Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Counties in California LEAVING the state .... (Read 264 times)
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Re: Counties in California LEAVING the state ....
Reply #30 - 09/11/13 at 19:25:10

Well, Romney did very little for or in Massachusetts.
He buckled under pressure and signed the healthcare legislation in Mass cause it was going into effect either way; the State Legislature had the votes to override any veto.  Romney wanted to look like he was in control so he signed it into law..but again only because he was looking ahead to his run for President (how'd that work out for ya?.)
His answer to everything was deregulate and privatize allowing his friends to build up new companies providing the same services the State Workers were providing, but now the workers get less money and fewer benefits..and the cost to the taxpayers dipped only for a couple of years and then sprang up again.  Yes, it is the model the republican Party favors.  It is the party of the righteous few.

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #31 - 09/17/13 at 14:37:35

A couple of states tried that back in the 1800's... didn't work too well. Its not like the confederacy invaded anyone.

A long while back I found (on the net) where the US supreme court made a ruling to make the "civil war" legit. (to the winners go the spoils)

You can go look it up yourself if you have a mind to... basically "naaa naa we won you suck". And oh, once you get in there is no leaving. However... a rowdy group of unaffiliated people can overthrow the government (that IS legal)... yeah they had to allow that or the formation of the US to begin with would be against our own laws. Pretty messed up if you ask me.

But of course that is attempts to leave the union.. I suppose these folks just want to break off to another state. I guess Cali could start a war and kill em all???

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #32 - 09/30/13 at 23:03:42

The Boston Tea Party started because England raised the taxes to 2%

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #33 - 09/30/13 at 23:42:16

"A long while back I found (on the net) where the US supreme court made a ruling to make the "civil war" legit. (to the winners go the spoils)"       Pine where did you find that at?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/05/24 at 06:37:21

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Counties in California LEAVING the state ....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.