Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Corbin Seat: SOOOO Different (Read 508 times)
deejaysham

Have fun, don't get
hurt

Corbin Seat: SOOOO Different
09/07/13 at 13:09:25

Finally my Corbin seat for my 2009 S40 arrived and I promptly installed it.  While taking off the OEM seat I managed to mess up one of the mounting plates so no matter what I'm committed to the new seat! Smiley

And I gotta say, on many levels I really like it.  It hugs your butt in the right ways, it feels like my lower back gets support, and the quality is far beyond the stock seat obviously.

What's weird about it, though, is it really does sit much lower than the original.

I've also done the seat mod previously to lift the front end of the stock seat and I probably need to remove those rubber stoppers because this seat isn't meant to pitch up.

The big difference, though, is my feet feel way more scrunched up with my knees bent more.  I had previously ordered a set of forward controls from Routy.  I have them but hadn't installed them and was leaning towards not installing them because I'm 5'8" and 6" seemed too far away but now 6" seems just about perfect.  While riding around the neighborhood I ended up sitting on the passenger part of the seat and the foot reach felt better - if just a bit awkward to be driving from back there.

So I'm curious to hear from anyone that may have done either or both of these installs.  After putting on the Corbin seat, did you extend the pegs to account for the lower and slightly more forward seat position?

2009 Red/White S40, Pirelli MT66 Tires, Corbin Seat, Dyna Exhaust, Routy Forward Controls
  IP Logged
doctorpc
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Corbin Seat: SOOOO Different
Reply #1 - 09/07/13 at 13:13:10

How tall are you?  i have the Corbin seat love it  you may need longer bolts than stock . I am 5'3" and i fit fine with it

IP Logged
deejaysham

Have fun, don't get
hurt

Reply #2 - 09/07/13 at 13:16:38

I'm 5'8"

2009 Red/White S40, Pirelli MT66 Tires, Corbin Seat, Dyna Exhaust, Routy Forward Controls
  IP Logged
terpfan1980

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Near DC
Reply #3 - 09/07/13 at 13:32:12

I'm gonna have to follow this thread for a bit.  I ordered a Corbin seat a few weeks back, still counting down the weeks until I get it and can install it.  I think I'm gonna be pretty happy to replace the stock seat (or so I hope).  That seat has been OK for the 25 mile rides that I take to get to work (or home), but I don't know that I'd like to go for a ride that was any longer than that, otherwise I'd probably find myself feeling pretty sore from sitting on that seat.

IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #4 - 09/07/13 at 14:00:59

I'm 5'7" and I used a set of highway pegs mounted to the engine guard and that was extremely comfortable. The corbin seat literally turned my bike into an all day rider. The best money I spent on any mod on my savage.

AL

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
deejaysham

Have fun, don't get
hurt

Reply #5 - 09/07/13 at 14:19:15

One thing I've confirmed: If you install a Corbin seat and you've previously raised the stock front with the rubber stopper trick, pull those off.  That helps some of the weird fit I experienced.  But the brake lever, pegs, and clutch do feel a lot more up in my biz than before.  My knees are also hugging the tank more than they used to.

I think I'll have to try my forward controls and hopefully they help.

One thing's for sure... the seat itself is definite quality and comfortable.  I like that and once I sort out my foot comfort, I'll be pleased as punch.

IP Logged
Toroso

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Kingston, TN
Reply #6 - 09/07/13 at 14:46:53

I'm 6' and have one ordered. Have not received it yet. Anxious to see what it does for me.  Smiley

1999 LS650 Dyna muffler, Raptor petcock, Verslavy
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #7 - 09/07/13 at 15:37:34

I am 5-10 with a 33" inseam. I  also have a titch of arthritis in my hips and knees. The Corbin is a drastic improvement, but necessitated the installation of Routy's forward controls as it move your rear 2" forward as well as 2" down from stock. I would have put the forwards on anyway to make it easier to get my feet on the pegs.
For anyone who rides the S40 for more than 1/2 hr at a time, the Corbin is money well spent.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
deejaysham

Have fun, don't get
hurt

Reply #8 - 09/07/13 at 15:42:16

arteacher wrote on 09/07/13 at 15:37:34:
I am 5-10 with a 33" inseam. I  also have a titch of arthritis in my hips and knees. The Corbin is a drastic improvement, but necessitated the installation of Routy's forward controls as it move your rear 2" forward as well as 2" down from stock. I would have put the forwards on anyway to make it easier to get my feet on the pegs.
For anyone who rides the S40 for more than 1/2 hr at a time, the Corbin is money well spent.

Aha! I knew it moved you lower and it felt like I was more forward but 2 inches forward and 2 inches down clinches it.  I'm putting the forward controls on ASAP!  Hopefully that will make it perfect.

I ordered the Forward Controls from Routy (great customer service, by the way) unsure of whether they would be too much for me, since I'm 5'8" .  The stock controls felt a touch too close with the stock seat but I feared they'd feel too far away with the FCs.  Now with the Corbin Seat I have no worries about pushing those out 6" in front of me.  In fact it needs it now.

IP Logged
Todd James

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mansfield, Ohio
Reply #9 - 09/07/13 at 22:27:25

I am 5'-11" tall with a 32" inseam.
My Corbin seat places me too far forward and too low in the saddle.
My knees feel like they're up in my chest.
The seat needs to be an inch or more higher and 2" farther back
to be comfortable on rides longer than 15 minutes.

2007 S40, Dyna, 52.5/150, .073 Spacer, 2 Turns
2007 Sportster 1200, V&H Pipes
  IP Logged
Ralph_86-Savage
YaBB Newbies

Romans 10:9

Fayette Co., WV
Reply #10 - 09/09/13 at 10:14:33

I'd like to see this seat on some of your bikes, if any of you guys have any.   Smiley

1986 4spd Savage
Approx. 6,000 Miles
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #11 - 09/10/13 at 15:48:12

Here it is on mine.

If you check out my avatar pic you will see the riding position it offers with the forward controls.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Rix

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 09/10/13 at 18:24:33

What's that forward backrest?

2013 BOULEVARD S40/LS650 ALL STOCK
1982 HONDA MB5 WITH MODS
  IP Logged
deejaysham

Have fun, don't get
hurt

Reply #13 - 09/10/13 at 18:55:57

arteacher wrote on 09/10/13 at 15:48:12:
If you check out my avatar pic you will see the riding position it offers with the forward controls.

Beautiful bike!  Can I ask how tall are you?  That position looks great to me.  Not too extended, not too scrunched up.

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #14 - 09/11/13 at 03:40:32

Rix wrote on 09/10/13 at 18:24:33:
What's that forward backrest?

http://www.protac.net/

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 16:40:32

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Corbin Seat: SOOOO Different

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.