Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Know anything about travel trailers? (Read 63 times)
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Know anything about travel trailers?
09/23/13 at 13:58:24

As ya'll know I have twenty acres in Nevada. While we were up there this past spring a neighbor gave us a 1971 Kenskill Mark III travel trailer to live in free and clear.

It definitely needs work and we plan on completely restoring it after we get our permanent house built up there. Does anyone know where I can get a repair manual for it?

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Know anything about travel trailers?
Reply #1 - 09/23/13 at 15:37:23

Yonuh

Its a 1971 modle .... do any mods you can dream of to it ... the resale value left long ago.

I'd use 2x2s instead of 2x4s for all my reframeing stuff and pvc instead of coper.     If winters get cold I'd use electrical heat tape on the plumming/w/ those sticks of foam insulation .... and wouldn't wait till it gets late Oct. to do it.   Huh

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 09/23/13 at 18:10:53

Living in one during the winter and cooking, taking showers etc. can result in some condensation so ventilation is important.  I am guessing it has a propane heater, check it to make certain it is properly ventilated, no mice nests in the flu etc.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 09/23/13 at 22:07:32

Go to an RV dealer, go to the parts department, ask for a catalog.
\You wouldnt Bee Leeeve the cool stuff RVdealer parts department have available,,I dont Have an RV, but Ive got a catalog & the stuff in there that you just dont see at a hardware store is amazing,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #4 - 09/24/13 at 07:03:51

Our RV is licensed as a 1970 or 71, but the chassis build date is 1968 based on engine type, steering column and wheel, transmission shifter set up, etc. Can get most anything I need for it by taking original parts to the closest RV shop and saying "Updated version of this please". Mine is self propelled though, it has a 413 cubic inch Dodge big block (that I want to put in my same era 1/2 ton truck) ans based on the D400/M400 truck and motorhome chassis.

Our friend Doug lives in a small travel type trailer year round, getting ready for his 3rd winter in it. FEMA left over, picked up cheap at an auction, never used until it showed up here. Was supposed to be where Skat (rest in peace sis) came for convalescence... Also have an old tag along camper out behind the barn. Was lived in for years, and then started rapidly falling apart. 1980s model I'd guess, let me know if you need any parts, stove, furnace and fridge have city gas connections/jets though, it was set up for natural gas.

You can get almost anything for any era tag along camper. We had a 1957 Mercury camper when I was in high school. Parts were easy to find, they haven't changed all that much over the decades.

Unger_Commander.png

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 10:27:39

General CategoryThe Cafe › Know anything about travel trailers?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.