Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Riddle me this batman.... (Read 314 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Riddle me this batman....
Reply #15 - 09/01/13 at 11:16:37

Just to clarify, I'm not in that club. I believe it was Assad. I'm not a conspiracist guy.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 09/01/13 at 11:21:05

I still think The organize crime metaphor is valid in this sense: I'm a firm believer in what Reagan described as a shinning city on a hill. The US is different, we have both a moral standing and the ability to act. I think we are obligated to act. No, we can't so everything and we are not perfect, when it comes to something like this, we're about the only ones who can act.

IP Logged
Tony S

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Evansville,IN
Reply #17 - 09/01/13 at 11:23:35

WebsterMark wrote on 09/01/13 at 11:16:37:
Just to clarify, I'm not in that club. I believe it was Assad. I'm not a conspiracist guy.

My bad. Sorry. Embarrassed

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 09/01/13 at 11:37:17

OHHHH,,, Its a Conspiracy theory to believe the rebels did it?

Assad, warned & WINNING,, did what he didntNEED to do & had been told by a country that has invaded many that we would if he did,,
& HOW many times HAVE we been lied to in order to create an environment of support? Is that conspiracy theory TOO?
Ignore the obvious, be a dupe, again,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #19 - 09/01/13 at 11:37:53

Jerry E. wrote:

Quote:
Those people can't handle self rule - Muslims want theocracies, not democracies.  I say, protect the strongmen - at least they bring stability to the region and keep the crazies under control.

Correct as far as the inability to rule themselves goes. But protecting the strongmen hasn't worked out so well for the US either. I think our policy should be hands off as long as the violence stays inside their borders. Let them exterminate one another. The fewer muslims the better as far as I'm concerned.

As far as a military response to the chemical weapons in Syria - and I don't care who did it - it's nothing more than Obama trying to save face because he shot his mouth off and now looks like the narcissistic
girl thingy that he is if he doesn't do something.

There have been many thousands killed - I've seen estimates as high as seventy thousand- with weapons that are considered legitimate; bombs,bullets etc. since this started. That was apparently OK with Barack and his cronies. Now Assad(or the rebels, depending on what you chose to believe) kill a thousand or so with chemicals, and the US HAS TO DO SOMETHING.

Same old Bullsh*t all over again. We never learn.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #20 - 09/01/13 at 11:40:19

A VERY low %age of Americans support this. WE, the American people Have learned,OUr  leadership do the bidding ofthe globalists. War makes them $$$ & givesthem control,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #21 - 09/01/13 at 12:32:18

What a joke to see the US on a moral high horse preaching to the world, when our war criminals play golf and enjoy their lives. The hypocrisy is so glaringly blatant. It's simply disgusting.

If we were willing to express the least amount of contrition, sorrow or regret for many our own deeds, acknowledgment that we sell more weapons on the world stage than another country, etc., just a small reality check, we might gain a modicum of credibility. Of course, admitting to anything, or apologizing for anything is red meat for the rightwing, who jump at any chance to portray Obama as "weak" or "un-American" Should that be determining our behavior? Of course not.

Without showing an ounce of contrition or humility we are not a credible voice. Let someone with cleaner hands make the case. No other of the 190 or so other countries support this military intervention.

The moral outrage seems to be promoted by those that will make profits from war. Dropping American bombs and missiles on funerals, weddings and first responders?? Where is the outrage??

Maybe we should take a good long look at how we treat our OWN war criminals, for a change.

Our own government lets Its own citizens die in hospital waiting rooms or in their beds at home because they don’t have healthcare. They’re not spending hundreds of billions of dollars intervening in foreign conflicts for humanitarian reasons.

The number of high-ranking people who claim our right to bomb anyone anywhere for any reason whatever is astoundingly dangerous for our self-interest. No one in the entire world except a few uninformed people in the US thinks bombing Syria is a good idea in the first place. But the hypocritical stance of the US on this is not lost on the average global citizen of the world.

Hell we use depleted uranium like it's going out of style, which most consider a chemical weapon.

It should be the responsibility of the UN to seek a solution. Of course Russia will no doubt seek to prevent meaningful solutions. A lot like we prevent any meaningful steps from occurring when Israel is called to task.

Japan's Fukushima reactors are leaking nuclear waste water into the Pacific. If we're so worried about people being affected by man-made toxins why aren't we turning our attention to something that can really have an effect on us?? What about the starving fly covered children of Somulia and other waring nations concern us…we could use that military money to provide food and medicine to help those children in a humanitarian effort.

Seems like if it doesn't involve oil and blowing up sh!t we're not interested!

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #22 - 09/01/13 at 12:37:24

Tony S wrote on 09/01/13 at 11:13:48:
This is a democracy, it's in the hands of Congress for now. We might assume they will get better intel than us and make their decision accordingly. I say again a significant number of conservative republicans have wanted action for a long time.

