Send Topic Print
Oil Change Question (Read 54 times)
Rush-rks

Lurking &
Learning

Beckley WV
Oil Change Question
09/26/13 at 04:56:34

Coming up on a oil change real soon.  After reading all the oil information you all have compiled over the years I do have a couple questions.

Given my bike is a 2006 I have no idea what was put in it before I changed it when I first got it I used suzuki branded oil.

So I am thinking of using the Rotella T.  Would there be any real advantage using the T-6 synthetic?  I really dont know the difference and my bike which probably never had a synthetic oil in it ever would that become any problem?  And add about 1.5 oz of Redline to the gallon get the zddp right?

2006 Suzuki S40 Boulevard bone stock other than idle-mix adjustment out 3/4 turn from factory setting
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Oil Change Question
Reply #1 - 09/26/13 at 05:25:59

If money is a consideration the Rotella T does just fine....if you ride a lot in hot weather (90+) or don't mind spending the extra....the T-6 might be a bit better.

Adding 1 to 2 oz. of Redline per gallon can't hurt.

I use the Rotella T and add 2 Oz. of Redline per gallon.  I will let you know in about 10 years how that works.....I am still in the testing phase. Grin

« Last Edit: 09/26/13 at 06:27:01 by Dave »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Rush-rks

Lurking &
Learning

Beckley WV
Reply #2 - 09/26/13 at 06:01:48

Dave wrote on 09/26/13 at 05:25:59:
If money is a consideration the Rotella T does just fine....if you ride a lot in hot weather (90+) or don't minde spending the extra....the T-6 might be a bit better.

Adding 1 to 2 oz. of Redline per gallon can't hurt.

I use the Rotella T and add 2 Oz. of Redline per gallon.  I will let you know in about 10 years how that works.....I am still in the testing phase. Grin

Well the weather here hasn't reached 90 all summer.  On dry days I ride it to work and now the mornings are 40 and foggy and damp.  Thanks for the advice I've got some redline ordered and I will just pick up the Rotella T here locally.  When you add the redline how does it take a lot of shaking of the jug to get it to mix good?

2006 Suzuki S40 Boulevard bone stock other than idle-mix adjustment out 3/4 turn from factory setting
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 09/26/13 at 06:26:40

Nope.....it mixes easily.....as long as you don't store it in the fridge or freezer! Grin

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Rush-rks

Lurking &
Learning

Beckley WV
Reply #4 - 09/26/13 at 06:43:50

Dave wrote on 09/26/13 at 06:26:40:
Nope.....it mixes easily.....as long as you don't store it in the fridge or freezer! Grin

Grin you mean it wont stay fresher longer in the refer? Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 16:44:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Oil Change Question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.