Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
some nice cycle photos here *nsfw* (Read 321 times)
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Re: some nice cycle photos here *nsfw*
Reply #15 - 09/22/13 at 18:26:58

Oh come on BabyHog he may look perty and all to you, but he's wearing loafers!!!!!!!!!!!  

Grin  Cheesy  Grin  Cheesy  Grin  Cheesy

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #16 - 09/23/13 at 00:32:10

ToesNose wrote on 09/22/13 at 18:26:58:
Oh come on BabyHog he may look perty and all to you, but he's wearing loafers!!!!!!!!!!!  

Guys... what's so sexy about a blond bloke with a goatee ?  Roll Eyes

How 'bout a brunette with a goatee ?

Lips Sealed

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #17 - 09/23/13 at 00:49:31

jcstokes wrote on 09/19/13 at 16:12:34:
I saw lots of Triumph's, Honda's, a Suzuki Volty I think, some Ducati's, Kawasaki's and Yamaha's, a couple of BMW'S. The only possible pre war bike was in the desert shot with the camel, unspectacular camel. Couldn't identify the rat rod.

You need to read a little history to understand what the bike was, or might have been.

Clearly WW2.
Clearly Africa.
Clearly NOT Allied Forces (too prudish to allow for a topless model)
Clearly NOT a BMW / DKW / Zundapp.
Clearly NOT Tunisians / Lybians / Egyptians, those guys in the background are much too tall and lanky.

My deduction is the pic was shot in Abyssinia (nowadays called Ethiopia), hence by an Italian photographer and the girl sits on an Italian bike.

Cleraly NOT a horizontal cylinder, so it's not a Moto Guzzi.

The alternatives could be Bianchi, Sertum, Gilera... or maybe even a rare Frera.
Roll Eyes
Girder front fork and the exhaust looks sideways, is it a lopsided single or is it a twin ?
Roll Eyes

This is a 1930's Gilera 500

This is a 1930's Bianchi

This is a 1930's Frera.

Methinks it's a Frera, notice the odd exhaust  Cool

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #18 - 09/23/13 at 02:25:10

Signor Pescatori, I'm not sure about this. You may have the location right, but I feel any bike impressed into the military would be painted camo, drab, khaki, or the service colour of the outfit it was impressed into. That bike is still in civvies. Speedo mounting doesn't seem to fit with the Italian bikes you show anyway it's an interesting identity question.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #19 - 09/23/13 at 04:50:04

old_rider wrote on 09/21/13 at 16:16:09:
babyhog wrote on 09/20/13 at 05:17:29:
Serowbot wrote on 09/19/13 at 23:19:36:
Hold that thought,... WD...  Huh...

Hold it,.. hold it,... keep holding it...
Okay,... ... nope, just keep holding it... Grin...
We must respect our ladies...

I've pushed some limits myself ... but, we must keep the emphasis on sexy, funny,... but not vulgar...
For the ladies...
On the other hand,...men, are open targets... Grin...
Woo-hoo!... Grin Grin Grin...
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/serowbot/1028576825_n_zpsf370936a.jpg

Sorry 'bout that... Tongue...

Thanks for trying Bot, but no, No, NO!  

Something a little more like this...
 Now that's sexy!

http://images.motorcycle-usa.com/photogallerys/12_SonsofAnarchy_Premiere_2.jpg

That Ain't sexy!  THIS is SEXY Cool Cool

http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b471/Orphistle/2008_03030007b.jpg

Ok, I'll agree with you... that IS sexy!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #20 - 09/23/13 at 04:51:10

ToesNose wrote on 09/22/13 at 18:26:58:

True... but they look better than his usual white Keds...   Grin

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #21 - 09/23/13 at 05:11:04

jcstokes wrote on 09/23/13 at 02:25:10:
Signor Pescatori, I'm not sure about this. You may have the location right, but I feel any bike impressed into the military would be painted camo, drab, khaki, or the service colour of the outfit it was impressed into. That bike is still in civvies. Speedo mounting doesn't seem to fit with the Italian bikes you show anyway it's an interesting identity question.

Herr Sokes, I'm sorry but I believe I know a little bit about European history.

You are slightly (but only just) ... way off track.

Have you ever heard the term "press-gang" ? it was the Royal Navy's preferred way of recruitment.

It seems that sometimes the USNavy adopted a similar system, albeit only during the War of 1812 and only in some ports (read New Orleans).

