Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
"Let it Ride"......Let me Barf! (Read 149 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
"Let it Ride"......Let me Barf!
09/05/13 at 09:39:04

On National Geographic Channel I watched a couple of episodes of Let it Ride a week apart...I watched a second one as I thought it was just a fluke that the first one was so lame.  It is one of those motorcycle docu-drama reality shows where they are more into the drama than the bike builds.  The schedules are always too tight, the budgets are never met, and the emotional crap is at the forefront.

I will not be watching a 3rd episode.....what makes somebody (besides money and fame) want to be involved in this kind of crappy show?  The National Geographic Channel has really sunk to a new low.....although most of their shows are these kind of reality base shows and are pretty lame.  I used to think that National Geographic had high standards......now I think they are the TV version of the National Enquireror.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: "Let it Ride"......Let me Barf!
Reply #1 - 09/05/13 at 10:00:50

I used to think the same of the History Channel,.. and the Discovery Channel...
It's all reality garbage now...
I dropped cable a year ago, and went to an antenna...

Now I have 11 channels of free garbage, instead of a 110 channels of garbage for $65 a month...
Tongue Tongue Tongue...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #2 - 09/05/13 at 13:27:50

I dropped cable 20 years ago.  Never looked back.  I get 14 channels.  Most of what's on these days is garbage...so, I rarely turn on the tv set unless there's a movie I want to watch.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #3 - 09/06/13 at 10:05:47

Is that the one with Arlen Ness' son?  If so, I think I watched an episode too and didn't care much for it.  

Although they were re-doing a Triumph and complaining about how difficult it was.  None of their tools fit on the bike's parts, bolts were all different sizes, yada, yada...   I thought that was quite hilariously entertaining!   Wink

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #4 - 09/06/13 at 10:19:49

Never seen it so I can't comment either way but from all I read and hear most of those shows are pretty much just a different twist on the old "soap operas".  

We have "Antenna TV" here but I spend more time listening to the ham radio bands or news programs on the shortwave radio.

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #5 - 09/06/13 at 10:58:11

Have not seen this one, but it poisons (pronounced "pizens" in Newf-speak!) me that the only TV Channels I am interested in (Discovery, History and Nat. Geo) have given up airing interesting, educational and entertaining documentaries for the gawddarned stomach-churning drivel that tries to pass itself off as "reality" TV ... I blame it all on American Chopper 10 years ago ... until Discovery started airing that show, you could still count on the Channel for some good programming ... Angry

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Reply #6 - 09/06/13 at 12:27:46

Here in NZ one of the top played shows on National Geographic or Discovery is "Finding Bigfoot". Please...
The show has been showing for over a year with two or more shows a day and not a sign of him. You see footage of these people out in the woods and they here a strange noise and one of them says "There's a Swatch in these woods". They have never found or really heard one so how can these people confirm what they are hearing is a bigfoot. Please...
I pay a monthly fee to watch this crap unbelievable. Angry

IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Reply #7 - 09/06/13 at 12:35:44

babyhog wrote on 09/06/13 at 10:05:47:
Is that the one with Arlen Ness' son?  If so, I think I watched an episode too and didn't care much for it.  

Although they were re-doing a Triumph and complaining about how difficult it was.  None of their tools fit on the bike's parts, bolts were all different sizes, yada, yada...   I thought that was quite hilariously entertaining!   Wink

Yea I watched that too. There head mechanic that can only work on a Harley Pathetic. So they had to call someone else in to work on it. Grin

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #8 - 09/06/13 at 14:06:13

Haven't seen this one, but the several they have on now, ghost hunters int., gator boys, and turtle man are soooo scripted it is not funny...reality show for the uneducated i'd say.

I always turn the channel on any of the reality shows now-a-days and usually end up on sci-fi or usa watching some kind of old movies. I've almost tuned out sci-fi recently when it added wrestling to its show....man the stuff people watch.... is our society that so lost that we have brought ourselves that low?

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #9 - 09/09/13 at 20:54:21

old_rider wrote on 09/06/13 at 14:06:13:
.... is our society that so lost that we have brought ourselves that low?

Unfortunately it appears so.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
zieglarf
YaBB Newbies

Lovin my Suzi!

San Antonio, TX
Reply #10 - 09/10/13 at 00:56:24

No cable for 20+ years.

Antennae.
Hulu - free version.
Netflix -$8.
YouTube.

It's still tons of garbage to chose from. Some good stuff available too. Cable/satellite = a waste of money.

'12 S40
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 16:31:18

General CategoryThe Cafe › "Let it Ride"......Let me Barf!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.