Send Topic Print
Unemployment (Read 114 times)
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Unemployment
09/25/13 at 19:17:52

My girlfriend and her mother had to visit the Dept. of Labor to continue their unemployment checks.
The guy who assisted her mother was quite chatty.
He said the 19% unemployment rate the state advertises is a lie. He said the actual value is well above 20%.
I asked the gf to confirm this intel with the guy she visited with but he was not as forthcoming.
This only applies to Connecticut.

--Steve

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: Unemployment
Reply #1 - 09/25/13 at 20:38:32

Supposedly 8.3 percent in TN, but does not include underemployed or those who maxed out their benefits w/o getting hired and subsequently said screw it and dropped off the radar. Actual is about 18.5% unemployed/underemployed. Although the radio this morning said it is closer to 28% actual  unemployed/underemployed/gave up.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #2 - 09/26/13 at 00:00:50

I've heard a few states actually have up to 40%. That's hearsay but I wouldn't doubt it. I had 2 bros (one of them died) hard working, trying to be independent and it took over 2 years for them to find jobs that would barely support their family. I guess they were part of Romneys 42%.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 09/26/13 at 06:36:39

When the goobs decide to stop LYING about it then Ill appreciate them a little more,

Right now, when someones benefits run out, they are no longer counted as Unemployed,, Yea,, like thats even almost reasonable, They LIE to us  TELL us theyre lying, but you better trust themor youre a weirdo,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #4 - 09/26/13 at 06:53:10

And this is news???

Even the government has admitted that the press release unemployment figures are .... well not forthright.  I haven't looked but supposedly you can go online to various figures for what the unemployment is based on different measures.

The same holds true with inflation. Currently, official inflation reports will drop anything the goes over a certain percent in a short period of time as it creates too much of a dynamic graph. So the last round of inflation reports dropped Food and gasoline... you know those thing that don't matter to John Q. Public on a daily basis. However, home values HAVE been counted... well cause homes are still lower than prior reports.  TADA inflation of 1%!
Again supposedly you can go online and see all the inflation tables.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 09/26/13 at 23:30:03

But if I dont Raah RaahRaah & declare we are number one Im not a good american,, Phhhht,, Im sick of this crap/.
Yea, DC has a cockroach & vermin problem.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #6 - 09/27/13 at 11:16:08

If we don't stick together and eradicate the roaches we're just as responsible as they are. We'd rather sit around and b!tch than grow some balls and do something about it. I just got off the phone with both of my senators, I told them I vote and unlike some Americans I don't forget, especially the phone calls. You're gonna tell me that doesn't work, Ok take the next step but I cant do it alone.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 09/27/13 at 14:18:37

Horse crap,, blame the victims,, How many have been elected to DO something, only to go to DC& do the opposite? Theyve built up a system around themselves  making it difficult & costly to recall them when they dont do what they promised. They vote for unpopular bills, knowing the people who elected them do NOT want what theyre doing,.They havent worked for the people since JFK was killed,

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #8 - 10/02/13 at 05:40:21

WD wrote on 09/25/13 at 20:38:32:
Supposedly 8.3 percent in TN, but does not include underemployed or those who maxed out their benefits w/o getting hired and subsequently said screw it and dropped off the radar. Actual is about 18.5% unemployed/underemployed. Although the radio this morning said it is closer to 28% actual  unemployed/underemployed/gave up.

Relax, as usual statistics are presented in such a way as to say what the speaker wants you to hear, without him actually have to say what he doesn't want to say...

Huh

Allow me to explain: just last night (Oct 1st) the local Italian news stated that unemployment in Italy is at 12%, never been so bad since the '70s and the leftist movements took stronghold.

HOWEVER

unemployment among 16-29 y.o. is estimated at 40%  Shocked

So, which will it be ? 12 % ?   40 % ?

Whichever way you look at it... Embarrassed    if you know what I mean...  Tongue

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #9 - 10/02/13 at 10:45:26

"They havent worked for the people since JFK was killed,"  + 1. I hate he didn't get to abolish the Federal Reserve, he was working on. I don't care how many women he slept with, he was on our side.

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #10 - 10/02/13 at 12:40:57

My father used to say that figures don't lie, but liars can figure.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 10/02/13 at 13:40:57

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 10/02/13 at 12:40:57:

the government, from what I know (which yeah, isn't much but. . ) has been using the same formula for the unemployment numbers for a long time, so they all still relate to each other, they may not be accurate, but they are a relatable way to measure unemployment

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #12 - 10/02/13 at 13:43:44

Agreed.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #13 - 10/02/13 at 14:47:44

They don't count people who have been looking for so long that they gave up?

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #14 - 10/02/13 at 15:49:00

LostArtist wrote on 10/02/13 at 13:40:57:
Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 10/02/13 at 12:40:57:

the government, from what I know (which yeah, isn't much but. . ) has been using the same formula for the unemployment numbers for a long time, so they all still relate to each other, they may not be accurate, but they are a relatable way to measure unemployment

Actually, it changes quite often. You also see it with poverty level where when a President come in and lowers the poverty level it looks like people are better off when, in reallity, it is the same or worse. It would be interesting to see how they calculated it during Carter and run that same calculation now to compare. I bet we were in an actual Depression and the liberals used trillion in debt to mask their incompetence and corruption but we weren't given the true data so now we have the Great Recession.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/05/24 at 06:23:16

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Unemployment

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.