Send Topic Print
Shooting in D.C. (Read 314 times)
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Re: Shooting in D.C.
Reply #30 - 09/21/13 at 15:01:39

"Its always the weapon and never the shooter" Thank you Jerry. I mentioned in a previous post if a gun wasnt available, he had a gate pass and could have drove a van loaded with fertilizer through the gate. Mental illness is a hard disease to treat and each individual case is usually different. It seems barbaric to lock these people up but usually there's only 2 choices, padded cell or give them so many downers they don't know what planet they are on. The bought and paid for news media acts like mass shootings are something new and guns are causing it. The largest mass shooting ever took place in the 40's and 40 some people died.. I'm not a Dr but people need to take more responsibility for the actions of family members and pay more attention to whats going on around them and not blame it on a gun. The Navy, Law Enforcement and his mother knew the guy was sick but no one cared enough to intervene. Who is really at fault? The gun is just a machine.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #31 - 09/21/13 at 15:08:59

Midnight -
It's far tougher to intervene today.  Nationwide we have eased up on involuntary commitments, closed mental institutions, and here in Ohio, we even had a "mental patient's bill of rights" passed some years ago.

Just a part of the increasing liberalization of so-called "rights".  While there certainly were abuses in the past, we need to do something to protect society from lunatics before, not after, they cause havoc.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #32 - 09/21/13 at 22:31:04

What part of The COPSCalled &WARNED the Navy is beyond you guys?
IMO, he should have been arrested & jailed long before this. How many of you think you could fire a round into a neighbors apartment & not go to jail? Shoot tires out on a car lately,anyone? Anyone here think youd walk if you did?>

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 09/22/13 at 03:59:59

Happens all the time Jog. Read the crime report of any major US city.
There is no conspiracy here, just blatant incompetence / apathy on the part of those in the criminal justice system who deal with dozens and dozens of people like this everyday. Remember, just a little while before the Columbine shootings, one of the killers, Harris I think it was, finished a probation program where it was noted after he completed the course that "he was a bright young man and would go one to have a happy and successful life."

Everyday, killers are arrested and if you look back through their rap sheet, all you can do is say holy cow, here is where he should have been put away, or here, or here...... These rap sheets are a mile long.

It's Sunday morning around 6 am as I write this and I'm in Kansas City. When I get back home to St. Louis this afternoon and read the paper, someone will have been murdered Saturday night. I guarantee you, the killer would have been arrested at least once before for some other violent act like robbery or assault. Guarantee you.  Does the fact he was allowed to walk the streets last night and kill someone mean there's some type of conspiracy? No. It means an overloaded police force and judicial system who have become accustomed to letting violent offenders walk until they do something so extreme, like murder, only then do they lock them away.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #34 - 09/22/13 at 07:41:22

Happens all thew TIME? Crap,, This guy hada security clearance. The cops CALLED the Navy &reported him,, But,Okay,, Ill believe its your way
Assoon as I see someone in the Navy severely disciplined.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 09/22/13 at 11:46:05

Don't hold your breath waiting for that..... Our Ambassador got killed and the woman responsible is going to run for President....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #36 - 09/22/13 at 12:39:18

Run? She isnt "Running",, She stepped aside at therequest of her masters, the global elite, for Bammy toi be handed it,, She IS the next pres,.no matter who runs against her,,BUT, I can assure you, she will not be facing anyone who has a chance. Our candidates are selected inb such a way as to assure the outcome & SHOULD someone accidentally win, the votes Are countewd by machines owned & operated by the same criminals, so,, we Get who They want us to have,

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #37 - 09/26/13 at 10:44:33

I think a lot of the south and southwest will vote GOP this time because the Dem's have pissed everyone I know of over the gun deal. Americans are supposed to be free and since Obama's watch began we've lost a lot of freedom and its still going on. The dems haven't created enough jobs to matter no matter what they tell you. They've raised the debt to unrealistic levels but the trouble with the GOP is they run clowns or someone like Paul Ryan who is pure evil. I read 2 days ago(i'm not gonna paste it because I'm unsure of the website) Obama has been caught in 254 official lies. I'm ready for a lot of changes but Washington would have to be cleaned out for that to happen. No one in Washington is going to represent or look out for us until we scare them like our forefathers wanted.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #38 - 09/26/13 at 19:23:43

Quote:
I think a lot of the south and southwest will vote GOP this time ...

