Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone use a Harley Street Bob Muffler? (Read 96 times)
Fishbulb
Ex Member

Anyone use a Harley Street Bob Muffler?
09/28/13 at 06:16:12

I recently got a stock muffler of of my brothers retired Street Bob, part # 64895-09. For the most part it looks similar to what everyone is using, but it does not taper at the end like all the pics I have seen here.

It does have the 'rail mount' and looking in the back of it, it is not straight through, it does have some baffling.

I am sure I will find out once the riding season is over and I tear into it, but I was wondering if anyone had exp. with one of these.

Also, I have been reading up on jetting combos, but if anyone wants to chime in with a recommendation here for this muffler, a K&N panel filter in the stock box at about sea level I am all ears!

Thank you,

Jac

Street_Bob4.jpg
  IP Logged
Fishbulb
Ex Member

Re: Anyone use a Harley Street Bob Muffler?
Reply #1 - 09/28/13 at 06:17:30

More pics

Street_Bob2.jpg
  IP Logged
Fishbulb
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/28/13 at 06:18:08

Pic 3

Street_Bob3.jpg
  IP Logged
Fishbulb
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/28/13 at 06:18:34

Pic 4

Street_Bob6.jpg
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 09/28/13 at 09:24:08

Can't see the rail... I assume it's there...  It looks like it should mount up...
(you can mount up anything with enough fiddlin')... just do it...

I'd start with a #152.5 main... (do the 2/3 spacer mod, if you like... not critical)... then see how it runs...
If you need to turn out the idle mix more than 3 turns,... step up one on the pilot...

Making one jet change at a time,.. let's you observe the results better...
Replace the float bowl screws with allen heads, and you can change jets with the carb on the bike in 5 minutes...
Read my muffler guide in the Tech section for tips on install...
Read my tuning guide for info on jetting...
Good luck... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 09/28/13 at 09:24:24

Thats nice lookin, What engine was it meant for? IF its meant to be ONe of 2 on a 1300 CC engine, then its meant for a 650 CC jugs exhaust,
Sea Level ( I SOO hop[e I dont get this Bakkerds!), Lots of air in a cylinder charge, engine tends to be lean. High altitudes, its rich, with the same jetting) So, IF you let it breathe better with this exhaust, & the stock one ISrestrictive,,and IF youre close to lean already ( some models werent jetted so lean) then yea,, problee gonna wanna tinker in the carb some,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Fishbulb
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 09/30/13 at 04:03:01

Thanks guys! I am pretty sure that I run a little lean in the stock congif, so I know at least one step up in in order.

Serowbot, your carb tuning page has been up in my browser for a few weeks. I keep reading it, I think some of it will 'click' once I actually tear into the job.

Love the idea on the Allen Heads for the fuel bowl, do you have specs on what I am looking for at the store? I try to have have as much on hand BEFORE I tear things apart as possible!

Jac

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 16:34:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Anyone use a Harley Street Bob Muffler?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.