Send Topic Print
Bad week! (Read 137 times)
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Bad week!
09/19/13 at 04:59:10

What a crappy week!  Just recovering from borderline pneumonia I decided to go for a short ride to this park on my bike. All the medicine they gave me caused me to fall asleep with my head on a picnic table. I awoke with like 50 mosquito bites on my arms. Decided to get the heck out of there and forgot to put on my gloves and since it was a nice day I also rode with my visor up. Had a bee sting me in the web of my fingers but the worst was at the same time a yellow jacket got jammed between my cheek and helmet and somehow ended up in my ear and stung me in the ear canal. My face looks like I have a garbage can lid for a ear and let me tell you it hurts!  In my panic I threw my helmet on the side of the road and watched it roll down the 50 ft bank into the Sandy River where it floated for about 3 seconds before it sank.  Just as well! Wouldn't fit over my swollen head now anyways. I'd have to tuck my ear lobe into my back pack to get it the helmet back on. That is if I had a helmet! Most likely a home for some fish now.  :'( :'(

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Re: Bad week!
Reply #1 - 09/19/13 at 06:06:11

OK....now that truly is f'd up... dude. Buy some lotto tickets.. you have hit bottom and are now due for some serious good luck.

Yall have no idea how these stories about bees and stinging insects scare me. I aint no sissy.. but having been stung before.. I do not like it.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 09/19/13 at 06:11:33

Stinger... Jeepers!...
What were you thinking when you chose that name?... Undecided...

Psst... cortisone cream is good for bites...  Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/19/13 at 06:55:50

feel for ya man, but at least it's all temporary stuff

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #4 - 09/19/13 at 07:24:59

You made some otherwise homeless minnows and mud bugs happy... Run over to the big stealership at PDX, get a good skid lid, and go look at the college girls hanging out at Collins Beach. You'll feel much better.

Tell the folks at the volleyball courts that the older couple with the beagle wrote you a prescription for it...  Wink We haven't been there since summer 2010, but they'll remember us...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #5 - 09/19/13 at 08:21:34

Mosquito bites ?

Hey, we have "tiger mosquitoes" here in Rome who live all year 'round!  Tongue

Note the difference with the common mosquito.

My antidote when caught out in the open with 5+ bites on legs and ankles is rubbing alcohol.

Yep! Not only will it take the itch away very quickly, the smell is also yecch! to the mosquitoes and they stay away.

Good for going to sleep with windows open, too... Wink

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
OldSport

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 09/19/13 at 10:55:31

Sorry for your woes, but I got one.  After a short ride Sunday, I was  pushing the bike up a short incline into the shop, felt a pop in my shoulder.  I could not raise my arm, hurt pretty bad too.  Diagnosis, torn rotator cuff in my left arm.  Had my right shoulder repaired two years ago, based on that it may mean 5-6 months off the bike.  I live in the southeastern USA, with Global Warming I'll miss a lot of riding, and wrenching, and working, not to mention Income!

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #7 - 09/19/13 at 16:14:35

Goodness.....

Reminds me of a sign I saw posted on the bulletin board down at the market:

LOST OUR HOUSE DOG
MOSTLY BALD BUT A FEW STRAY PATCHES OF GRAY FUR
BLIND IN LEFT EYE, MISSING RIGHT REAR LEG
DOES NOT BITE, HAS NO TEETH
ANSWERS TO THE NAME LUCKY

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #8 - 09/19/13 at 16:16:21

Stinger, did the "near pneumonia" thing involve endless prolonged coughing spasms?

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #9 - 09/19/13 at 20:01:37

Going for a ride is rejuvenating, BUT, riding when youre really crapped out is an invitation to a crash,, Thats how I wrecked my Guzzi,, I was so pooped & frazzled I was not even on the rightr road..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #10 - 09/19/13 at 20:18:51

Tape some Benedryl tablets somewhere on your bike. With all the mosquito bites and stings you're lucky you didn't have an allergic reaction. You can live 40 years and not be allercgic to bee stings and then one day, ouch. It happened. Is easy to find a place inside the battery cover to tape pain killers, benedryl, band aids, 81mg aspirin and such. Could save your life. I had one allergic reaction and just made it to the emergency room with my throat almost swelled shut. Scary feeling. I've had a heart attack but I was at work and they had 81mg aspirin and nitro pills. The places I like to ride rarely even have a country store.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #11 - 09/19/13 at 20:40:34

jcstokes wrote on 09/19/13 at 16:16:21:
Stinger, did the "near pneumonia" thing involve endless prolonged coughing spasms?

What, is NZ having a whooping cough epidemic as well? It's killing people in the USA...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #12 - 09/19/13 at 21:06:42

Dunno if it's whooping cough but there's quite a few here with something like that. I was inoculated against whooping cough as an infant. but I get two hour spasms at night.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #13 - 09/19/13 at 21:13:47

Late pollen bloom here, Round-up resistant pigweed. Stuff gets 10 feet tall and dumps pollen by the bushel. Feel like my head is going to pop, Loratidine doesn't help much...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #14 - 09/19/13 at 22:57:16

No response from Stinger yet...