Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
2 Million M/C to DC (Read 74 times)
HAPPYDAN

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

2 Million M/C to DC
09/10/13 at 16:36:42

US News and World Report estimates 2 million motorcycles are headed to WA DC for a ride-thru of the city 9/11/13. First I've heard of this. Any of you plan on attending? I couldn't possibly make it there in time.

IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Re: 2 Million M/C to DC
Reply #1 - 09/10/13 at 19:39:51

First I've heard of it too.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
HondaLavis

It's nothing
personal; the other
one came first.

Plano, TX
Reply #2 - 09/10/13 at 21:01:37

I've heard a lot about it in the news.  Of all the bikers I know, none of them are going.  I'd assume it's mostly East coast bikers close to DC.

"You ride a single cylinder motorcycle??"

"When you're good, one is all you need." Wink

I guess that means I'm no good anymore; I've got 4 more cylinders! '08 Yamaha FJR1300 and still '01 Savage
  IP Logged
tarkm812
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Long Island
Reply #3 - 09/11/13 at 06:21:59

Read that the organizers were denied a permit that would have allowed them to ride nonstop through city and would have made the ride less disruptive of city business.  Seems they are going on with ride but now will take all day since they will follow all traffic rules. Don't need a permit just to ride. Sidenote is that this is the day the million muslim march was granted their permit to organize. Word is they only have a few hundred marchers.  The diss on the permit has stirred up some resentment and there is talk of thousands of riders participating. Last I read was 84,000!?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 09/11/13 at 07:18:04

When the Pres rolls thru town everything shuts down,, let the PEOPLE ride,
Permit schmermit, the Big C is the PERMIT

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #5 - 09/11/13 at 19:47:40

Just found out last night that Bishop Dan,the pastor of a local church...Hearts of Fire Church in Louisville Kentucky....and a dedicated biker and rightous brother,was selected to help lead the ride and represent USA riders. He was in NYC on 9/11/01 and stayed there for quite a while volunteering to minister to the victims and emergency  personnel.

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 14:34:17

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2 Million M/C to DC

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.