Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The Suzuki Savage IS TOP QUALITY (Read 445 times)
Suzukisavvy

You're Droolin,
While I'm Spoolin

Nebraska, USA
The Suzuki Savage IS TOP QUALITY
09/27/13 at 07:42:49

I recently drove a Suzuki savage and now i am a owner of one (im 15) and it is the best bike ever! And no im not just saying this because its my first bike, its my second bike, and this bike is 100x better then my starter bike! The savage has such low end torque and the slitest twist of the trottle when you are starting out, you go! The 50ft lbs of torque is more than enough to give you the ride of your life! The single cylinder is a true thumper and no doubt that this bike is the highest quality motorcycle out on the market!

In my creepy robot voice.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: The Suzuki Savage IS TOP QUALITY
Reply #1 - 09/27/13 at 07:57:59

Smart Kid! Roll Eyes

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
doctorpc
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 09/27/13 at 08:48:31

My girlfriend and i also just started riding this year she chose a honda shadow she is also almost 6 feet tall i on the other hand am 5'4" and after carefully checking out bikes and a recomendation from a Trama's instructor that i had i found an S40 and bought it from someone on the boards here We have gone about 1000 miles this summer and had great times. I did put a Corbin seat on it and that made a big difference in comfort and with the help of this group i changed the battery and air clearner( my first atempt at motorcye maintainance). And hope to be riding for along time to come
Thanks Guys

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 09/27/13 at 09:25:44

Clearly,.. only the very smartest, most refined, people join SS.Com...

...a few of us were granted exemptions for the sake of balance... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #4 - 09/27/13 at 11:35:05

Serowbot wrote on 09/27/13 at 09:25:44:
...a few of us were granted exemptions for the sake of balance... Huh...

I resemble that remark! Who else on the board would dare to replace the stock front wheel from 1998 with one from the early 1970s... with a drum brake...  Roll Eyes

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #5 - 09/27/13 at 12:04:57

Suzukisavvy wrote on 09/27/13 at 07:42:49:
I recently drove a Suzuki savage and now i am a owner of one (im 15) and it is the best bike ever! And no im not just saying this because its my first bike, its my second bike, and this bike is 100x better then my starter bike! The savage has such low end torque and the slitest twist of the trottle when you are starting out, you go! The 50ft lbs of torque is more than enough to give you the ride of your life! The single cylinder is a true thumper and no doubt that this bike is the highest quality motorcycle out on the market!

Welcome and glad you found our little bike and little site. You can learn a lot about your bike and save a ton of money on here. I have had my bike since I was 18 (ten years now) and plan to keep it forever.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 09/27/13 at 13:54:17

What year m,odel?Hominy miles on it?
Is it Yellow? Thats the fastest color ya know/..Mine was white,, lost to every yellow one I raced, beat all the black ones & blue ones Easy tho

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #7 - 09/27/13 at 14:11:49

and the red ones were parked before you got there so you didn't even know they were in the race.   Cool

WWW   IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #8 - 09/27/13 at 14:34:50

Glad to have you here.  It is a great bike and LOTS of fun to ride.

There are a few (very few) shortcomings with the bike.  They are all detailed here.  Look in the tech section it tells you what to look for and what to do about it.  Pretty much everything you could want to know about your bike is on here.

Enjoy your new ride and BE CAREFUL!  Nobody on the street is looking out for you but you.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 09/27/13 at 16:25:49

I had a friend who witnessed an old gray haired woman pull leftacross a bikes path. He was telling  me about it,, He got to the scene & waited for the cops, so he could see how it was handled,., This guy was always calm, never raised his voice, but when he was telling me about how this went, he shook with anger. He had nothing but contempt for that woman & he mocked her voice

In a shrill but weak voice he imitated her

Its not my fault,, I just didnt SEE him,,

I dont remember how the rider came out,, but he must have been pretty bad or my friend wouldnt have been so riled.,.
IIRC, the cop was real easy on her,, hey,, why not? She didnt do it on purpose..

She didnt SEE him.,.,
Maybe she wasnt lookin,,

LOTS to know that will help ya stay safe.,

Beware if youre first in a long line or last.
Think about whyl.,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #10 - 09/27/13 at 17:13:27

I note that you are fifteen, was your starter bike a dirt/trail bike or a road bike? Have you taken an American MSF course? Remember that the Savage/S40 is Suzuki's entry level cruiser and some on this forum don't have a particularly high opinion of Suzuki's quality control. Having said that may you survive to enjoy many years of Savage/S40 riding. You have three friends in motorcycling. Your two mirrors and the big gap in front of you. Most other humans, animals and objects are potential, if not real enemies.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
latony007
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 09/27/13 at 17:47:10

I have had this bike about 9 months now and although I learned to ride when I was about 12 this is the first bike I have owned. I had it for about 4 months before I decided it wasn't enough to keep up with my riding buddies who had a triumph street triple, a can am spyder and a ninja 650 so I bought a Yamaha FZ6R which I love. But I still cant get myself to part with my S40. Its great for taking the wife or kid on rides. The things I really hate are the NO gas gauge, or tac, or any gauges at all really, and the pop I get everytime I turn it off. Other than that its a great entry level bike and SO easy to handle.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 09/28/13 at 09:07:48

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/27/13 at 13:54:17:
What year m,odel?Hominy miles on it?
Is it Yellow? Thats the fastest color ya know/..Mine was white,, lost to every yellow one I raced, beat all the black ones & blue ones Easy tho

How Many Miles on it

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #13 - 09/28/13 at 13:32:59

Welcome aboard and nice to hear
how well your enjoying your bike.
Post a pic and and enjoy reading
about our adventures and even
post your own. Your a very
smart young man to have chosen
this bike. Smileykim

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 09/28/13 at 14:04:32

Looks li9ke he lost the URL..

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 12:27:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › The Suzuki Savage IS TOP QUALITY

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.