Send Topic Print
2009 Yamaha FZ6-R (Read 92 times)
ylwf3vr

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Oahu, Hawaii
2009 Yamaha FZ6-R
09/17/13 at 13:50:38

Well, checked out the C-50 and I looked like a stick figure on there.  Lol was little too big for my frame..

I did find 2009 Yamaha FZ6-R with about 8000 miles for a good price and jumped on it.  

Hard cases will come off for regular riding, and the seller spent about $400 at the dealer getting the 8000 mile tune-up before I get to pick it up.

Savage is a good bike.. nimble and awesome MPG.  But the cruiser just wasn't for me... lol

FZ6R.jpg

2007 S-40: Dyna Muffler, Raptor, K&N Air Filter, everything else stock
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Re: 2009 Yamaha FZ6-R
Reply #1 - 09/17/13 at 14:25:19

Congratz!

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/17/13 at 20:15:18

cool!  my favorite color too!  should be a good ride

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #3 - 09/18/13 at 08:30:19

Congrats!

Now, do you have any idea what the logo on the side means?  Undecided

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #4 - 09/18/13 at 10:13:35

Heh, it probably reads, "this guy is a squid" rofl  Grin

I wouldn't have someone put a foreign language on my bike unless I could read it and understand it first.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #5 - 09/18/13 at 10:43:23

old_rider wrote on 09/18/13 at 10:13:35:
Heh, it probably reads, "this guy is a squid" rofl  Grin

I wouldn't have someone put a foreign language on my bike unless I could read it and understand it first.

One of the fellow workers in my office had a small red and white sign that had chinese characters printed on a glass panel.  He told a fellow worker that ask.....that it was his name in chinese characters.  One day they had a chinese man come through and the other office worker proudly showed him the sign and told him it was Jerry's name....and the fellow laughed.  The sign actuallyl said "PLEASE FLUSH AFTER USING".

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
fsfishnchips
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 09/18/13 at 11:05:45

EJID wrote on 09/18/13 at 08:30:19:
Congrats!

Now, do you have any idea what the logo on the side means?  Undecided

its says "Pure", kind of weird on a yellow bike to a Chinese person  Embarrassed

IP Logged
ylwf3vr

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Oahu, Hawaii
Reply #7 - 09/18/13 at 12:25:29

Cheesy yes one side says PURE and other side has POWER in Japanese characters.

I would take it off but I'm Korean lol. I had yellow car before and my Daytona was yellow as well. So both had license plates "ylwf3vr". Hence my screen name.

Grin so ill just keep it on. Most people see Asian and Asian.. Don't differentiate between Korean, Chinese, Japanese, etc.

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #8 - 09/19/13 at 00:31:58

ylwf3vr wrote on 09/18/13 at 12:25:29:
. Most people see Asian and Asian.. Don't differentiate between Korean, Chinese, Japanese, etc.

Yeah... wish folks would change...and just see a person. Politically corrective-ness sux... but ya know, how the heck can you explain to someone that Jack is a little Asian guy and you never thought to ask how he wanted you to explain who he was? Most people I meet just say " hiya i'm terry" or "hi i'm marie" and whenever I say yeah I know terry and marie...and someone says "who are they?" ummmm well.... If you describe them physically, yer likely to get boo'ed or looked at funny and if you try to guess their race...you get politically corrected....guess i'll never be right.... I'll just say " well if you don't know Jack, then wait till you meet him". Grin Grin

Made a friend in Japan while I was stationed there. Buddy and me were drinking some beer on the sea wall in Okinawa, some local dudes (about 6 of them) came up and asked about our music, in hacked up English. Well we offered some beer and let them rustle through our tapes. Discussion turned to i'd like to learn a little bit of English, and my buddy started pointing to his nose and saying "thingy", ear "girl thingy", I whacked him on the arm and said "hey that aint' right!, don't disrespect these guys, they are just out having fun like we are", that got a chuckle from one of them, he pointed at me and motioned to the side. In plain English he says " would you like to come over to my house tomorrow? I am having a get together and would like some of my friends to meet a real American" turned out to be a great week, met a great bunch of friends and got to see how a real Japanese dojo was run Smiley

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #9 - 09/19/13 at 00:38:57

Oh and by the way, don't get rid of the savage! There are times when you might want to ride it rather than ride the sport bike. How do I know this?? I ride this too and change out with the wife to ride the savage...

They make a good pair!

IP Logged
ylwf3vr

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Oahu, Hawaii
Reply #10 - 09/19/13 at 11:56:14

old_rider wrote on 09/19/13 at 00:31:58:
ylwf3vr wrote on 09/18/13 at 12:25:29:
. Most people see Asian and Asian.. Don't differentiate between Korean, Chinese, Japanese, etc.

Yeah... wish folks would change...and just see a person. Politically corrective-ness sux... but ya know, how the heck can you explain to someone that Jack is a little Asian guy and you never thought to ask how he wanted you to explain who he was? Most people I meet just say " hiya i'm terry" or "hi i'm marie" and whenever I say yeah I know terry and marie...and someone says "who are they?" ummmm well.... If you describe them physically, yer likely to get boo'ed or looked at funny and if you try to guess their race...you get politically corrected....guess i'll never be right.... I'll just say " well if you don't know Jack, then wait till you meet him". Grin Grin

Made a friend in Japan while I was stationed there. Buddy and me were drinking some beer on the sea wall in Okinawa, some local dudes (about 6 of them) came up and asked about our music, in hacked up English. Well we offered some beer and let them rustle through our tapes. Discussion turned to i'd like to learn a little bit of English, and my buddy started pointing to his nose and saying "thingy", ear "girl thingy", I whacked him on the arm and said "hey that aint' right!, don't disrespect these guys, they are just out having fun like we are", that got a chuckle from one of them, he pointed at me and motioned to the side. In plain English he says " would you like to come over to my house tomorrow? I am having a get together and would like some of my friends to meet a real American" turned out to be a great week, met a great bunch of friends and got to see how a real Japanese dojo was run Smiley

Good story.. lol I was stationed in Korea and went to Japan on an exercise.  Would love to be stationed there.. thanks for sharing!

IP Logged
ylwf3vr

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Oahu, Hawaii
Reply #11 - 09/19/13 at 11:56:49

old_rider wrote on 09/19/13 at 00:38:57:
Oh and by the way, don't get rid of the savage! There are times when you might want to ride it rather than ride the sport bike. How do I know this?? I ride this too and change out with the wife to ride the savage...

http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b471/Orphistle/Ninja%20300/G2253a.jpg

They make a good pair!

http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b471/Orphistle/Suzuki%20Savage/DSCF2034.jpg

THUMBSUP!  I'm trying to get my wife to learn how to ride and she can use the Savage but money does sound good lol

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 14:28:04

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2009 Yamaha FZ6-R

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.