Send Topic Print
"mystery" blue wire. (Read 103 times)
suzsavwirehelp
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

"mystery" blue wire.
09/25/13 at 14:01:59

Ok fellas. I am working on a pastors bike (bike A) and the engine was blown and had to get another engine (bike B) and had to swap B to A.

My pastor got the bike from some chopper out guy who use trailer wiring on his bike and total diy jobs. I removed engine from bike A and put in engine from B and i put everything back together which was a headache with this guys majestic wiring wizardly skills.

All wiring is back together except for this blue wire that hangs off the back of the right side crank case (behind the rear brake pedal)

I cannot find where this wire plugs into! the wire was long enough to go under the tank so i thought to look there. I took off the tank and i found another connector that was plugs into it. I found the SIDE STAND RELAY. so the mystery wire can plug into the side stand relay is i disconnect the side stand relay...

this does two things.

1. If side stand relay is plugged in the bike will turn on and when pushing electric start the bike wont do anything.

2. When i dissable the side stand relay and plug in this mystery wire the bike will turn on and when pushing the electric start the bike will turn over but not fire up.

bike A was in running condition until it had a valve fall off in the top end gouging through the piston. bike B was in perfect running condition which to me, means there is a spot for this wire...

please let me know what the name of this wire is and help me plug this in! it's the last thing it needs. I am losing my mind!

thank you fellas!

IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Re: "mystery" blue wire.
Reply #1 - 09/25/13 at 14:21:22

Where does the wire come from?

Are we talking about a bike with the stock wiring harness or is this the one that's been completely redone?

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 09/25/13 at 14:32:44

The blue wire is the neutral indicator wire....and it does have some interconnection to the safety system that also includes the sidestand and clutch switches.

The blue wire does connect up under the tank near the coil.

The sidestand safety switch should connect to the wiring harness on the left side of the bike, just behind the painted side cover.

BabyHog posted the wiring diagrams in the Technical Section.....go look for the index and links thread in the Technical Section....that will help you bunches.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1294779818

Another post that wil help is this one:

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1099317926

Everyone should become familiar with the stuff in the Technical Section....as it can be very helpful.

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
suzsavwirehelp
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 09/25/13 at 15:33:53

dave:

yes, i had referred to those diagrams before i jumped onto the thread. in your second link

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1099317926

underneith the ignition coil is the "side stand relay" and if you trace that it ends south to the "side stand SW"

that was never moved from the chopped bike. so you are sayng the other wire plugs into behind the side cover? on which side?

thank you all for your help.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 09/25/13 at 15:55:44

for accuracy, what year are the bikes?

WWW   IP Logged
suzsavwirehelp
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 09/26/13 at 15:40:52

verslagen1 wrote on 09/25/13 at 15:55:44:
for accuracy, what year are the bikes?

early 2000

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 16:33:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › "mystery" blue wire.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.