Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Crankcase/Tranny Main Center Gasket? (Read 51 times)
SimeonC

Tha-Tha-Tha
Thumper!!

Alabama
Crankcase/Tranny Main Center Gasket?
09/16/13 at 17:55:48

Hey yall I been makin more progress on the disassembly of my 2011 s40 and I think I may have ran into a problem... I loosened a couple of the engine mount bolts in preparation to remove the engine and begin disassembly for modification... particularly one in the front that runs through the very bottom of the transmission housing (pictured). I came back the next day and it seems to be slowly (very slowly) dripping oil from that hole that the bolt runs through (it has never leaked before) and I was wondering if I may have somehow ruptured that gasket or is that a normal side effect of the loosening of those bolts?? and if that gasket is ruptured does anyone know of a site to get a complete gasket set for the ls650??   Huh

20130915_183458.jpg

ALL GAS EYELID-FLIPPER!!
GO-BABY-GO!!
  IP Logged
SimeonC

Tha-Tha-Tha
Thumper!!

Alabama
Re: Crankcase/Tranny Main Center Gasket?
Reply #1 - 09/16/13 at 17:57:47

Sorry about the picture being sideways guys the website wont let me post it right side up no matter what way I turn it!!  Angry

ALL GAS EYELID-FLIPPER!!
GO-BABY-GO!!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 09/16/13 at 18:00:07

There is no center gasket.  The engine is assembled with a sealer between the cases.

It is common for the engine to leak when you loosen or remove the front engine mount bolts.  Put the bolt back in as soon as you can and tighten it up.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
SimeonC

Tha-Tha-Tha
Thumper!!

Alabama
Reply #3 - 09/16/13 at 18:14:23

will it damage that seal? and if so how can I keep from damaging the seal while I have it out working on it because the bolts are too long once the engine is removed from the frame... I can tell by the pattern of the material that it is covered by some sort of liquid gasket adhesive but I didn't know if that was simply an additive over a steel gasket or the whole seal itself but I was asking about the gasket set because I will have to replace the cover gaskets anyway so does anyone know where I can order some???

ALL GAS EYELID-FLIPPER!!
GO-BABY-GO!!
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #4 - 09/16/13 at 18:35:32

There are several online parts/accessories vendors where you can get the gaskets. I use this one, but there are others:

http://www.bikebandit.com/

As far as the bolts go - you can put them back in and take up the space with a stack of washers or a piece of pipe cut to the correct length, but if you're not going to have the motor out for too long I don't think you need to worry about the seal. It shouldn't leak once everything is back together and tightened up.

IP Logged
SimeonC

Tha-Tha-Tha
Thumper!!

Alabama
Reply #5 - 09/16/13 at 18:55:48

Gotcha thanks man yall are awesome I really appreciate the help!!!

ALL GAS EYELID-FLIPPER!!
GO-BABY-GO!!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 15:30:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Crankcase/Tranny Main Center Gasket?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.