During WW2, all Armies resorted to requisitioning - i.e. seizing a vehicle or other facilities by force of a warrant issued by the local Milirtary Governor.
My grandfather buried his own Gilera 500 in a field in order to avoid having the Germans first, then the Yugoslav Red Army requisition it.
unfortunately, someone's artillery had a better idea and the field was shelled... one round too many... Embarrassed

That may well be a civilian bike... but who would claim that a young and smiling Abyssinian model would be riding barebreasted and carefree... in the 1930's?
Somehow, I don't see than happening, not in Abyssinia, not in Alabama, not anywhere  Wink

That pic is a detail of a 1930's propaganda poster.

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

mpescatori   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #22 - 09/23/13 at 08:53:48

I've been looking closer at the desert photo, does it look like the right side behind the tank has a race placard? #5 ? Suppose it could be an old Nairobi dessert Baja race of some sort? Or maybe just maybe a playboy photo shoot with an old 30's model rebuilt? The looks of the two fella's with the camel kinda look Kenyan-ish to me. I don't  know, i'll look around some more, the net is kinda fun to surf every now and then.

Maybe this one?

http://samilitaryhistory.org/vol106em.html

The middle picture looks kinda similar. The tank looks repainted in the bare chested photo also, so maybe it could be a bsa?

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #23 - 09/23/13 at 09:26:36

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #24 - 09/23/13 at 09:40:49

Serowbot wrote on 09/23/13 at 09:26:36:

Wish I could read Italian, couldn't find a language swap button anywhere.
So is it a picture from 1976? model photo shoot?

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #25 - 09/23/13 at 13:16:15

Yes Signor Pescatori, I was aware of civilian vehicles being impressed into the armies in WW2. This practice was widespread in my country and also in Lybia, where the Afrika Corps seized a number of vehicles from Italian colonists. I emailed the photo to a few friends to see if they can identify the bike.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
HondaLavis

It's nothing
personal; the other
one came first.

Plano, TX
Reply #26 - 09/23/13 at 21:22:20

From my translated page:

This is a photograph taken in Italy (or in Italian territory) and is now in the public domain because the copyright has expired [1] . According to the Law of 22 April 1941. 633 on the protection of copyright and other rights related to its operation , as amended by Law of 22 May 2004 no. 128, the general photography and devoid of artistic character and reproductions of works of figurative art become public knowledge since the beginning of the calendar year following the completion of the twentieth year from the date of production ( Article 92 ). According to the text of the law, such "simple photographs" are defined as "images of people or of aspects, elements or events of natural and social life, obtained with photographic process or similar process, including reproductions of works of figurative art and frames of films. Not included are photographs of writings, documents, business papers, material objects, technical drawings and similar products "( Article 87 ).

The photographs considered works of art, however, become public domain 70 years after the author's death, according to ' Article 2 paragraph 7 and to ' Article 32-bis.

^ I'm already in the public domain photographs general and lack of artistic produced in Italy (and in the territories under Italian legislation at the time of production of the photograph, for example, the ' Italian East Africa ) before 1 January 1993

Commons:  After you have carefully checked the validity of the license , this image can be copied to Wikimedia Commons , making it available in other languages ​​in Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects. But it will not request or the cancellation of this copy or added to the template {{ NowCommons }}
Upload the image on Commons with the license {{PD-Italy}} {{PD-1996 | Italy | January 1, 1996}} only if the image is earlier than 1976 , otherwise the image will be deleted. ( more info ) You can get help from the CommonsHelper
This file was uploaded on it.wikipedia for technical reasons and must not be deleted , even if it is orphan or present identical on Wikimedia Commons

This may or may not provide some more clarity:

"You ride a single cylinder motorcycle??"

"When you're good, one is all you need." Wink

I guess that means I'm no good anymore; I've got 4 more cylinders! '08 Yamaha FJR1300 and still '01 Savage
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #27 - 09/23/13 at 22:12:29

So,...   it's a Bianchi!...

Gosh, we're good!.... we should all team up to fight crime... or something... Huh...

Undecided Undecided Undecided...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #28 - 09/23/13 at 22:42:24

Well done Honda Lavis and Signor Pescatori

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #29 - 09/24/13 at 05:04:08

I was bettin' on the Gilera.   Lips Sealed

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 12:34:30

General CategoryThe Cafe › some nice cycle photos here *nsfw*

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.