Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Ideas for attaching moldings to the tank. (Read 254 times)
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Re: Ideas for attaching moldings to the tank.
Reply #15 - 12/10/14 at 17:39:00

Problem solved: I applied body molding tape to the two knee pads with the protective tape still on and clamped them together with 4 c-clamps done tight and left them for a week, so the tape would adhere thoroughly to the pads. I peeled the protective tape off and stuck the pads to the tank and pressed them on with a small roller. They haven't lifted at all.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 12/10/14 at 19:33:54

And where did you GIT that tape?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #17 - 12/11/14 at 10:44:49

Body shop supply store, but many automotive stores carry it.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #18 - 12/11/14 at 14:53:48

Looking purty. Wink

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 12/12/14 at 07:42:33

I still have some 2 sided tape from when I worked at a shop. Im pretty sure its a little over 30 y/o,, BUT,, last I needed a little piece, it worked.. Todays adhesives are SO much better.. Windows in skyscrapers are held in with a tape that allows them to shrink and grow with the temp, yet not fall off...UHHMayzing..and EX Pen Sieve. I wanna say Digger posted a link to a Super Duper roll O stikkum,, I Thot I wanted some, till I saw the price..

When playing with thick rubber stuff and wanting it to stay on a compound curved surface, of course grinding the rubber to fit at least Kinda is important,, and some heat (Okay,, lets call it like it is,, Pain Compliance)
Now,, the tank,, Hoo,, boy,, Talk about wanting ALL the wax gone,, How did you get the tank surface prepared>? Ive heard Dawn dish soap is just the bomb for ripping all the oils and waxes off a car, and Not recommended for washing a car, at all..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #20 - 12/12/14 at 11:49:12

I generally use 99% isopropel (sp?) alcohol to clean stuff prior to painting or gluing.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 08:38:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Ideas for attaching moldings to the tank.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.