Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Corbin Seat: SOOOO Different (Read 508 times)
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Re: Corbin Seat: SOOOO Different
Reply #15 - 09/11/13 at 03:41:34

deejaysham wrote on 09/10/13 at 18:55:57:
arteacher wrote on 09/10/13 at 15:48:12:
If you check out my avatar pic you will see the riding position it offers with the forward controls.

Beautiful bike!  Can I ask how tall are you?  That position looks great to me.  Not too extended, not too scrunched up.

Thanks for the compliment. I am 5'10".

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Ralph_86-Savage
YaBB Newbies

Romans 10:9

Fayette Co., WV
Reply #16 - 09/11/13 at 08:47:57

That seat looks SUPER comfortable!

1986 4spd Savage
Approx. 6,000 Miles
  IP Logged
Rix

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 09/11/13 at 10:33:49

arteacher wrote on 09/11/13 at 03:40:32:
Rix wrote on 09/10/13 at 18:24:33:
What's that forward backrest?

http://www.protac.net/

SWEET, Thank you.

2013 BOULEVARD S40/LS650 ALL STOCK
1982 HONDA MB5 WITH MODS
  IP Logged
deejaysham

Have fun, don't get
hurt

Reply #18 - 09/11/13 at 11:39:39

The Routy Forward Controls I ordered were an unfinished set that I've dropped off for chrome plating.  They're supposed to be ready on Friday so hopefully I'll get a pic of the Corbin Seat and FCs installed up soon, along with a fitment update for people considering the Corbin seat.

2009 Red/White S40, Pirelli MT66 Tires, Corbin Seat, Dyna Exhaust, Routy Forward Controls
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #19 - 09/11/13 at 12:59:51

At 6' 2" the seat made it harder to ride, particularly I lost leverage on steering. I have since reversed the stock risers which now leaves almost no bend in the elbow but the leg room is an issue. I am at the max angle at which I wish to bend my knees and the Corbin seat went way past that with my knees nealy completely covering the Savage emblem on the gas tank.

My concern is with the Routy 4" extensions the C squared portion of triangle that makes up the leg room won't compensate for the 2" push forward. The 4" A squared becomes a 2" A squared but then my B squared drops almost 2" as well. May not even get me back to the original semi-cramped leg space.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 09/11/13 at 17:52:29

I have some of the same problems and I don't like seats that lock me into one position so I made my own seat for one of my motorcycles.  I wanted it to be somewhat like a bench seat from the seventies so I can slide back and stretch out a little.  But I also wanted a little of the modern shaping.

So I glued several layers of wood together and shaped it with an angle grinder and a 35 grit disc.  It removes wood quickly and effortlessly. I tested it as I went and it fits great.  Saved me from messing with forward pegs because I now sit a few inches farther back.  

My only problem now is finding good foam.  I have some that is firm for the base and some lighter stuff for the top.  I would like something in between the two for the middle layer but for the time being I am using the firm stuff.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
deejaysham

Have fun, don't get
hurt

Reply #21 - 09/14/13 at 15:18:19

For anyone following this thread and considering either the Corbin Seat and the Forward Controls by Routy I can now post my final review:

HOLY MOLY WOWZEEE YOWZEEE!!

I had my forward controls installed today by a shop (being new to wrenching I didn't want to trust my own skills when it came to brake and shift controls).  Yesterday I was considering the possibility that I'd have to revert back to the stock seat.  But today after sitting on my bike with the FCs on it.  I'm so in love with both them and the Corbin seat!

It is absolutely a world of difference.  Seriously.

And I'm 5'8" so anyone who's worrying that the Routy Foward Controls will be too far forward, the answer is the Corbin Seat.  And if anyone is considering the Corbin seat but worried about the leg room, the answer is the Forward Controls.  They are the perfect compliment to each other.  

If I was still on the stock seat I could see 6" forward being a problem.  But once the Corbin seat moves you down and forward, the Forward Controls become both necessary and perfectly placed for me.  I can't wait to set out on my big vacation road trip on Monday and now my S40 is ready for all-day riding.

2009 Red/White S40, Pirelli MT66 Tires, Corbin Seat, Dyna Exhaust, Routy Forward Controls
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #22 - 09/14/13 at 19:54:32

ALL day riding? Did you fit a real gas tank? Because 2 gallons usable is only good for an hour and a half or so...  Wink

Down and forward would be totally wrong for me. I went up and back, adapted a VN800A seat. And Harley half moon floorboards. And 15 inch rise bars. It is almost livable, but needs lower bars to regain some fuel economy. 36 mpg isn't really worth fixing it back up, I can get better than that out of a v-twin. Pretty much any v-twin...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Toroso

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Kingston, TN
Reply #23 - 09/27/13 at 06:34:51

My Corbin seat came in yesterday. I don't really notice being 2" lower and 2" forward. The seat is VERY comfortable. My only issue is the left side does not quite line up to get the bolt started.  Sad

1999 LS650 Dyna muffler, Raptor petcock, Verslavy
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #24 - 09/27/13 at 13:43:40

Toroso wrote on 09/27/13 at 06:34:51:
My Corbin seat came in yesterday. I don't really notice being 2" lower and 2" forward. The seat is VERY comfortable. My only issue is the left side does not quite line up to get the bolt started.  Sad

There is a small amount of play where the bracket bolts to the seat frame. You should be able to adjust the bracket so that it coincides with the mounting brackets on the bike.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #25 - 09/27/13 at 17:20:18

My seat didn't fit well at first.  I had to have corbin send me a new bracket that attaches to the bottom of the seat.  You might need to get a couple M6 bolts as well.  I found if I attached the left side first then the right it worked a lot easier.  Also, the biggest help was getting a swivel attachment that goes on a socket.  It makes it a lot easier to get to that bolt.  After about 6 months my seat seamed to adjust to the bike pretty well.  I'm not sure if the bracket softened or fiberglass molded but it worked out pretty good.  Originally, I thought I spent a lot of $$ on a seat that wasn't going to work out well.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #26 - 09/27/13 at 18:28:57

Toroso wrote on 09/27/13 at 06:34:51:

I remember having this problem when I put mine on. What I did was to peel back the leather in the area where the bolt is and then trimmed a little bit of the seat off with a dremel tool. Then glued the leather down. you couldn't see a difference but the bolt went right in. I did both sides of the seat to make it even easier.

AL

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 16:33:26

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Corbin Seat: SOOOO Different