Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Darned weather people can't tell time (Read 29 times)
terpfan1980

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Near DC
Darned weather people can't tell time
09/16/13 at 11:13:29

Got good and soaked this a.m. compliments of weather people that forecast that the so-called fast mover was gonna drop rain *after* a certain period, but instead, mother nature determined that an earlier start time was more appropriate.  Argh.

Riding in the rain wasn't that bad, but the squish, squish, squish that I was left with in the form of soaked soaks and shoes wasn't much fun.

On the plus side, I now have extra socks at my desk at work for the next time I find myself caught in a downpour, along with a new pair of shoes that will also function in an emergency if needed. Tongue

Sheesh, it had been a lot of years since I last rode any significant distance in the rain.  (I used to ride pretty much full time back in the late 80's, but got away from it over time)

I really don't mind riding in the rain, though I must admit having feet that are sitting in their own pools of water is no fun.  Weather proof footwear is gonna be on my shopping list soon. Smiley

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: Darned weather people can't tell time
Reply #1 - 09/16/13 at 11:53:46

Tour Master boot covers. Work great, fit in a tool roll until needed, with room for your tools as well.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Re: Darned weather people can't tell time
Reply #2 - 09/16/13 at 18:05:44

Remember that the term "waterproof" usually means that, once the water has gotten in, it can't get back out.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 14:36:39

General CategoryThe Cafe › Darned weather people can't tell time

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.