Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
best ventilating helmet ? (Read 79 times)
fsfishnchips
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

best ventilating helmet ?
09/08/13 at 16:06:48

Hi I have a HJC IS-MAX BT,
http://hjchelmets.com/hjca/ismaxbt_sprint

don't really feel overheat, but I notice there is no rush of "cool air" in my head unless I tilt into a "sport" riding position. But I realize on S40 it decreases by reaction time, I almost crashed a few times..

I'm thinking about getting a helmet that vents better,so far saw some helmets that looks like will vent lots of air at "up-right" riding position:

nolan N44
http://www.revzilla.com/nolan-n44-helmet

icon airmada
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/icon-airmada-rubatone-helmet

shark raw
http://www.revzilla.com/shark-raw-helmets

what are your thoughts?

IP Logged
mjs3790225

Finally making a
presence!

Orlando, Fl
Re: best ventilating helmet ?
Reply #1 - 09/08/13 at 18:21:59

No idea. I have a Shoei Qwest. I don't get hot, but I don't feel anything moving around in my helmet either. Might be because I have a wind screen. Sitting at traffic lights I do crack open the visor though. That might have something to do with the Florida sun = P

1996 LS650 - University of Central Florida

Complete: Raptor, Dyna, Carb rejet, Seat cover, Cam Chain, HID lamp, front pulley, plug leak

MPGs please
  IP Logged
mjs3790225

Finally making a
presence!

Orlando, Fl
Reply #2 - 09/08/13 at 18:23:27

Maybe check out one of those sites that sell lots of motorcycle stuff. Cyclegear usually has tons of great reviews.

Complete: Raptor, Dyna, Carb rejet, Seat cover, Cam Chain, HID lamp, front pulley, plug leak

MPGs please
  IP Logged
sesamestreet

Mississauga
Reply #3 - 09/08/13 at 20:05:42

I just bought a bell revolution evo (modular) and it's awesome. definitely vents with the chin up  Cheesy

IP Logged
HondaLavis

It's nothing
personal; the other
one came first.

Plano, TX
Reply #4 - 09/08/13 at 20:36:57

I've got an HJC IS-33.  http://hjchelmets.com/hjca/is33_is33solid  Great helmet, vents well - obviously, being a 3/4 helmet - and I still feel protected.  If I land on my chin, am I going to break it?  Yeah, maybe.  The majority of my noggin is protected, and it vents pretty well, even in the central Texas heat/humidity.  Plus it has a tinted visor as a secondary, so you don't have to worry about changing out face shields.   Cool

When I got it, the guy I was working with steered me clear of the bell revolver modular helmets.  The Bells were on sale, so both helmets were around the same price.  He said they were noisier due to the cheek seals and that they had problems with the chins popping off, basically being ineffective in a crash.  Not sure if there is much merit to it, but he seemed like an honest guy - even for a salesman.

"You ride a single cylinder motorcycle??"

"When you're good, one is all you need." Wink

I guess that means I'm no good anymore; I've got 4 more cylinders! '08 Yamaha FJR1300 and still '01 Savage
  IP Logged
ylwf3vr

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Oahu, Hawaii
Reply #5 - 09/08/13 at 20:42:52

I've only had Scoripon Helmets. Ventilation seems good to me.. Just bought a Bell Drifter for around the block rides.

2007 S-40: Dyna Muffler, Raptor, K&N Air Filter, everything else stock
  IP Logged
sesamestreet

Mississauga
Reply #6 - 09/08/13 at 21:28:47

HondaLavis wrote on 09/08/13 at 20:36:57:
I've got an HJC IS-33.  http://hjchelmets.com/hjca/is33_is33solid  Great helmet, vents well - obviously, being a 3/4 helmet - and I still feel protected.  If I land on my chin, am I going to break it?  Yeah, maybe.  The majority of my noggin is protected, and it vents pretty well, even in the central Texas heat/humidity.  Plus it has a tinted visor as a secondary, so you don't have to worry about changing out face shields.   Cool

When I got it, the guy I was working with steered me clear of the bell revolver modular helmets.  The Bells were on sale, so both helmets were around the same price.  He said they were noisier due to the cheek seals and that they had problems with the chins popping off, basically being ineffective in a crash.  Not sure if there is much merit to it, but he seemed like an honest guy - even for a salesman.

well the evo i think they adressed some of the noise issues, never heard that other one though! but it seems like a solid helmet.

IP Logged
deejaysham

Have fun, don't get
hurt

Reply #7 - 09/08/13 at 21:47:43

I have an ARAI RX-Q and I love the ventilation in it.  I can really feel the air moving around when I open the vents.  Highly recommended, albeit a bit pricey.

For me the cost was a one-time expense for the life of the helmet and since the comfort of my ride was so dependent on my helmet I didn't flinch at the added cost for comfort, safety, ventilation, and overall quality.

2009 Red/White S40, Pirelli MT66 Tires, Corbin Seat, Dyna Exhaust, Routy Forward Controls
  IP Logged
fsfishnchips
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 09/09/13 at 00:17:49

mjs3790225 wrote on 09/08/13 at 18:21:59:
No idea. I have a Shoei Qwest. I don't get hot, but I don't feel anything moving around in my helmet either. Might be because I have a wind screen. Sitting at traffic lights I do crack open the visor though. That might have something to do with the Florida sun = P

wonder how it feels to wear a full helmet in Florida weather   Roll Eyes I was at Miami Beach and noticed most of the cruisers don't have any protection, prob cuz of the humidity

Socal have heat waves this week, the hot air just doesn't do any cooling, I figured my hands are probably the stuffiest place, so I already upgraded my gloves, now might get a 3/4 helmet  Tongue

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #9 - 09/09/13 at 00:26:43

I have an HJC modular, when traveling below 40 mph I just lift up the chin in hot weather. It has an inner push down visor (looks like a fighter pilot visor) and you can replace it the tinted one with a clear one if you want. At speeds above 40 I just pull the chin back down and pop the front visor up about 3/4 inch and get plenty of cooling air.

Florida heat is a bugger, when its eighty it feels like 100, when its 100 you can hardly breathe...really sux.
Sad

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
mjs3790225

Finally making a
presence!

Orlando, Fl
Reply #10 - 09/09/13 at 14:17:13

I find that I get a nice channel of cooling air out of my riding jacket actually. My sleeves take in the air like duct work around my gloves, then it pushes up and out of the neck hole and blows into my helmet. I think that's where I get the majority of my cooling from. I definitely have all my vents (except the mouth vent) closed on my helmet. I don't like listening to the wind =P

MPGs please
  IP Logged
Face

Tubes Rule !!!

SL,UT
Reply #11 - 09/09/13 at 20:20:13

I'm partial to Scorpion myself. Currently running an EXO700 series, vents good at higher speeds. Just toolin' around the neighborhood, not so well. The EXO400 series has the same vent system at a little lower cost. I've had quite a few helmets over the years and I've yet to find one that doesn't feel like I'm wearing a helmet! You gotta compromise a little here and there. Until someone invents a helmet with central air conditioning, just have to deal with a hot head.

"I have not failed. I've just found 1,000 ways that won't work."
Thomas A. Edison
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 16:19:07

General CategoryThe Cafe › best ventilating helmet ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.