Send Topic Print
sidestand switch (Read 449 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: sidestand switch
Reply #15 - 09/13/13 at 20:23:04

You mean  like always putting the stand up?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #16 - 09/13/13 at 20:59:20

Boofer wrote on 09/13/13 at 18:29:10:
A guy who used to ride with my cousin tried a fast left hander with his stand down not far from his home on a Honda and had to under go leg and shoulder surgery--not to mention missing over a month of work. I am definitely not for a nanny state, but some things just make sense to me.  Smiley

A guy I used to work with had a V-max.  He was in a left-hand turn too, and had to have shoulder surgery.  He was given wrong directions for where to turn left, and he hit the curb.  I don't like the nanny state either, but we really do have to get better directions for people.  Expanding NHTSA to include,.. nay,.. REQUIRE approved directions for all trips, no matter how long or short, just makes sense to me.

« Last Edit: 09/16/13 at 05:38:33 by Gyrobob »  

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #17 - 09/13/13 at 21:16:40

Heck, man, thats Easy! Just demand everyone have a GPS..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #18 - 09/13/13 at 22:32:49

In all my years I've never ever left the sidestand down...
I learned that from my first bicycle when I was 5...

Do you mean to tell me there are people learning to ride motorcycles that can't ride a bicycle?...
Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #19 - 09/14/13 at 04:33:04

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/13/13 at 21:16:40:
Heck, man, thats Easy! Just demand everyone have a GPS..

Then people will be crashing into stationery objects while staring at or programming the GPS.

Maybe we could have the GPS flash out a reminder to raise the sidestand everytime it powers up, eh?

Another thought, let's just have the SCHLIB ban sidestands.  Only centerstands would be allowed.  Oh, wait,...

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #20 - 09/14/13 at 06:38:49

Why not take it one step further. Every new motorcyls should come equiped with a government approved, trained and funded driver. Owner would only be allowed to ride as a passenger. That way no one could do anything stupid or unsafe. By my calculations it would only add a couple of hundred thousand dollars to the MSRP. But hey -"if it saves just one life...."

IP Logged
Boogieman

Bang! Bang!

NORCAL
Reply #21 - 09/15/13 at 12:47:14

I've taken as much of that nonsense off my bike as possible. That side stand thingy was the first to go. No speedometer, no fuel gauge, no lights other than head light and brake, no rear fender made from a friggin' sherman tank, no front fender, no weird fairings, no special little brackets to hide your purse... its all crap.

'03 LS 650 bobber - Highly modified...crashed it.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #22 - 09/15/13 at 19:31:14

But I Rawther Lyke  my purse brackets..

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #23 - 09/16/13 at 05:37:12

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/15/13 at 19:31:14:
But I Rawther Lyke  my purse brackets..

Steady on, there, JOG!  Some things are better left unsaid.

IP Logged
Steddy58

Ooops I did it again

Liverpool UK
Reply #24 - 09/16/13 at 06:17:07

Many thanks lads for the replies,although safety is important I know some people like to remove what they think is extraneous nonsense but as I've just gone and still going through a bad ankle smash-up ( not sidestand related - but still my "dumb-ass " fault  Grin ) I think I'll still keep it anyway ( if it works ) but your bike is your bike you do to it what you want thats why its called possession -you own it, and nobody can tell you what you should do with it ( bloody government excepted ) cheers again for help and opinions ,Steph

" In all my years I've never ever left the sidestand down...
I learned that from my first bicycle when I was 5...

Do you mean to tell me there are people learning to ride motorcycles that can't ride a bicycle?...
Huh... "

Serobot you had a sidestand on your pushbike man? There's posh innit   Smiley

1988 sav, mikuni vm36 carb (lancer),high comp piston, racing cam, raptor petcock, self-made exhaust, delkevic silencer (ryca header), K&N air filter, 48,000 miles
  IP Logged
deejaysham

Have fun, don't get
hurt

Reply #25 - 09/16/13 at 14:50:52

I read this post and saw this video later the same night... seemed like they belong together:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtb1as36j2Q

2009 Red/White S40, Pirelli MT66 Tires, Corbin Seat, Dyna Exhaust, Routy Forward Controls
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #26 - 09/16/13 at 16:18:01

deejaysham wrote on 09/16/13 at 14:50:52:
I read this post and saw this video later the same night... seemed like they belong together:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtb1as36j2Q

Heh ! I guess that answers my question about whether the stand would just fold up.

That looks like a pretty new bike. Disabled switch? Or is that feature actually not mandatory from the mfr.?

IP Logged
Steddy58

Ooops I did it again

Liverpool UK
Reply #27 - 09/21/13 at 11:01:44

Hi,just a quick update on side-stand switch issue - to be honest the reason I asked the original question is the bike has to go for an MOT. I dont know how it works in the land of the free and the home of the brave  (and long may it remain so) but in the UK if your bike is over three years old you have to take it to a certified ( by the gov. ) mechanics shop to have it checked for road worthiness etc and with most things if its on the bike it has to work  indicators etc,if you dont have them its ok , Anyway if your bike fails this test its a pain cos its illegal to ride without an MOT so to cut a long story even longer,I've had a quickl look and the switch has been taken off by previous owner anyway so its ok to take it to the MOT centre, sorry for going on and on....and on ,cheers all Steph

1988 sav, mikuni vm36 carb (lancer),high comp piston, racing cam, raptor petcock, self-made exhaust, delkevic silencer (ryca header), K&N air filter, 48,000 miles
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #28 - 09/21/13 at 20:13:25

MOT? Bleah...

Foggy old (London), soggy old (rest of the island), NZ, Australia or Ireland?

Just curious, since I have relatives in England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales... in order Rainer (Southampton) Ross (Highlands) Owens/McKeown/McGowan (County Sligo) and Owens/McKeown (no frigging clue how to spell or pronounce where they are from).

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Steddy58

Ooops I did it again

Liverpool UK
Reply #29 - 09/22/13 at 13:54:29

Liverpool (gods own people), England for my sins, Southampton is on the south coast, I'm about 300 miles up and about 80 miles or so left,I know thats a drive to the mall and back in the USA Smiley but in the tiny islands of Britain theres probably 35  or 40 million people between here and there. As for place names in Wales I have family who live in Caergwrle which is pronounced Ki-girly - its all consonants and double l's most of the time, anyway WD sorry but dont really know too much about the places your family live,cheers mate,Steph

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/18/24 at 05:55:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › sidestand switch

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.