Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Hog Damage
Reply #15 - 09/04/13 at 07:26:32

Bacon Bits.....The Universal Fairy Dust of the Food World!

You'all be careful.  A friend of ours is a hunter and a friend of the local game warden.  Evidently some captive wild hogs got loose and were running around in a local state park up in Oxford, Ohio a couple years ago.  The game warden called our friend and said he could use some help, and they went huntin'.  When they found the hogs our friend took the first shot and hit a hog in the head....and it spun around and charged him.....the next shot hit the hog again and it just kept coming....the game warden was on the side and took a shot and hit the hog in the shoulder......and it fell and slid to a stop about 25 feet from our friend.  When they hung the hog up in the garage the back feet were tied to the rafters 8' up and the nose almost touched the floor.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #16 - 09/04/13 at 07:38:24

Ralph_86-Savage wrote on 09/04/13 at 06:44:43:
Babyhog, there is a place in Milton (a slaughterhouse ) that will fix these right up for ya.  They will even smoke the meat for ya, if you like, for just a few cents extra a pound.  My buddy who lives near me in Fayette County just started raising pigs for meat and has been taking his down there.  He brought out some fresh smoked bacon and sausage a few nights ago and we had a huge breakfast for supper.  I'd never had fresh bacon and I gotta say...It was the best I've had.  
I hear wild hogs taste a little different, but the guys I know that have ate them, said they prefer them over the norm.

Ralph, I used to work with some guys that use a place in Milton... probably the same place.  I recently moved from Saint Albans to Parkersburg, but grew up in Fayette County.  Smithers until high school.  Had family around Boomer.  Small world huh.  My camp is in Mason Co.  Have a brother-in-law that has raised several pigs (slaughtered the last two last winter).  Fresh bacon is absolutely the most-awesomest!  Of course, as WD pointed out, their taste depends alot on their diet, so you know what the ones you are raising are eating.  I hear these wild ones will chow down on anything.

Ok JOG, I agree, its time to damage the hogs.... load up me weapon...

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #17 - 09/04/13 at 07:44:21

Dave wrote on 09/04/13 at 07:26:32:
Bacon Bits.....The Universal Fairy Dust of the Food World!

You'all be careful.  A friend of ours is a hunter and a friend of the local game warden.  Evidently some captive wild hogs got loose and were running around in a local state park up in Oxford, Ohio a couple years ago.  The game warden called our friend and said he could use some help, and they went huntin'.  When the hogs our friend took the first shot and hit a hog in the head....and it spun around and charged him.....the next shot hit the hog again and it just kept coming....the game warden was on the side and took a shot and hit the hog in the shoulder......and it fell and slid to a stop about 25 feet from our friend.  When they hung the hog up in the garage the back feet were tied to the rafters 8' up and the nose almost touched the floor.

Thanks for the warning Dave.  Thats a big pig.  It might behoove me to make a phone call or two.  I remember some exotic wild animals getting loose not long ago, somewhere around Zanesville?  Crazy stuff.        

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #18 - 09/04/13 at 10:07:23

Record setting MS jumbo gators are here...http://www.news965.com/news/news/local/hunters-kill-record-setting-727-pound-...

They are some BIG lizards...  Shocked

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #19 - 09/04/13 at 11:26:58

stinger wrote on 09/03/13 at 14:50:40:
Not a a issue out here in the northwest.  Are they pretty common in that neck of the woods?  Are they good eating or too tough? Out here in this politically correct, sissy part of the world, people would be lining the street taking photos and if you shot one you would be all over the front page of the newspaper and the lead story on the nightly news.

Guess I better not say anything about the half dozen or so feral piglets they killed and ate. Shot the sow... waited a bit and the babies came back to suckle...
Gutted them...and wrapped in foil and threw on the smoker... They said it was fine eating...  wish I had been on it.  

