Send Topic Print
Buh Bye!  Buh Bye! (Read 195 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Buh Bye!  Buh Bye!
09/02/13 at 19:32:04

I rode bull to the neighbors house *& parked him,., Put fresh gas in the tank, dumped the carb bowl once & refilled it, Turned twice & firewd right up after notstarting for over a month,
I gave the new owner a note

suzukisavage.com

Loaded him up with extra goodies & suzuki shopmanual.
Of course Ill be around.. you dont get off THAT easy,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
RatdogWillie
Serious Thumper

Nostalgia isn't what
it used to be...

Johnstown, PA.
Re: Buh Bye!  Buh Bye!
Reply #1 - 09/02/13 at 20:21:24

Hope you do stick around!

What was the best thing before sliced bread?
Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot them?
How is it possible to have a civil war?
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 09/02/13 at 20:31:49

Ill be here,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
bobert_FSO

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Wichita KS
Reply #3 - 09/02/13 at 20:48:47

Sounds like me.  When I dropped off my Savage after selling it, I had a sheet of paper that listed this site, all the mods I had made and any other little tidbits and hints I could think of.

I stick around here because I like the site and the people on it.  I haven't found a similar Kawasaki site.  

If I had the room and could justify a second motorcycle to the wife, I would get another Savage. It was so easy and fun to hop around town on it. I would probably customize it to somewhere between a bobber and a standard.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 09/02/13 at 23:09:42

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/02/13 at 20:31:49:
Ill be here,,

Darn right you will... Cool...

bobert_FSO wrote on 09/02/13 at 20:48:47:
I stick around here because I like the site and the people on it.  I haven't found a similar Kawasaki site.  

You too!... Smiley...

Savage,... is a state of mind... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #5 - 09/03/13 at 03:29:04

Why did you sell ?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 09/03/13 at 07:47:08

Ive got the Kawasaki W-650. May never ri8de it,, what with the shulders & knee problems. Cant ride 2, need the $$,,

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 09/03/13 at 17:18:42

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/03/13 at 07:47:08:
Ive got the Kawasaki W-650. May never ri8de it,, what with the shulders & knee problems. Cant ride 2, need the $$,,

W-650?  NICE!  Smiley

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #8 - 09/04/13 at 06:36:51

Justin has gotten to that age, where you gotta know what you can do and what you can't do.   He kept his preferred bike and sold his Savage, at least he kept the one he liked the best.  

Lancer, we aren't there yet, but we can both smell it coming ....  

Just like Diamond Jim and Big Zuk before him, there comes a time where your body just can't pay the toll any more.

Right now, if I hadn't invested in the trailer and the hitch, I'd be done already -- I can't stand the long long rides to and from the mountains.  

Having the trailer means I can go another 3-5 years, which I firmly plan to do.

Wink

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 09/04/13 at 07:13:03

Theres a pretty fairchance Ill never ride the W. If my right knee continues to skip out at odd times, like when im sitting in a car & have to have the drive p[ull over so I can put it back in place, or just walking along.,.& if my shoulders/rotator cuffs wont handle the load of bringing one back up when Ive allowed it to lean over some, then I  am a Miata shopper.

IP Logged
RatdogWillie
Serious Thumper

Nostalgia isn't what
it used to be...

Johnstown, PA.
Reply #10 - 09/04/13 at 07:39:21

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/04/13 at 07:13:03:
Theres a pretty fairchance Ill never ride the W. If my right knee continues to skip out at odd times, like when im sitting in a car & have to have the drive p[ull over so I can put it back in place, or just walking along.,.& if my shoulders/rotator cuffs wont handle the load of bringing one back up when Ive allowed it to lean over some, then I  am a Miata shopper.

Trike?

What was the best thing before sliced bread?
Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot them?
How is it possible to have a civil war?
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 09/04/13 at 08:03:13

Naaaah,, if it wont lean in a corner Ill just have a little car. As long as I can Smell stuff like on a bike. I know nothing FEELS as free as riding, I just dont know if Id feel the freedom on a trike. Problee be closer than somthying with doors,, IDK, but they cost so MUCH! I can have a little sports car, standard transmission, convertible & Hopefully be able to do something to the windshield so the air isnt completely diverted.

I have a 1954 wooden milk crate, one of the long ones. I wanna put a solo seat on the W & mount that crate behind, maybe pad the end for a back rest? IDK,, I guess it would need to shift up & down with the seataction,,Put a top on it & be able to lock it, hang back packs on the sides, I could hit the road or a grocery store..I Think its gets about 65 MPG,,but IDK that..

But, Ill take something with a roof if I cant ride.

IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #12 - 09/04/13 at 08:49:15

I had a little convertible for several years, until a lady rear-ended it in Colorado and the insurance totalled it. You get the sunshine, and of course you don't need a helmet, but it isn't the same as a bike by a long shot. My wife found it a lot more comfortable than a bike. I had a chance about three years ago to demo a Can-Am Spyder, and except for the absence of lean it was much more like riding a motorcycle. I have not tried one of the conventional (one wheel in front, two in rear) trikes.

I was visiting a large Honda dealership a while back, who also sells trikes. He said he sold over 50 of them last year. He said a side effect of selling trikes to couples was that the women suddenly decided they wanted to be drivers instead of passengers, since they no longer had to hold up a heavy bike at a traffic stop.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #13 - 09/04/13 at 09:28:29

Gawd! I'd saw off a leg for a W650!!

Glad you'er sticking around Justin ... plenty of us FSOs stay here for the same reasons you gave!

This place on the WWW is HOME!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #14 - 09/04/13 at 09:38:29

Good luck keeping it gone, I've gotten rid of mine several times, and it always comes back.

So I keep dumping time/money into it, instead of buying another VN800A. Maybe the next time I find/buy the right Kawi, the Savage will stay in the barn where it belongs.

Until that day comes, I'll keep working on it, to the detriment of my classic vehicles.

The Savage is like a bad tobacco habit, you know the time has come to give it up, but just can't for some reason...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 16:30:33

General CategoryThe Cafe › Buh Bye!  Buh Bye!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.