Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Recommendation for light helmet for my wify... (Read 157 times)
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Re: Recommendation for light helmet for my wify...
Reply #15 - 09/15/13 at 22:16:27

Paladin. wrote on 09/15/13 at 07:49:37:
old_rider wrote on 09/14/13 at 20:24:39:
Your average new style helmet is 3-4 lbs... If she can't take 3 lbs on her head putting a downpressure  on her neck then you are not going to get her on a bike.

Even the lightest of the light are about 2.75 lbs, anything less than that isn't safety approved.

My Daytona half helmet is 1.52 lbs.  The CHP accepts it as being "safety approved."  It meets or exceeds the DOT requirements.

Don't know which one you got but, this is their half helmet, it is 2.85lbs
https://www.denniskirk.com/3305532M.sku?utm_source=pricegrabber&utm_medium=cse

and I thought they were talking full face....not sure now... Sad

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #16 - 09/20/13 at 20:06:48

old_rider wrote on 09/15/13 at 22:16:27:
Paladin. wrote on 09/15/13 at 07:49:37:
old_rider wrote on 09/14/13 at 20:24:39:
Your average new style helmet is 3-4 lbs... If she can't take 3 lbs on her head putting a downpressure  on her neck then you are not going to get her on a bike.

Even the lightest of the light are about 2.75 lbs, anything less than that isn't safety approved.

My Daytona half helmet is 1.52 lbs.  The CHP accepts it as being "safety approved."  It meets or exceeds the DOT requirements.

Don't know which one you got but, this is their half helmet, it is 2.85lbs
https://www.denniskirk.com/3305532M.sku?utm_source=pricegrabber&utm_medium=cse

and I thought they were talking full face....not sure now... Sad

Which is why I use primary sources, for a Daytona Helmet : http://www.daytonahelmets.com/page_4297_69/d.o.t.-daytona-skull-cap-wo-visor-... and http://www.daytonahelmets.com/page_1458_66/d.o.t.-daytona-skull-cap-wo-visor-...

I weighed my helmet and it is close to the claimed 1.54 pounds.  Dennis Kirk has some problems.  They sent me a windscreen for my scooter that could not fit in the box -- so they folded it in half.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 09/21/13 at 08:39:35

They sent me a windscreen for my scooter that could not fit in the box -- so they folded it in half.

OOOkay,, someone was havin aREAL bad day.. Dang, Paladin,, thats just Insane!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #18 - 09/21/13 at 10:26:24

Yeah I went to the Daytona site but couldn't find the weight there, thought i'd look on other sites, guess Daytona hasn't seen the DenisKirk is misrepresenting their product. Maybe someone should point that out to them..

Folded In half?? wow....  Angry

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #19 - 09/21/13 at 23:14:17

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/21/13 at 08:39:35:
They sent me a windscreen for my scooter that could not fit in the box -- so they folded it in half.

OOOkay,, someone was havin aREAL bad day.. Dang, Paladin,, thats just Insane!

No, it is a thing about selling an product you don't have in stock and keeping the customer's money for four months.  See images.

I got the helmet from Dennis Kirk via eBay, best price.  The tracking info said it was delivered, I never got it. Dennis Kirk sent a second.  You win some, lose some, some are rained out.  I will still deal with them -- they have a brick and mortar and have to be honest since anyone can make a Molotov Cocktail.  

WWW   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #20 - 09/21/13 at 23:45:48

old_rider wrote on 09/21/13 at 10:26:24:
Yeah I went to the Daytona site but couldn't find the weight there ....
Dayton Helmet's site, click on [Dimensions].  The $150 Carbon Fiber helmet is only 0.04 pounds heavier than the $56 helmet I bought.
I hate helmets, but this one is the light, not too expensive, and the curve does not try to lift the helmet at speed.

WWW   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #21 - 09/22/13 at 00:29:25

Paladin. wrote on 09/21/13 at 23:45:48:
old_rider wrote on 09/21/13 at 10:26:24:
Yeah I went to the Daytona site but couldn't find the weight there ....
Dayton Helmet's site, click on [Dimensions].  The $150 Carbon Fiber helmet is only 0.04 pounds heavier than the $56 helmet I bought.
I hate helmets, but this one is the light, not too expensive, and the curve does not try to lift the helmet at speed.

Yup, there it is, thanks.... i'm sure the OP will like to see those figures, they have XS too!  my wife is now wanting to find a dealer that carries those helmets, me too! I have a herniated C5 and the heavier helmets make my neck crack after about ten minutes of leaning forward, LOL, if I have my mouth open you can actually hear it POP!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 12:32:36

General CategoryThe Cafe › Recommendation for light helmet for my wify...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.