lets see who steps up (Read 71 times)
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
lets see who steps up
09/07/13 at 13:01:33

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/09/06/nypd-man-brain-dead-following-random-r...

Waiting to hear from Jackson,Sharpton,The NAACP,  and yeah, Obama with regard to this one.

My prediction - not a frickin word from any of them.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Re: lets see who steps up
Reply #1 - 09/07/13 at 13:35:31

Well, if the perp Mr. Lashawn Marten is arrested, tried, and set free, you can bet your butt that you WILL hear about it…quit playing the race card.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #2 - 09/07/13 at 13:50:53

Quote:
quit playing the race card

I'm not playing any card. I'm asking a question and making a prediction. Jackson,Sharpton, the NAACP and yes, our current president, are the card players.

You comment about this perp being set free is a reference to the Martin/Zimmerman case I presume. Don't forget that the above mentioned folks were yapping about that case long before there was any trial and before anyone had any idea what the outcome of the trial was going to be.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #3 - 09/07/13 at 14:18:22

"folks were yapping about that case long before there was any trial"

That's the point. If people hadn't spoken up there wouldn't have been a trial. Not to fret, the murder went unpunished anyway.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #4 - 09/07/13 at 15:11:10

Quote:
That's the point. If people hadn't spoken up...

Actually that completly misses my point. Jackson, Sharpton the current NAACP etc. are touted as proponents of racial equality and justice.  They claim to be followers of MLK who actually did believe in those things.They promote themselves as such. But they are only interested in those things as long as the victim is black and the perp is white. If it's the other way around they don't want to talk about it.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #5 - 09/07/13 at 15:57:43

Jeez, how many times to we have to say James Earl Ray was a bad shot and hit the wrong agitator...

MLK was basically harmless in the grand scheme of things. Aside from being paid by the American Communist Party, and having a bunch of fake degrees that people touted as real, he was a pretty simple person with a non-violent message.

Pretty sure he spins a few rounds in his grave every time some doesn't know how to wear a belt or a hat, buy pants that fit, tie his shoes or hold a handgun correctly thug does something stupid... all they accomplish is hurting their own kind, by association if not by deed.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Tony S

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Evansville,IN
Reply #6 - 09/07/13 at 16:31:20

oldNslow wrote on 09/07/13 at 15:11:10:
Quote:
That's the point. If people hadn't spoken up...

Actually that completly misses my point. Jackson, Sharpton the current NAACP etc. are touted as proponents of racial equality and justice.  They claim to be followers of MLK who actually did believe in those things.They promote themselves as such. But they are only interested in those things as long as the victim is black and the perp is white. If it's the other way around they don't want to talk about it.

He misses your point because you have no valid point to make. None of the groups you mention -nor would  groups on the "other side of the fence" such as the American Freedom Party, The American Nazi Party, the Aryan Nation or the National Association for the Advancement of White People-  have a reason to comment on something like this while the wheels of justice appear to be rolling along as they should. The Hate Crimes unit is investigating. If charges are filed there is no reason for a proclomation from the groups you mention or the others I mention . The local prosecutor will do the talking.

You aren't playing the race card. You are race baiting.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #7 - 09/07/13 at 17:10:00

Tony,
      Did you actually bother to read the article? The guy said "I'm going to* **K the first white person I see." And he did. Quite possibly killing him.

My comment was directed at the unapologetic hypocrisy of Jackson,Sharpton etc and the liberal media that fawns over them like they are some kind of paragons of justice and equality when in reality they are as racist as it is possible to be. In fact they depend on racism ,and promote it, to earn their living. This was a racially motivated crime and they are not going to have anything to say about it because it cannot be used to promote their agenda.That is my point and it is entirely valid.

I've never heard of a couple of the groups you mentioned so I don't know what they might have to say about anything. I don't know much about the other two either. As far as what happens to the perp in this case as he goes through the justice system, I never mentioned that either.

Quote:
You aren't playing the race card. You are race baiting

If you want to debate, then let's debate about the substance of what I actually said. Don't just toss out accusations. There is already entirely too much of that on this board.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #8 - 09/07/13 at 18:14:02

There is clearly no dispute about this being a race issue...
There may be a mental issue...

Without any dispute,.. I don't expect much media or civil rights involvement...

It's just a sad, disturbing event...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Tony S

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Evansville,IN
Reply #9 - 09/07/13 at 18:29:23

oldNslow wrote on 09/07/13 at 17:10:00:
Tony,
      Did you actually bother to read the article? The guy said "I'm going to* **K the first white person I see." And he did. Quite possibly killing him.

My comment was directed at the unapologetic hypocrisy of Jackson,Sharpton etc and the liberal media that fawns over them like they are some kind of paragons of justice and equality when in reality they are as racist as it is possible to be. In fact they depend on racism ,and promote it, to earn their living. This was a racially motivated crime and they are not going to have anything to say about it because it cannot be used to promote their agenda.That is my point and it is entirely valid.

I've never heard of a couple of the groups you mentioned so I don't know what they might have to say about anything. I don't know much about the other two either. As far as what happens to the perp in this case as he goes through the justice system, I never mentioned that either.

