08/27/13 at 19:51:53

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: tragic
Reply #1 - 08/27/13 at 21:34:58

Yep,, That right there fits the definition of that word exactly,,, & the truck driver should never shift another transmission with more than 5 gears.
I knew a family who got run over by a big rig. The judge promised them the driver would never be behind the wheel of a big rig again,
The damage? The man,my friend, was so damaged,torn muscles, misaligned shoulder/spine/neck , ended his sports he played & slowly set off a series of chronic illnesses, until he killed himself w/ a shotgun blast to the heart, a few months ago, more senseless tragedy,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #2 - 08/28/13 at 04:25:53

A terrible tragedy, I agree JOG that driver should have his CDL pulled.

On the other side of the coin having a four year old out for a ride on a full sized HD is unacceptable in my opinion, I highly doubt that that kid could even touch the  passenger pegs more or less sit safely on the back.  I've lived in India and understand the need of people who can't afford any other transportation other then a standard UJM having to ride with their kids,  but to take your four year old out on your HOG just because "It's Cool"......... so not cool.

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #3 - 08/28/13 at 08:53:00

I agree toes... there is no "safe" way to ride a small child on a motorcycle. All I ever see in my mind when I do see someone with their child on the bike, is the bike tumbling through the median and the child strapped to their parents back cushioning the blows the driver is taking as he/she flips across the asphalt. Most "safety" devices on motorcycle rides are "strap" devices that attach the child to the parent, that's like putting your seatbelt around your child sitting in your lap in the car, or putting you child behind you sitting in your front seat of a car, not gonna be safe in an accident and the child is going to pay dearly.

I would suggest getting a side car if you want your child to ride with you, at least until they are big enough to reach the passenger pegs.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #4 - 08/28/13 at 17:55:15

The motorcyclist was, in my opinion, at fault.  The news says that the "... semi suddenly made a U-turn in front of the motorcycle ...."  BULLSHIT!  It is impossible for a truck-trailer to "suddenly" make a U-turn in a 45 mph speed zone.  When you see a semi doing anything other than straight line you back off and yield the right-of-weight and let him do whatever he needs to do.

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 08/28/13 at 18:11:40

+1...Paladin, manslaughter at the least...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Dj12midnit
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

If you'r here and
I'm here isn't this
our time?

Lynden Wa.
Reply #6 - 08/28/13 at 20:02:40

Have I ever told you the story of my little girl? In the state of washington you must be five. for her fifth birthday I got her a helmet. she is not eight and has ridden over five thousand miles on the back of my bike. Crazy people are shooting children in schools, should I stop sending her to school? What are the statistics. How many kids died today riding in a car?

This is a sad story, but instead of pointing fingers, pray for the family of that little girl. They need all the help they can get.

http://www.suzukiownersclub.net

2006 Progressive 412-4236C, Big Crank, TKat F\B, ME880 Rear.
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #7 - 08/28/13 at 20:16:46

Enough sadness to go around, and enough blame. Let each take the portion they  feel  is theirs.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #8 - 08/28/13 at 20:28:45

There is an old saying among commercial drivers... "The one with the most lug nuts wins (excluding trains, they always win)"... I used to drive 8 axle heavy haul, that's 160 lug nuts. Amazing the stupidity that cars, light trucks and motorcycles will do around a big rig. Anybody close enough to get run over is too close.

If you can't see the rig's mirrors, the driver can't see you. And you won't have any reaction time if something goes awry.

Deepest condolences to the families involved. An accident like this one affects everyone related to it, be it the driver(s), passenger and family, first responders.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 19:17:43

General CategoryThe Cafe › tragic

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.