Send Topic Print
Close call.... (Read 296 times)
botticelli

Custom Savage Build
Coming!

Boston
Re: Close call....
Reply #15 - 08/30/13 at 08:41:08

Park on a motorcycle IMHO is totally useless. The "P" for park might as well be "D" for Drain battery! Roll Eyes

To the OP, battery is fine, as long as it still holds a charge and starts when you need it. As other mentioned its new, so little damage if any done here.

Four wheels move the body, two move the soul!
  IP Logged
Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
Reply #16 - 08/30/13 at 13:49:33

HondaLavis wrote on 08/30/13 at 07:36:51:
I was taught the same method for shut down at the MSF course.  I think it's good because it gives you the muscle memory for the kill switch vs the key.  In an emergency you're going to rely on your instinct.  I'd rather use the kill switch than fumble under the seat when the pressure is on. Wink

+1. And HondaLavis, I sure wish you would post more often. I don't know why I like seeing your posts, but I do.  Cool

good hunting

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
ylwf3vr

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Oahu, Hawaii
Reply #17 - 08/30/13 at 15:12:32

Blinky-FSO wrote on 08/30/13 at 13:49:33:
HondaLavis wrote on 08/30/13 at 07:36:51:
I was taught the same method for shut down at the MSF course.  I think it's good because it gives you the muscle memory for the kill switch vs the key.  In an emergency you're going to rely on your instinct.  I'd rather use the kill switch than fumble under the seat when the pressure is on. Wink

+1. And HondaLavis, I sure wish you would post more often. I don't know why I like seeing your posts, but I do.  Cool

good hunting

So the experienced rider course preached the same thing. Muscle memory.

2007 S-40: Dyna Muffler, Raptor, K&N Air Filter, everything else stock
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #18 - 08/31/13 at 13:22:00

ylwf3vr wrote on 08/29/13 at 19:51:06:
... So what do you guys think about the battery? I turned it off after seeing it started. After work I rode it home without issues. Do I need another one? Did it do damage being on that long?
Nah! Flatten battery and needing a jump or charge just once is not a problem.  Twice, maybe.  Generally, third it is time to get a new battery.  My The Big Crank AGM revived five times and was still good when I sold the bike.

WWW   IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #19 - 08/31/13 at 20:05:13

I may be wrong (yet again) but I believe the kill switch is a European requirement so that emergency workers (EMTs/firemen) can do their thing with less risk to themselves Cheesy.

IP Logged
runwyrlph
Serious Thumper

Semper ubi sub ubi

pa
Reply #20 - 09/02/13 at 08:19:37

ylwf3vr wrote on 08/29/13 at 19:51:06:
Forgot my question during the typing.. Lol

So what do you guys think about the battery? I turned it off after seeing it started. After work I rode it home without issues. Do I need another one? Did it do damage being on that long?

Battery should be fine.  Some dummy has left my key on at least 4 or 5 times in the past 7 years.  Push or jump start, then put on the charger later if needed.

I'm still on the original stock 7 yr old battery, still works.  Just refill with diH20 and charge every spring.

I turn off with the key to prevent such problems.

My procedure is: Stop, turn off key, stick key in gas cap so i'll see it, take off gloves&helmet, grab key and put in pocket.  

2007 s40 -stock -white spacer out -repaired to rideable condition!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 21:18:04

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Close call....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.