But ray and webster justin - you keep talking about we don't "know" who did the chemical attack. Seriously?  Where did the rebels get chemical weapons? In sufficient quanity to cause over a thousand deaths? And the delivery systems?

So I live next door to you. I raise chickens. I have thousands of chickens - the third largest supply of chickens in the entire world. As far as anyone can tell, you don't own a single chicken. One day you come home and find chicken crap all over your yard.  

The neighbors think you have a few chickens hidden in basement, got them out and they crapped all over your place? REALLY

Your neighbors are non too bright

As for Desert storm 2. We had UN inspectors on the ground. They couldn't find anything in the way of WMD. As I recall, they eventually canned a few people for the "bad intel" provide.

Why then is Kerry not spelling out the threat of WMD's instead of sarin?  headlines:" Citing sarin use, US seeks to bolster Syria case"

B2 had a congressional backing too, but then Al Gore et al, cried later they were lied too, etc....

How can Bo be against B2 when it is almost the same circumstance, yet now it makes perfect sense? Just like raising the debt ceiling, against, now he for it?????  How, why?

PS: I don't expect a real answer  Roll Eyes

the link: http://www.komonews.com/news/national/Citing-sarin-use-US-seeks-to-bolster-Sy...

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #23 - 09/01/13 at 12:58:04

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 09/01/13 at 11:02:59:
WM -
Organized crime is a whole different matter, because they are HERE and try to control OUR people.
I'm talking about them strongmen in peanut countries where people are incapable of self rule.
I see JOG is off on another conspiracy theory that the rebels gassed themselves; Gee.

And if we go there and blow the place to hell and kill thousands of innocent women and children, then leave they will still be incapable of ruling themselves. Happens everytime. We never learn from our past mistakes.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #24 - 09/01/13 at 13:06:15

Geeze,, I am such an IDIOT!

Worst case scenario – gas weapon in the hands of untrained ...
   ... it just might have been a major screw up by the untrained rebels handling chemical weapons ... as to accidentally releasing ... off at the mouth, made ...
   bzerob1.wordpress.com/2013/...gas-weapon...untrained-asshats - Cached
   Rebels Admit Responsibility for Chemical Weapons Attack | The ...
   Rebels Admit Responsibility for Chemical Weapons Attack. Militants tell AP reporter they mishandled Saudi-supplied chemical weapons, causing accident
   theunhivedmind.com/.../rebels...for-chemical-weapons-attack - Cached
   Syrian Rebels Used Chemical Weapons, Russia Claims ...
   Syrian Rebels Used Chemical Weapons, Russia Claims. ... Beverly Osu Strips Off Her Clothes To ... 11-Year-Old Boy Accidentally Hangs Himself While Trying To Play ...
   www.informationng.com/...rebels-used-chemical-weapons... - Cached
   Are the Syrian rebels the ones using chemical weapons ...
   Are the Syrian rebels the ones using chemical weapons? ... not the Syrian regimewhich may have used the sarin gas that set off ... News anchor accidentally ...
   www.salon.com/2013/05/...rebels...chemical_weapons_partner - Cached
   Syrian Rebels Behind Chemical Attack, Weapons Provided by ...
   The Obama administration seems confident that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad was behind the recent chemical attack that killed at least 355 Syrian ...
   www.opposingviews.com/i/politics/foreign-policy/war... - Cached
   Disclosure: Rebels Admit Responsibility for Chemical Weapons ...
   Now Obama has no excuse to invade Syria. Please share, everyone! ~ BP Reblogged from Brian Kelly's blog: Disclosure: Rebels Admit Responsibility for ...
   2012thebigpicture.wordpress.com/2013/08/30/disclosure... - Cached
   Syrian Rebels Claim Saudi Prince Bandar Responsible For ...
   It is growing increasingly possible that public outcry might make the Imperial force of American Exceptionalism, with its humanitarian war sights set on ...
   www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zLKbQ1fBHU - Cached
   .Play Video
   More results from youtube.com »
   Syria accuses rebels of using chemical weapons against ...
   Syrian state media accused rebels of using chemical arms on Saturday against government troops trying to storm a contested neighborhood of Damascus, claiming a major ...
   www.newser.com/article/da8cbvmo2/syria-accuses-rebels-of... - Cached
   More results from newser.com »

Promotiona

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #25 - 09/01/13 at 13:11:45

Midnightrider wrote on 09/01/13 at 12:58:04:
Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 09/01/13 at 11:02:59:
WM -
Organized crime is a whole different matter, because they are HERE and try to control OUR people.
I'm talking about them strongmen in peanut countries where people are incapable of self rule.
I see JOG is off on another conspiracy theory that the rebels gassed themselves; Gee.

And if we go there and blow the place to hell and kill thousands of innocent women and children, then leave they will still be incapable of ruling themselves. Happens everytime. We never learn from our past mistakes.