Yeah how about them MS gators... 721 and 724 pounds ... and that's just weekend 1

REAL bacon... OH GAWD!!!!!!!!!!
I have only had it once... bout made me crazy it was soo good.

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #20 - 09/04/13 at 16:59:43

Fried Gator bites are tasty as long as you don't get a chewy one   Shocked

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #21 - 09/05/13 at 02:20:23

For those of us, (you not me) that are looking for a sport a bit more challenging than squirrel hunting of fishing, you might want to gather up friends and family and head out for a relaxing weekend of good ol safe fun!

http://www.blackcreeklodge.com/Boar_hunting/body_boar_hunting.html

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #22 - 09/05/13 at 04:41:17

stinger wrote on 09/05/13 at 02:20:23:
For those of us, (you not me) that are looking for a sport a bit more challenging than squirrel hunting of fishing, you might want to gather up friends and family and head out for a relaxing weekend of good ol safe fun!

http://www.blackcreeklodge.com/Boar_hunting/body_boar_hunting.html

I have no desire to see a live one up that close without a gun in my hand.  "Knife and rope only"....  No thank you.  I've seen it on tv, but no, not my cup of tea.  The nice looking bucks they have, on the other hand, would be awesome!

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #23 - 09/09/13 at 14:08:41

National Crisis!

Well that's what the local TV said....

http://www.wapt.com/news/mississippi/state-lawmakers-discuss-wild-hog-problem...

So my idea- instead of doing a true up "bounty" ( they say there are more hogs than money to for bounties) .. how about state run hog hunts.

Landowners could ask to be put on a list
Landowner would set a date range ( like not during harvest)
landowner would set aside a parking area
State would hire a guide, maybe someone to gut and haul off said guts
Folks would sign up, pay a small fee and show up with gun in hand

It would work down here  Grin  Grin  Grin

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #24 - 09/09/13 at 14:54:27

Crazy.  I hear they reproduce 2 to 3 times a year and have maybe 10 per litter, so even though that doesn't sound outrageous, its much more than deer and we know how overpopulated the deer can become.

As for mine, I didn't see any this weekend and didn't get any more pics last week, so I guess they cleaned me out and moved on.  Squirrel season starts this coming weekend so although I don't normally squirrel hunt, I think I'll go sit all day Saturday.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #25 - 09/12/13 at 11:32:32

Well, you might not have to shoot them. Just throw them a keg party.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/09/feral-pig-drinks-18-cans-of-beer-fights-cow-and...

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #26 - 09/12/13 at 18:31:40

oldNslow wrote on 09/12/13 at 11:32:32:
Well, you might not have to shoot them. Just throw them a keg party.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/09/feral-pig-drinks-18-cans-of-beer-fights-cow-and...

omg that's funny!  Might get some empty cans at my place, but they ain't gettin my brewskies!  My pug would fight them over it anyway!  He loves the stuff.

IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #27 - 09/14/13 at 17:46:34

I mentioned in a earlier post how sissy people are out here in the NW and what would happen to you if you ever hurt a pig. this is all over our news this weekend. People are lining up to take pics

http://www.kgw.com/news/Loose-month-old-pig-tearing-up-Salem-mans-yard-223772...

Hurt any wildlife out here and it's the same as murder

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #28 - 09/14/13 at 19:41:23

stinger wrote on 09/14/13 at 17:46:34:
I mentioned in a earlier post how sissy people are out here in the NW and what would happen to you if you ever hurt a pig. this is all over our news this weekend. People are lining up to take pics

http://www.kgw.com/news/Loose-month-old-pig-tearing-up-Salem-mans-yard-223772...

Hurt any wildlife out here and it's the same as murder

Yep, you guys can't even eradicate nutria w/o incurring the wrath of the tree hugging, even poison deserves love, whack job set. Portland's nutria problem made the news in the South, and we're infested with the things. At least here we're allowed to shoot them.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 14:36:38

General CategoryThe Cafe › Hog Damage

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.