffering because of it. If we don't do something drastic (like minding our own business and let the rest of the world handle their own problems) it will be all over. If they take away my SS and are still spending billions overseas I'm not going to set back and do nothing and everyone I talk to feels the same way. These people on food stamps can go to work on the infrastucture or go hungry. Build daycares and put these Welfare moms to work, that might slow their sex life down. It cost $40,000 to house a prisoner. Put them to work on the highways. Jerry and I talked about this before, Jerry saying the unions woulnt allow it but somewhere out there is a judge and a lawyer who can beat the unions I believe. In NC they clean the trash off the highways, they can do more than that.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/05/24 at 05:57:15

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Wealth Gap

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.