Send Topic Print
Dyna Exhaust Questions (Read 122 times)
SteveBless
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Dyna Exhaust Questions
08/28/13 at 05:21:02

I have fitted a Dyna Exhaust and it sounds wonderful. I bought two off ebay. The two pipes were not the same at the end. One was bigger bore inside, than the other, even though they came off the same Harley. Which is the best one to fit?. They both also had cats. No backfiring when I shut off either. I fitted the biggest bore. But I was wondering if the other would be any quieter. I bolted it straight on the mount with no problem and it looks great. The thing is though I do not have the original rubber grommet that sits in the mount with a collet, Should I get one or leave it as is. I am a bit worried over things cracking with fatigue/vibration. Oh by the way my bike is the LS400.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Dyna Exhaust Questions
Reply #1 - 08/28/13 at 09:47:45

Smaller might be quieter... I don't know....  I never heard of two different sizes on one bike...

Mine has been hard mounted without the rubber bushing for 25k miles... and it's been fine...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
SteveBless
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 08/29/13 at 01:47:46

Serowbot wrote on 08/28/13 at 09:47:45:
Smaller might be quieter... I don't know....  I never heard of two different sizes on one bike...

Mine has been hard mounted without the rubber bushing for 25k miles... and it's been fine...

Thanks for the reply. I will leave mine as is then. Just a bit tempted to try the smaller outlet to see if it is quieter.

IP Logged
PhantomII

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Tampa, FL
Reply #3 - 08/29/13 at 07:04:32

I wonder if it might have something to do with the Harley exhaust having one header longer than the other maybe some kind of back pressure compensation.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 16:18:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Dyna Exhaust Questions

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.