Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The Suzuki Savage IS TOP QUALITY (Read 445 times)
Suzukisavvy

You're Droolin,
While I'm Spoolin

Nebraska, USA
Re: The Suzuki Savage IS TOP QUALITY
Reply #15 - 10/04/13 at 08:18:55

Its a black '98! yeah i started on a dt125 enduro '80 and i never took a msf course but im a bigger kid. i weigh about 210 and im 6'2. (im 15) and my dad and i ride all the time.

In my creepy robot voice.
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #16 - 10/04/13 at 10:33:54

No disrespect intended, but you will probably learn a little more by taking the course. When I returned to motorcycling after a twenty seven year absence, I took a refresher course which made life a lot easier.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #17 - 10/04/13 at 19:13:13

The LS650 is a great bike.  I had one before but had to sell it and another after having a couple of strokes in 2009.  I'm back on the road again and ride a Vulcan 2000.  But I was just telling buddies over on a Mean Streak forum how awesome the LS650 is with a few simple mods that most riders do to set their bike up to their own individual tastes.  I've probably had more fun zipping stoplight to stoplight on one than any other bike.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #18 - 10/04/13 at 19:30:33

Pay scrupulous attention to the tech on this forum, don't trust a dealer as far as you could throw his building, and you'll do alright. For a bargain basement throw away, it is a pretty decent little bike. It has several well known and easily remedied design flaws, but on the whole, other than way too much chrome, no kicker, CV carburetor and an electronic ignition it is a quite decent platform. Make it yours, make it fit you properly, wear it out, and repeat. The old forum regularly saw them top 100K miles w/o major issues.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 10/04/13 at 22:02:01

I saw one in a Wal Fart parking lot with around 92,000 miles,., It had ONE major issue,, It Was FUGLY.. LOoked like it had been parked outside its whole life..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #20 - 10/05/13 at 12:46:04

Suzukisavvy, hop over to the Café section and put your age in the how old are you poll, and tell Stones you aren't cheating. Doing this will somewhat lower the average age of Savage/S40 riders.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Suzukisavvy

You're Droolin,
While I'm Spoolin

Nebraska, USA
Reply #21 - 11/01/13 at 08:13:44

can you give me a link to that i cant find it.

In my creepy robot voice.
  IP Logged
Ragnar444

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 11/01/13 at 15:45:48

I'm in the same boat! After doing a little on-line research, and compulsively taking one for a test drive I was sold. The second I popped it into gear and twisted the throttle I was sold. It was like getting on an amusement park ride. Could not stop smiling.
Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 12:21:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › The Suzuki Savage IS TOP QUALITY

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.