Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My baby is gone... not the savage (Read 63 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
My baby is gone... not the savage
09/09/13 at 07:51:17

In the summer of 2003 I bought a 1965 thunderbird, in very poor condition. It was my plan to fix it up, have something to drive on sundays.. local car shows...

By 2010, the car was mechanically perfect. New engine, rebuilt trans, all new fuel system, brake system, the front lower suspension took two weeks and $700 in parts ( all my labor) ... All that was needed was paint and slight body work. I found a guy to put in new front floor boards and advanced him the $700. Nothing. Two years later I called him for the last time to say I was calling the sheriff... he told me where the car was. I had to pay $400 to got towed home. It has sat outside, been eaten by rats, tag stolen . battery stolen.. and fender wrecked...

It sat back in my garage for another year or so.. I have not touched it. I sold it Saturday. The Tbird is gone.

Tbird waiting to get her new 390 engine. happy days

Powdercoat and stainless bolts throughout.

Me and the engine. I payed a shop to drop it in.

My daughter posing and driving the tbird.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: My baby is gone... not the savage
Reply #1 - 09/09/13 at 09:51:38

Sorry,...
I had a very similar experience with a 69' Mustang...
A lot of work, money, and time,... and got screwed over...
It breaks your heart,.. but sometimes you just have to let go and move ahead...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #2 - 09/09/13 at 10:12:35

Old Tbirds are on my short list of favorite old cars!  Sorry that such a sweet sounding story turned out sadly.  And 2 years??  Wow, you are much more patient than I am....  

I also went through a rebuild...  with a 65 Mustang.  After all was said and done, it wasn't nearly as fun to drive as I had hoped when we bought it.

On to a new project.  What's next for you, now that you have it out of your garage?

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #3 - 09/09/13 at 11:52:51

babyhog wrote on 09/09/13 at 10:12:35:
Old Tbirds are on my short list of favorite old cars!  Sorry that such a sweet sounding story turned out sadly.  And 2 years??  Wow, you are much more patient than I am....  

I also went through a rebuild...  with a 65 Mustang.  After all was said and done, it wasn't nearly as fun to drive as I had hoped when we bought it.

On to a new project.  What's next for you, now that you have it out of your garage?

That was probably it for me.

I have a buddy with two non-running Ferrari 308's. Big ole V-12 motors. If HE can afford the parts.. I would love to tinker with those!
We also co-own a 1998 Jag with something wrong with the in-line 6. Problem is all those cars got hail storm damage... so even if I got one running the bodywork would be more than the value.
I should find an old truck ... something I don't care how it looks and without all the power gizmos... Now that I am a bit older... working in the heat and cold.. isn't so much fun as it use to be.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 14:39:16

General CategoryThe Cafe › My baby is gone... not the savage

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.