A lot of them voted GOP last time. Fat lot of good it did.

http://www.politico.com/2012-election/map/#/President/2012/

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #39 - 09/27/13 at 07:56:54

OS Let me say a lot more will vote GOP than last time. You try to take any of my possesions away I bought and paid for and there's gonna be a fight. I'm a walking dead man with the diseases I have and I aint got a dam thing to lose. I know I'm gonna die any day, that can make a man dangerous.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #40 - 09/27/13 at 08:21:19

Quote:
OS Let me say a lot more will vote GOP than last time

You may be right. I hope you are. But I just don't think the next election will turn out much different from the last one. There are only a few states that really matter in presidential elections, and the GOP isn't likely to do any better in those places next time around. In fact I expect Fla. and Virginia to switch from being possible swing states to being pretty reliable Dem states in future national elections. That's pretty much going to sink the GOP's chances of winning the White House IMO.

I hope I'm wrong. But that's the way things look to me.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #41 - 09/27/13 at 10:56:43

OS I hope yo're wrong to, I just cant see anyone vote for Hillary but I'm sure they will. The Pubs are gonna have to quit picking out clowns to run or they're gonna disappear.

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #42 - 09/27/13 at 11:08:12

Midnight -
Of course, 2016 is a long way off, and lots will happen between now and then.

Historically in the last 40 years, former governors have done quite well in presidential elections - they are out of and above the fray of Washington politics.

Carter, former governor of Georgia, elected in 1976.
Reagan, former governor of California, elected in 1980.
Clinton, former governor of Arkansas, elected in 1992.
GWB, former governor of Texas, elected in 2000.

Romney is the only former governor since the 1970s to lose.

So, my bet at this very early stage is Hillary vs. some former Republican governor.  Maybe Rick Perry, maybe Jeb Bush, maybe our own John Kasich from Ohio.  A former governor doesn't have the baggage that a Senator or Congressman will have.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #43 - 09/27/13 at 14:22:07

Aint gonna make a hoot how many vote GOP. The GOP will continue the same policies, Just as Bammy has followed in bushes footsteps. OUr electeds dont set policy, they follow orders. The unelected are running this country. You guys dont remember Hillary talking about how nice it is having the CFR located in DC? Ill paraphrase
We dont have to go too far to be told what we should be doing,

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #44 - 09/27/13 at 23:19:02

Jerry, Rick Perry is one of the clowns I'm talking about. My opinion is he's almost an embarrassment. I don't know a lot about the Republican govenors, I'm a registered Democrat because of George Bush's war but that can change. I've said it before, Palin, Michelle Bachman, Herman Caine, Rick sleeveless sweaters, they're almost an embarrassment to the country. No matter how good you think Romney would have been that 42% remark was idiotic and I think that cost him a lot of votes. To make it fair the Dem's have some LULU's too but they haven't gone as far in politics as the Pub's I've listed. Paul Ryan is evil. He hates people like me who cant fend for themselves even though I worked and made and paid a lot of money into the system. Got a workers permit when I was 12 and started paying SS. As long as I was in school,no taxes but they took out SS. I had to go out on disability when I was 55. I believe I deserve the little check I get every month. Its no longer SS, its a government benefit.If Ryan and Hillary runs I'll write in my dog. I pray every night Ron Pauls son, Rand would learn something from Dad but the more he opens his mouth the worse it gets, he's got a lot of racial baggage. Jerry you're right, its a long time until 2016. I hope we're not Chinese by then.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/08/24 at 03:47:04

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Shooting in D.C.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.