Quote:
You aren't playing the race card. You are race baiting

If you want to debate, then let's debate about the substance of what I actually said. Don't just toss out accusations. There is already entirely too much of that on this board.

I don't know how exactly to say this politely. It is not my intention to just toss accustions. I did read the article. The entire article It didn't say anything about Sharpton or Obama or Jackson or the NAACP either. Only you brought it up and only you seem to believe that you have somehow discovered proof of the these organizations racist bent because they have failed to condenm this murder.

Fact is, there is, on average, 38 murders a day in the USA. According to the FBI, there is a violent crime committed ever 25.3 seconds.

For murders, from 2000 to 2010, almost 1/2 the time the victim is black, about 1/3 the victim is white. Hispanics make up most of the remainder.  As for perpetrators almost 25% of the time the killer is unknow. Blacks are only slightly more likely to have been the killers than whites.
That the vicitim was white and the killer is black is a fact. That the killer shouted he was killing the next white person he saw is a fact. And the fact is that he has been arrested and the police dept has their Hate Crimes Unit investigating.

Only you seem to think - for reasons that defy logic - that the president of the United States failure to comment on this proves he a racist.  If the president commented on every murder in the USA, he'd be on TV about every 35 minutes.  Think of this way. I plan to watch the Colts play the Raiders tomorrow. If Obama comments on every murder, the game will be interrupted six times by "an important announcement by the President of the United States"

If the police decide the crazy black man was acting in self defense, let him out of jail later today  and annouce they don't plan to press charges- then perhaps one or more of the groups you mention or the President should speak up. Until that happens, your comments make no sense and only serve to fan racist thoughts. Which is race baiting.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #10 - 09/07/13 at 19:10:48

Spot on Tony, spot on! Wink

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #11 - 09/07/13 at 19:44:51

Starlifter wrote on 09/07/13 at 14:18:22:

That's the point. If people hadn't spoken up there wouldn't have been a trial. Not to fret, the murder went unpunished anyway.

I believe those who "spoke up" did it for self promotion and ulterior motives. I also think those who "spoke up" ruined the case of manslaughter....which was the proper charge, and I believe would have succeeded in conviction.

Of course we will never know, but I'm sure in your mind you know you're right  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #12 - 09/07/13 at 20:17:38

Quote:
The entire article It didn't say anything about Sharpton or Obama or Jackson or the NAACP either. Only you brought it up and only you seem to believe that you have somehow discovered proof of the these organizations racist bent because they have failed to condenm this murder

I never inplied that the article said anything about Sharpton etc. ( I should have added Holder by the way). I brought them up to pose a question. Why is it that these so called champions of civil rights are only interested in "hate crimes"where the victim is  black and the perpetrator is white, and not in cases where the reverse is true. And to suggest that because they are not interested in such cases, that perhaps they are not really motivated by a passion for justice and equality, and are actually demagogues through and through. I would be happy for them to speak out and prove me wrong. I'm not going to hold my beath though. Don't forget that Sharpton first arrived on the national scene raising a stink about the Tawana Brawley case which was a total hoax and ruined the life of a completly innocent man. Something which Sharpton has never even acknowledged or apologized for.

Quote:
Only you seem to think - for reasons that defy logic - that the president of the United States failure to comment on this proves he a racist

I don't think the president has any buisness commenting on any local murder case. But he has already done so. And he got involved in another case that was not even a crime, merely a controversial arrest up in Boston. However I'm not going to duck the other part of your statement. Yes, I do think he is a racist. But that opinion has nothing whatever do do with this discussion

[quote]That the vicitim was white and the killer is black is a fact. That the killer shouted he was killing the next white person he saw is a fact. And the fact is that he has been arrested and the police dept has their Hate Crimes Unit investigating.

He's not a killer yet - last I heard the victim was still alive, although without any brain activity. But I hope that the NYPD has the sense to treat Mr. Marten with kid gloves. Otherwise Sharpton etc. will be demanding that the NYPD be investigated for violating HIS civil rights.

IP Logged
Tony S

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Evansville,IN
Reply #13 - 09/07/13 at 20:51:48

raydawg wrote on 09/07/13 at 19:44:51:
Starlifter wrote on 09/07/13 at 14:18:22:

I believe those who "spoke up" did it for self promotion and ulterior motives. I also think those who "spoke up" ruined the case of manslaughter....which was the proper charge, and I believe would have succeeded in conviction.

Of course we will never know, but I'm sure in your mind you know you're right  Grin

Being a father myself, I'm reasonably certain his parents spoke up wanting what they believed was justice for their dead son.   The motives involved for nearly everyone were fairly obvious - and mostly not good motives. News media initially milked it for ratings and a good story. The moral pundits on both sides for a sense of outrage to further their own agendas.

Entirely agree on the charges. It is as though the Prosecution wanted to lose the case, charging Zimmerman with Murder 2 when the evidence clearly more supported manslaughter.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #14 - 09/08/13 at 21:16:38

The longer I live the more racist this country becomes. I thought it was going to be the other way around. Most of it is the media's fault

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 10:26:41

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › lets see who steps up

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.