Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Google is building it slowly, one leggo at a time (Read 28 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Google is building it slowly, one leggo at a time
09/19/13 at 12:12:55

Google isn't fanatic about stuff, and they really aren't trying to kill anybody.  That would be Evil, and they try not to do that sort of stuff.

However, they like open-ness and they like progress, so they do some of it every few months just to keep the flow going.

http://liliputing.com/2013/09/google-sets-quickoffice-free-free-office-suite-...

Now, what does this mean?    I suspect that the code is going to move into Linaro and from there into all sorts of places.

I would expect some of it to land in Open Office and in Libre Office for sure, if it is actually better code than what they cooked up themselves.

For sure, any larger tablets (like some of the upcoming 21" tablets) that have intent to ease into PC space will surely carry some of this code to ease that passage.

I would suspect this would further weaken the "arm-lock" that MS has on American business, and that MS's dominance is going to erode a little faster now.  

After all, a .docx file is a .docx file is a .docx file is a .docx file .....

Wink

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Re: Google is building it slowly, one leggo at a t
Reply #1 - 09/19/13 at 12:52:13

All I can say is the sooner Bill Gates and MS can be driven out of the small business sector the happier I'll be. It's a shame so many have drank from the MS kool-aid already!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 12:25:42

General CategoryThe Cafe › Google is building it slowly, one leggo at a time

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.