Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Opportunity for dark side (Read 207 times)
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Re: Opportunity for dark side
Reply #15 - 09/21/13 at 12:18:30

Well his story his it's his friend's bike, he died and now helping the parents sell the bike. It's less than an hour away from here on the other side of the river. I'll go check it out and make a silly offer and see what it's about. For sure I wont buy it right away but will report my findings.

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #16 - 09/21/13 at 13:08:01

Consider taking some petrol and a battery and see if it will start, if the sellers are agreeable.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #17 - 09/21/13 at 13:22:28

Guys says it runs, I'll bring my helmet though Smiley

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #18 - 09/21/13 at 15:38:54

This smells like baitfish stuck on a boat seat after 2 days in the sun.  

Ask the guy if he has an active title in HIS name so he can transfer it to you at the point of sale in front of a notarizing loan officer at your bank.

If not, then he can't sell you squat ....  he doesn't own it.

Accept no entanglements with a "promised activity" by any third person -- when it doesn't happen you are left holding somebody else's property which will be returned to them as soon as it shows up on the law's radar with any attempt to get title or register or get plates, etc.

And you will get squat out of it, except a citation and a fine for having had somebody else's bike in your posession.

Worse yet if the title is in the dead guy's name, not even his heirs or parents could sell that bike without it going through escrow (inheritance legal BS) and then a new title being generated at considerable $$$ cost (18/20 years worth of back taxes) and delinquent taxes fines & even more DMV BS and then finally the generation of a new title in the new inheriting owners name.    

Then the bike can be sold to you.

You are likely getting played by someone with a dead bike that belongs to a dead guy that they CANNOT gain title over.    

Or else it is a stolen hot bike that if you wrote down the serial number on the frame to ask DMV about it the seller would get all sorts of upset about that -- they know what it is.      Tongue     ie NOT THEIRS TO SELL .....

Don't be a mullet ....  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #19 - 09/21/13 at 15:55:32

Yea, that was my last question to him, the title... Waiting for the answer.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #20 - 09/21/13 at 22:21:53

Sage advice up there. Take that guy and the title to the dmv & make sure that title is good if youre not 100% satisfied that it is,
Maybe you could
Get a hand written bill of sale, signed by the guy & include in the bill of sale that the title is clear & in his name & he can legally sell it & you can transfer the title into your name using normal, standard methods OR he will refund the $$.
IDK how legal all that is, it sure Sounds like a decent deal.,. with a bit of a potential Gotchya attached.,.,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #21 - 09/23/13 at 05:35:12

The ad has been deleted.  What happened with the deal?

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #22 - 09/23/13 at 05:47:30

The bike has been sold, problem solved Smiley Maybe I missed an opportunity or maybe a headache, either way it's done and someone else's worry now. The guy never replied about title, he was slow to answer and short on his email, something I dont really like to begin with. But there's always the next opportunity, thanks to all.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 10:30:48

General CategoryThe Cafe › Opportunity for dark side

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.