Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
laboring on labor day -working on the savage (Read 54 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
laboring on labor day -working on the savage
09/02/13 at 11:16:22

First off Happy Labor day!

I got up early this morn, made coffe and cinnamon toast... then straight to work on the bike.

Finally added the speedo wire to the vaportech. It registers, but I have not tested for speed correctness. I re-wrapped the coil sensor wire. I then put all the wires in ( for the vaportech) in that plastic hose.

Then to HARD stuff. My muffler has shaken loose and about 50% of the exhaust was escaping ahead of it. I pulled the whole thing off... (let the bolts soak in WD40 while working on the wiring). Yeah the heat shield does NOT have to come off before the muffler can be taken off. I used a tomato paste can, cut up with a dremel for my crush washer.  Not only was the muffler very loose, but the exhaust pipe had worked loose again as well. I added both threadlock and a lockwasher to the bolt that clamps the muffler. Everything else is just tightening.

Bike sounds better... should run better, and had better not get so hot on my boot.

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Re: laboring on labor day -working on the savage
Reply #1 - 09/02/13 at 11:34:01

Spending my labor day bidding on some dyna mufflers for the wifes savage....hope I win one (only bid on two).

If I don't get this Harley RoadGlide sold I won't be able to buy me a savage to mess with! Got a guy who wants to come look at it, we shall see.

Got some steaks marianating in the fridge for grillin' when the wife gets off work. Got some sweet tea in the fridge fer the big banquet we are gonna' have....LOL...mashed taters', veggies, baked beans and steaks! like thanksgiving without the turkey!  Cheesy

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #2 - 09/02/13 at 13:59:00

Old rider, my giblets are shaking, my mouth watering.  I'd try for the turkey invite but my wife says while I act and think like a turkey, I'm just a busted buzzard.   Have a great Holiday.

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #3 - 09/02/13 at 20:08:46

I whupped out the ol' Hamlin "The Ducthless Oven", oval version...made n 1972, I cleaned it up with a wire brush and a sander with 50 grit. The company is now named PKgrills and only makes the one square grill now days. If you go to http://www.arktimes.com/arkansas/portable-kitchen-grills-built-for-the-long-s...

you can read about the original company.

I cleaned for about 3hrs and got it back into good enough shape to use, would have made grandma proud!!! I am now set on returning the grill to original shape, if I can get what coating they used on the inside of the oven, they might not have used any, but i'm going to try to write the company and find out.!!!

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 04:38:21

General CategoryThe Cafe › laboring on labor day -working on the savage

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.