Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Plate mount & speedo fix (Read 137 times)
Boogieman

Bang! Bang!

NORCAL
Plate mount & speedo fix
09/20/13 at 18:13:49

Thought y'all might get a kick out of this.
 So my license plate rear light assembly has broke off on the freeway twice now. The first time it just up and vanished and the second time I had to run out into the hammer lane and play frogger to get it back. Basically they were being held on by an eighth inch thick piece of plate steel with a hole in one end into which the axle goes through, mounted on the starboard side.
So my buddy and I rigged this up until I get a longer fender, longer axle bolt, and longet shock bolts to mount a sissy bar assembly to which the license plate assembly will be a permanent part of.

2013-09-20_16-40-32_222.jpg

'03 LS 650 bobber - Highly modified...crashed it.
  IP Logged
Boogieman

Bang! Bang!

NORCAL
Re: Plate mount & speedo fix
Reply #1 - 09/20/13 at 18:20:10

I had forgotten about this till now but Versy suggested I post a pic of my speedo fix.

It was totally pissing out oil till I got fed up, went down to my local hardware store where they have every little nook and cranny part you could possibly imagine, and picked up this brass fitting. Spooged some gasket maker up in it and screwed it down...NEVER TO LEAK AGAIN!!! MUAHAHAHAHAH!

2013-09-20_16-40-42_819.jpg

'03 LS 650 bobber - Highly modified...crashed it.
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #2 - 09/20/13 at 21:05:34

Not bad, FYI, the clutch cable is supposed to have a nut on each side of the mount... Somebody set you up for an early cable failure. And the way these bikes stretch cables, they need no additional help in that department. I finally switched to a Kawasaki cable, but, I've run tall apehangers for years that need a VN800A unit, which is far too long for stock bars. I also use a Honda throttle cable instead of the stock piece. Not sure what brake cable I'll need for a Triumph lever and Suzuki Titan front drum...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #3 - 09/21/13 at 16:46:02

Hey as long as the license plate holder works and makes the Boogieman happy what else matters!!   Wink

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #4 - 11/23/13 at 19:58:00

WD wrote on 09/20/13 at 21:05:34:
Not bad, FYI, the clutch cable is supposed to have a nut on each side of the mount... Somebody set you up for an early cable failure....

WD,

FWIW, my Savage's (see my signature block) lower clutch cable adjustment hardware is set up like the OP's.

Here is a diagram from pg. 50 of my Owner's Manual:

Jes tryin' to keep things solid around here.....

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 03:29:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Plate mount & speedo fix

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.