Not only that, does it not give proof to their claim against us as imperialist, and just more fodder to the teachings of the future generations? It must, and therefor the same old mindset of mass execution via OUR justified strike(s) only passes this turmoil into the future, with no chance at all for remedy    Angry 

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Tony S

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Evansville,IN
Reply #26 - 09/01/13 at 14:31:58

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/01/13 at 13:06:15:
Geeze,, I am such an IDIOT!

Worst case scenario – gas weapon in the hands of untrained ...
   ... it just might have been a major screw up by the untrained rebels handling chemical weapons ... as to accidentally releasing ... off at the mouth, made ...
   bzerob1.wordpress.com/2013/...gas-weapon...untrained-asshats - Cached
   Rebels Admit Responsibility for Chemical Weapons Attack | The ...
   Rebels Admit Responsibility for Chemical Weapons Attack. Militants tell AP reporter they mishandled Saudi-supplied chemical weapons, causing accident
   theunhivedmind.com/.../rebels...for-chemical-weapons-attack - Cached
   Syrian Rebels Used Chemical Weapons, Russia Claims ...
   Syrian Rebels Used Chemical Weapons, Russia Claims. ... Beverly Osu Strips Off Her Clothes To ... 11-Year-Old Boy Accidentally Hangs Himself While Trying To Play ...
   www.informationng.com/...rebels-used-chemical-weapons... - Cached
   Are the Syrian rebels the ones using chemical weapons ...
   Are the Syrian rebels the ones using chemical weapons? ... not the Syrian regimewhich may have used the sarin gas that set off ... News anchor accidentally ...
   www.salon.com/2013/05/...rebels...chemical_weapons_partner - Cached
   Syrian Rebels Behind Chemical Attack, Weapons Provided by ...
   The Obama administration seems confident that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad was behind the recent chemical attack that killed at least 355 Syrian ...
   www.opposingviews.com/i/politics/foreign-policy/war... - Cached
   Disclosure: Rebels Admit Responsibility for Chemical Weapons ...
   Now Obama has no excuse to invade Syria. Please share, everyone! ~ BP Reblogged from Brian Kelly's blog: Disclosure: Rebels Admit Responsibility for ...
   2012thebigpicture.wordpress.com/2013/08/30/disclosure... - Cached
   Syrian Rebels Claim Saudi Prince Bandar Responsible For ...
   It is growing increasingly possible that public outcry might make the Imperial force of American Exceptionalism, with its humanitarian war sights set on ...
   www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zLKbQ1fBHU - Cached
   .Play Video
   More results from youtube.com »
   Syria accuses rebels of using chemical weapons against ...
   Syrian state media accused rebels of using chemical arms on Saturday against government troops trying to storm a contested neighborhood of Damascus, claiming a major ...
   www.newser.com/article/da8cbvmo2/syria-accuses-rebels-of... - Cached
   More results from newser.com »

Promotiona

I cannot get most of your links to work. One does a 404. One brings up something not in HTML. Another is blank.

Most of the time the simplest explanation is the truth. We know Syria's military has chemical weapons. We have no reason to believe the rebels do.

Just because you read it as a contrarian viewpoint on the internet, doesn't make it true.  For instance:

Proof Obama is the antichrist
http://www.obamaantichrist.org/obama-antichrist-evidence/

Proof the earth is flat, not round:
http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djublonskopf/Flatearthsociety.htm

Proof we never sent men to the moon:
http://apollozero.com/

As far as I'm concerned, you can just ad "the Syrian rebels cooked up Sarin gas and killed themselves" to the list

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #27 - 09/01/13 at 16:26:49

In large part,.. the reason Obama is president is because of the last two wars...
He won't get us into another...
There will likely be some missile strikes to a few strategic weapons sites in Syria...  Enough to make Asshat not willing to use those chemical weapons again...  
Basically,.. a smack on the hand, to let him know that those actions won't be tolerated...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Tony S

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Evansville,IN
Reply #28 - 09/01/13 at 16:42:38

Serowbot wrote on 09/01/13 at 16:26:49:
In large part,.. the reason Obama is president is because of the last two wars...
He won't get us into another...
There will likely be some missile strikes to a few strategic weapons sites in Syria...  Enough to make Asshat not willing to use those chemical weapons again...  
Basically,.. a smack on the hand, to let him know that those actions won't be tolerated...

+1

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #29 - 09/01/13 at 18:03:43

Quote:
There will likely be some missile strikes to a few strategic weapons sites in Syria...  

Or not. Obama tossed the ball to congress 'cause he hopes they say no and get him off the hook. Or, in the event they agree to some sort of strike, and something goes wrong, he can spread the blame around instead of taking all the heat himself.

The real danger is that crap like this has a nasty way of getting out of control once it's started. Especially when the real reason that the POTUS decides to shoot missles at someplace is just so that the leaders of Russia and China won't think he's a wimp. You don't really think he gives a hoot about a few thousand dead Syrians do you?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 08:21:36

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Riddle me this batman....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.